Reviews for Midnight Guardian
SortingHat chapter 11 . 11/22/2016
The wind and rain part is often right in the winter but the thunder and lightning is way off base. Britain doesn't get the right airmasses and mixing needed for thunder and lightning so it's a *treat* for weather watchers when it happens.

Sometimes in the spring and summer they can get cold fronts that bring a few flashes and a clap or two of *thunder* as they call it but that's pretty much it. *Garden Variety* weather is what it's often called.

Summer time they can get what is called a *Spanish Plume* after a long heatwave which are fun to track and those can bring lots of lightning and occasionally flash flooding with 25-70mm of rain in just a few hours but it's not very often and very scattered. But when it does strike severe travel disruption is the result.

The Midlands and SE England are the *most prone* areas at risk during the summertime and some years it can be quite noisy when it happens and cricket matches/horse racing will get washed out.
SortingHat chapter 9 . 11/22/2016
Yeah the whole thing is *Riddikulus* to begin with.
SortingHat chapter 8 . 11/22/2016
As good as thiws fic is the story is still biased against Slytherins and shoe horns the other houses.

I can ssee the bias oozing out from your writing no matter how well you try to *hide* it.

As much as people love to stick to Canon it becomes easily predictable and I already guessed that Harry was going to have extra training and he would not talk about his abuse to his friends because Harry is not very independent in canon.

At least the Dumbledore bashing fanfics does ask questions that leads to interesting developments.

It doesn't hurt to use creative licensing to deal with unanswered questions or poorly answered questions.
SortingHat chapter 7 . 11/22/2016
This is why parks have signs that warn DON'T FEED THE BEAR!.

You feed one bear you will be feeding them all! Then they won't know how to fend for themselves the natural way and the whole eco-system will be screwed up royal.
SortingHat chapter 2 . 11/22/2016
One game Harry should try is Pac Man World 1 as it puts the Platform in platforming and has really good catchy music that are remixes of the pacman themes in different styles.

It's better then World 2.

More and more people need to vote with their wallet instead of buying something half broken and just complain. It makes then #1 look like a total hypocrite and not to be taken seriously and #2 it tells the company making the product that it's okay to continue the same crap.

Pirate the game! Some say but that just increases more paranoid TSA style security on our lives leading to what conspiracy theorists call Agenda 21 more and more.

I feel we are not too far off from Agenda 21. We just need a world wide crisis and it will be easy to implant on the desperate people who will sell their own daughters for extra food rations.
SortingHat chapter 1 . 11/22/2016
I wonder why Harry didn't sneak onto Dudley's game machines at night to play them under Harry's own file. He could call it file X and see what it is that makes Dudley so excited.
Sealure chapter 20 . 10/4/2016
I think this just became the best Harry Potter fanfiction I have ever read in my 4 years of reading on . I absolutely adored it! It was so well written, I felt like I was actually there! And personally, I think you pegged Moony and Padfoot just as well as J.K. Rowling. I have always loved the "what if Sirius was proved innocent and allowed to take Harry home with him" fics, and this one is by far the best I've found. Just spectacular! Keep up the good work!
mckertis chapter 17 . 10/2/2016
Okay, this is way more pathetic of a story than the canon.
mckertis chapter 5 . 10/2/2016
Gah ! Why cant someone just PUNCH Dumbledore in his fucking head ? Just punch the fucker !
mckertis chapter 4 . 10/2/2016
Wooow, your characters are even more feeble than the canon ones. Nobody can even think for themselves, and Harry is completely fine with Remus being a shitty friend.
This guy doesnt have a clue chapter 20 . 9/7/2016
Good story
nanniepoppy17 chapter 20 . 8/5/2016
Love this story so much
nanniepoppy17 chapter 2 . 8/3/2016
But I thought Sirius obliviated him?
asdfghjkler chapter 1 . 7/14/2016
This looks absolutely awesome.
GodricGeoffreyGryffindor chapter 20 . 7/10/2016
Definitely a better resolution than canon. Sirius is now a free man! I would have liked to have seen even more changes from canon. I was never able to buy into the foolish idea that nobody, absolutely nobody, was willing to question the received wisdom that Sirius Black was a danger to Harry despite all the evidence to the contrary. When the summary says "changing everything" I would really like to see a fairly radical departure from canon events.

A stag is a powerful patronus all on its own. It doesn't really need the addition of a wolf and a grim. That feels like a superfluous fan addition that mildly degrades the story by overpowering the hero. That being said, it does have symbolic significance. It says that Harry has three spiritual "fathers" who love him, who's love he feels, not just one. If Sirius and Remus are truly there for Harry and fighting side by side with him throughout the rest of the series, then fine. But if they're isolated at Grimmauld Place or Lupin's cottage while Harry fights his battles alone at Hogwarts for the next few years then not so fine.
1,310 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »