Reviews for Midnight Guardian
missgsmith51 chapter 20 . 5/29/2014
Bummer! Just once I wish Peter could stay in prison where he belongs. I wonder why he wasn't wearing magic-inhibiting bracelets and ankle cuffs. They knew he was an animagus; cuffs would have prevented him from transforming. The dummies! (I wonder if Fudge helped him. I don't trust him.)
missgsmith51 chapter 19 . 5/29/2014
I knew that idiot would be hard to convince. What's Fudge hiding? Why is he unwilling to question Pettigrew and Sirius under Veritaserum? Why is he afraid of giving Sirius a trial?

It's a good thing Harry has been studying wizard law. I'm glad the Aurors have some sense, at least.
missgsmith51 chapter 18 . 5/29/2014
Finally! I didn't think they would ever get it done! (I'd like to see Snape's face right now. Hehe!)
missgsmith51 chapter 17 . 5/29/2014
Why doesn't Harry tell Remus about the fact that Sirius didn't even have a trial? That info could come in handy in convincing Dumbledore.
missgsmith51 chapter 16 . 5/29/2014
Well, at least he knows the truth. Now ... how to make others pay attention?
missgsmith51 chapter 15 . 5/29/2014
Fifty points from Slytherin? If positions had been reversed, Snape would have taken fifty points EACH from Gryffindor. I think they should all be booted from their team for the rest of the year, minimum.

Well, good for Harry wanting to know the truth and not assuming that he already knows it. Too bad he didn't ask the ministry for details of Sirius's trial. He'd have quickly learned there had never been one.
missgsmith51 chapter 14 . 5/29/2014
"Why did he always have to find out like this? Why couldn't anyone just be upfront with him?" I think that's the real problem. The attempts to shield him from problems are more hurtful, because when the problems finally come out, the shielding just appears to have been more lies.
missgsmith51 chapter 13 . 5/29/2014
At least he did it himself. He knew Hermione would have told if he hadn't.

LOL at Sybil's prediction! She got herself with that one. That'll teach her to go shooting her mouth off. Well, she likes drama, and now she has some.
missgsmith51 chapter 12 . 5/29/2014
I'd say Harry is depressed ... and not without cause. If this poor kid doesn't get a break soon, he's going to be on a permanent downer.

I keep going back to that blue "not quite Howler" Sirius sent to Dumbledore. He kept it; it didn't disintegrate like the red ones do. But why, if he took it seriously as far as Harry was concerned - and it was accurate, after all - didn't he give the writer/speaker more consideration? Nothing in it sounds insane. Outraged, yes, but not insane.

Twice now - more, if you count the days and nights before the kidnapping - Sirius has had ample opportunity to kidnap and hurt Harry, yet he has not. Why are the adults not processing this?

I hope Sirius isn't caught and killed, as he was in one of the stories I read earlier. :(
missgsmith51 chapter 10 . 5/29/2014
I notice Sirius never said who "he" is. I wonder when Remus is going to tell Harry about the three animagi Marauders.
missgsmith51 chapter 7 . 5/29/2014
Dreamless sleep? I always think of that as addictive, like sleeping pills. I guess she figured Harry wouldn't be getting much sleep otherwise.

As for Malfoy, he surely has heard about the Dementors, and I'd be willing to bet he already knows all about Harry's summer horrors. After all, Fudge knows, which means his little "pocket pal" Lucius also knows. If old "Lucy" knows, you can bet Draco knows at least part of the story. Since Draco can't keep his yap shut, Slytherin, at least, will probably know soon.

Harry's life reminds me of a quote by Miss Madrigal from the movie The Chalk Garden. She says, "There is no place, no safe or private place, not for people like me." I always think of that line when I think of how the incidents of Harry's life are considered fodder for public consumption.
missgsmith51 chapter 6 . 5/29/2014
"Why would Black willingly give up a wand when he had none of his own? There was just so much of the entire abduction that didn't make sense."

Yet another question none of the adults has bothered to ask or answer. My question: Why doesn't Sirius send another of those Howlers and request a trial and questioning under Veritaserum. He could present himself at Gringotts, a neutral location.

That Howler didn't sound like the ravings of a lunatic. Hasn't anyone even stopped to discuss that?
missgsmith51 chapter 5 . 5/29/2014
Well, now he knows. Perhaps Harry will start putting the pieces together, considering the adults don't seem to be able to do so.
missgsmith51 chapter 4 . 5/29/2014
I can't believe Remus doesn't see the discrepancy between the Sirius who helped Harry and the Sirius they all BELIEVE to be the betrayer of a James and Lily. He of all people should be questioning whether they might be wrong?
missgsmith51 chapter 3 . 5/29/2014
"t was difficult for many to even consider Black's actions being anything but insane. Why would someone go through all of the trouble to abduct a boy, the-boy-who-lived at that, only to simply let him go? It was obvious that Black had some other agenda and Harry Potter was in the middle of it."

Sometimes I wonder if Fudge's brain is fully operational. A person of less than average intelligence should be able to see that 1) Harry is critically injured, and 2) Sirius took the trouble to get him away from his abusers and get him help rather than kidnap him. It should be obvious from these actions that the preeminent agenda of Sirius Black is Harry's immediate physical danger and his continued safety.

What . an . idiot! (Fudge, not Sirius.)
1,312 | « Prev Page 1 .. 6 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 26 .. Last Next »