Reviews for Ad Maiorem Dei Gloriam
TillyMe chapter 1 . 5/18/2011
one of the best!:)
BlackLioness chapter 1 . 2/14/2010
Oh, I liked this story - the interaction between Roy and Kimbley was very interesting and I love the way you write the characters Roy's awesome, but I especially liked your take on Kimbley... there really isn't that much information on him, so I guess that gives the author more freedom which can sometimes be a double edged sword, not in your case though ;). Nice fic, loads of fun to read.
Sear chapter 1 . 1/26/2008
Who says pretentious can't be good? It fits with the way you characterise Mustang, so it's all good. The drunken dialogues were, awesome, too - the best part of the fic (though maybe it helps that I fangirl Kimbly like crazy)
wellduh chapter 1 . 9/8/2006
Hey, I think I read this before. A long time ago.

The first time around I don't think I cared enough about Kimbley to pay attention. Now that I read it again, I really like it-your Kimbley is a real character. The dialogue is truly something. Kimbley and Roy must be really fun together. (End review that is two years late. Cough.)
Reius Devirix chapter 1 . 4/15/2006
It's not a pretentious piece of tripe, Mikomi's Pen! Well, maybe a little. There's a wonderful bit of coincidence that I'd like to share with you: I'm reading this in and when I flick to my other browser window, lo and behold! It's your name staring right back at me. Hahaha... weird, huh? The other window is your other fic, Inclement Weather. In a different site. "Higher than the Sun Royai fanfiction archive" ring a bell? Damn. I hate coincidences. Well, whatever. Just know that you are a wonderful author!
luvin aoshi chapter 1 . 10/16/2005
Tripe? I think not. Rather brilliant, in fact.
MizukoMidori chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Flames! Flames! You are sadly my mistaken my dear. I fall at your feet in near worship myself. I love this piece of work. I esepcially, especially [i]loved[/i] the parts between Roy and Kimbley. Their conversations are maginificent. I love how you portray Kimbley as abso-fucking-lutely insane, yet in a way, in Kimbley's view it's romanticized. At least that's how I see it. It's all genius to me.

I apologize for flooding you with reviews today by the way. I've just gotten caught up in you work after reading the latest chapter of Inclement Whether, and have fallen in love so to speak. If you want to contact me my email is rachel.
RocKofAgeS chapter 1 . 6/3/2005
shit man! how the fuck do you write so well? i'm usually not a big fan of the ishbal years, but that was just so good! such technique, wonderful vocabulary, excellent character insight, just overall excellence! wonderful job!
Mere chapter 1 . 5/22/2005
I didn't think it was a pretentious piece of tripe. Though that may be 'cause I totally missed all of the allusions. ; Anyway, I thought it was excellent. And I'm a sucker for Latin. ; I'd protest against your thinking that it's bad and Roy comes off as anal-retentive if I didn't recognise the phenomenon very, very well. So I'll- just say that I thought it was very good again and go away before I start talking even more ridiculously. ;;
b7-kerravon chapter 1 . 5/10/2005
Excuse me, but I'd HARDLY call this story a "pretentious piece of tripe"; I actually enjoyed it quite a bit. I suspect that Mustang is still pretty anal-retentive, at least to survive in his current environment.

Your author page suggests that you are a high school (or early college) student? Impressive. The vast majority of college graduates in the United States don't write nearly as well. Keep it up - I suspect you could write professionally!
Henrika chapter 1 . 1/20/2005
Excellent examination of his feelings during the war. I do like the idea of Mustang being an uptight guy during the war. And Kimbley...wow, that was interesting. Keep writing!
Droston chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
Okay, you say pretentious, and I, such as I am, fall over dead. I think it is amazing. You have such a way with the characters-it goes far beyond Look, a battlefield, see the dust? And here's Roy, sad because he killed people and Kimbley happy for the same reason. Kimbley is bad. Kimbley makes people explode ;-;.

The writing is well-balanced within the subsections, but its most profound strength lies in the characters. I love the conversation between Roy-uptight, as you said, and defensive-and Kimbley-the modern, vulgar advocate of practical selfishness. I love the words they use, I love the interaction they have. Even angsty, drunken revelation is tempered by angsty, drunken wit. And did I mention how much in love I am-yes.

The allusions, originally, made me a bit wary, but in context, they work quite well. The reader can interpret as far as she likes (I twinge with happiness when Kimbley instructs Roy to be bloody, bold and resolute, because it is effective on as many levels as I choose to acknowledge. First, Kimbley is quoting Macbeth. Second, Kimbley is quoting the second(?) apparition. Third, Kimbley is hardly quoting at all, seemlessly voicing the counsel of the bloody child (?) amid his own talk. All of these or one of them, it works.)

Er...I should stop. But basically the idea behins my review is: every line in this is effective, the narrative is great, and the Crimson alchemist quotes the bloody child/baby!Malcolm to someone with some vague plan of a coup. But the details. Oh lord.

(also...'chumeia' is...alchemy, yes? Maybe? At any rate I would like to say I appreciated the Greek as well. If 'chumeia' means 'alchemy'. If not, I have failed to fully appreciate your story.)
Circular Infinity chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
Yeah, ok, I've a couple of things by you now, and I've come to the conclusion that are a solid writer. Your dialogue is good, your narative is good, the arcs within the pieces are good. What can I say, you're on my author's alert list now.

About this particular story: I really did like it a lot. It's a good mustang character piece without going over board. I liked the dialogue between mustang and kimbly, I found it interesting how you placed them in the same tent in the war, something you mentioned in another one of your stories. I think the characterization was consistant - mustang seemed really real.
FullMetalShadow chapter 1 . 9/26/2004
...

WOW!

how extremely well-done! i just love the way you incorporated kimbley into this, and roy's thought processes...

WOW.

you're a genius. i salute!
Neptune47 chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Holy cow. This piece deserves infinitely more reveiws than its received. It's certainly going on my favorites list.

I didn't think it was pretensious at all. In fact, I think it was a valid analysis of Roy Mustang, and how he got to be the way he is. It's quite obvious that he's got a lot of ghosts in the closet that he'll never be able to let go of. And yet he still is able to retain this sense of nobility and honor!

Great job!