Reviews for Matters Considered Practically
Goth Albino Angel chapter 1 . 7/14/2013
This seems like it should go more under Rita Skeeter than under Hermione/Luna. There's just barely any mention of the two being together; the entire thing seems to focus more on Rita's life than anything with Hermione and Luna. Really, the only thing it seems to have is the fact that this is about Rita's life up until this point and how she got to where she was. I loved it, the writing style was purrfect, honest, but you may want to change who's name it's under.
HogwartsHussy chapter 1 . 10/2/2008
Undenibly brilliant! Rita Skeeter is one of those women that you love to hate but you portray her so well. And her views on being a Slytherin! I believe that Ron only told half of the story when he said that all of the DE were from Slytherin house. First because I doubt that Peter Pettigrew was the only non-Slytherin Death Eater and secondly, Rita's let me think about whether or not this would benefit me is the most truly Slytherin attitude of all.
inkvoices chapter 1 . 3/7/2008
I love stories about characters that are peripheral and/or overlooked in canon, and whilst Rita has quite a large role she still seems to be ignored in fanfiction, so well done straight off for tackling her.

The characterisation in this is spot on, of Hermione and Luna as well as Rita, and I enjoyed this take on Rita's background - including the trials was a nice depth-adding touch too. The only criticism I can think off the top of my head is stylistic; just that some of the paragraphs were a little too long to read clearly with closely-packed text on a computer screen. The writing itself was brilliant. :o)

I especially loved the comment Rita makes near the beginning about facing lunatics unarmed, with the idea that she at least half-believes the rumous she writes (and because she's sat next to luna-tic already, meh), and Rita's pragmatism.
Possum132 chapter 1 . 2/21/2006
This is excellent - and all the Death Eater activity in HBP must have given her plenty of scope for her talents, very mean of JKR not to let us see more of her in that book.
unlikely2 chapter 1 . 10/21/2005
Superbly conceived and executed. A really excellent take on Rita. Well written.
Nekare chapter 1 . 7/1/2005
I love this so much

I've never hated skeeter, but I've never really given her much though either; so this made me look at her in a completely different way. thank you for that.

her background was magnific, and everything was EXACTLY what she would have done!

congratulations, you've won yourself a new fan.
ReeraTheRed chapter 1 . 10/24/2004
Whoa! You have that woman down! This is absolutely creepy. And yet, you've made her strangely sympathetic, something I would have thought impossible.

I don't suppose you would write one about Umbridge, or is she too horrible to even contemplate?
Gypsy chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
Absolutely spectacular. This story is absolutely spectacular. I can't think of a single criticism to make (and for me- that's rare.) I like your interpretation (if that's even the right word really) of Rita and of the events surrounding her article in OotP (my favorite part of the book). It's a brilliant piece of writing- even your grammar is brilliant- and I hope that more of the readers on this website hurry up and give you more of your well-desereved reviews.

~Thank you for the read~

Gypsy*
ReginaLucifer chapter 1 . 9/11/2004
This is a very interesting look into what Rita was feeling during the fifth book! :) I really liked it although some parts were somewhat difficult to understand.