Reviews for Latias' Journey
Finally I'm finished with this and boy am I glad I took the time to read this, everything is amazing about this, even if some things didn't add up, it's probably just me.

Anyway thank you for making this and I just want to say I love how you made the Power Ranger lookalikes and now we have the Hoenn Rangers in ORAS
An interesting idea and I know this was written long ago but I see no point in reading it if this is not a ash latias pairing and God forbid pokeshipping
zorbinger chapter 26 . 4/17
dang this story is great!
zorbinger chapter 19 . 4/16
Yay Latias is traveling with Ash and fighting in the conference!
ngelander chapter 67 . 1/31
Having read this from start to finish, there was no way I could avoid reviewing it. I began this fanfic in my first semester of college, and now I'm in the middle of my second. I read it every day, and enjoyed almost every word. I was a bit disappointed with the decision to neiter the ending and nullify my favorite plot arc, but I'm glad it ended happily. I wish I had the capacity to write the essay I've imagined I would write for this review for the last five months, but I'm too tired. Rest in peace, latias journey. You will be missed. (And remembered fondly)
Well, here is my review. I know I'm (very) late to the party, as this story hasn't been updated since 2009 and there's a sequel, but I thought I should add my two cents. You're probably not going to listen to me, especially as this story is old and you've gotten hundreds and hundreds of raving reviews. But I will still leave you my opinion of this fic and point out the main flaws.

I'm sorry, but I cannot continue reading this story. The plot seems interesting, but you've padded this story with so much ridiculous filler that it's become boring to read. This story has no other reason to be this long. I can understand arcs that just further characters and not the plot, but this is just ridiculous. For example, what point does this RPG arc serve to the story? You could literally take it out and nothing new will be added. Considering your basic premise and plot, this story would've been much shorter and less boring to read without all this filler.

I found this highly irritating: it's spelt "Slowking", not "Sloking". If you don't have a beta reader (I'm sure they would've been able to pick that up), you should consider getting a beta reader in the future. Or you could just research to see if you've spelt a Pokémon's name right.

The random genre changing and tone is also annoying. It's also stupidly grimdark as well; Pokémon has a lot of potential at being dark, considering it's a world where ten-year-olds go fighting dangerous beasts. But the direction you've taken it makes the story seem a bit immature. And if you're going for this grimdark tone, please keep in consistent.

As a legendary Pokémon, Latias is a surprisingly useless sue. I would've thought a Legendary Pokémon should've been able to be, well, not mope so much like she has been doing. Isn't that a little contradictory? And her relationship with the Ghost King is very creepy and unrealistic.

Get rid of the sweatdropping. It's a visual pun and only works as such. Have you ever read a character "sweatdroping" in a published novel?

I don't want to get into much detail, as you're probably just going to ignore this review or delete it, falsely believing I'm just some jealous troll flaming you. As I've said, this story showed promise, but it was ruined by poor execution. You're probably going to think, "Well, if you don't like, then why did you read?" Honestly, the only reason I kept reading to this point is because I believed this story would get better later on. But even after skipping ~several~ chapters altogether, I could pretty much work out what was happening when I resumed reading and was not confused. Obviously, this is a bad thing.

~An anonymous user who couldn't be bothered logging in.
Kefka's Minion chapter 1 . 10/30/2015
THIS WAS POSTED ON 9/11/04, JUST THREE GD EARTHBOUNDBUCKING 9/11/01,
YOU PSYCHO
Zero Lunar chapter 67 . 10/8/2015
... I finally got around to reading this chapter, and I wish I had read it sooner. I was actually in a pretty terrible state about 2 hours ago, and I read this thinking you were going to screw with me more and make everyone horribly die or something...so I'm glad that I found myself laughing and enjoying this chapter. I'll be sure to read Brave New World eventually, but since it's so long I'll be trying to finish up some other fanfictions I'm reading. I think that you brought the story to an amazing, and much needed(for me at this moment in time), joyful end. Great work.
Zero Lunar chapter 66 . 7/23/2015
... They've made it to the end, but it's really just the beginning... I was surprised that you made Arceus The One(or at least used his/her/its appearance). Everything that has happened up until now...has been amazing. I'm not a fan of open-endings, but I think that this time, it fits(even if it is the worst open-ending I've ever read...in a good way). There's still one more chapter...although I'll leave that for another time.
Zero Lunar chapter 65 . 7/23/2015
... If the next chapter is the epilogue, I'm not sure what the next next chapter is(some sort of notice?). I have gotten my hopes up, although I shall keep close tabs on them.
Zero Lunar chapter 64 . 7/23/2015
... So, Rayquaza succeeded...although I'm not sure how much that means. 2-3 years ago, the mind games that the characters continuously play would have annoyed me to the extreme, but thank goodness I've matured enough to be able to keep up with them(not entirely, but enough). I have nothing else to say this time, but I can't wait to see how things will progress from here.
Zero Lunar chapter 63 . 7/18/2015
... This is the first chapter I consider a humor chapter that I've seen in this Fanfiction in a long time. Although it was heartbreaking for all of about 6 seconds, I immediately began to love what you did to Mewtwo(don't get me wrong, I still want the old one back...but the current one is hilarious in this particular situation). I'm not sure if Rayquaza will succeed, fail, or if something will screw the whole trial over...but I guess that's what chapter 64 is for.
Zero Lunar chapter 62 . 7/17/2015
... It took me a while to read this chapter. While I do believe that describing things is important fur imagery, I shall admit that it tested my patience this chapter. I'm amazed at how you can seem to remember what I consider "side" characters(such as Absol) so well. There are several characters I was almost certain would just fall off the infinite plane that is existence(or beyond since I'm not even sure that is enough in this story), but you've kept up with them quite nicely. I'm wondering if all the God-like characters just act surprised, because I remember several times when they've "been surprised", then just thought "all according to plan", or is it that the end result was according to plan, and the way it was carried out a surprise? I am also wondering what's going to happen to all of the characters that have died(or, you know, have had their souls been corrupted to insane proportions like Dark Latios). I'm guessing that at least some of my questions shall be answered within the next 5 chapters(meaning all since then but being answered is actually an answer itself).
Zero Lunar chapter 61 . 7/9/2015
... This chapter really did a number on my brain...but I eventually got a hold of it. I'm actually a bit impressed that you can kill off all these "main" characters so nonchalantly. I'm still not sure what to think of Deoxys being some being that infinitely stronger than infinitely strong brings...but oh well. Both the Unknown and Deoxys are getting on my nerves(at least more noticeably), and I don't think that any plot-twist I'm sure I'll probably see will make me look upon them to differently.
Zero Lunar chapter 60 . 7/9/2015
... Still 7 chapters left...makes me wonder who met their end. I do have things to say about May...but instead I'll say things about Dark Latios. Despite all the deaths this chapter(which really wasn't a lot I guess), I was filled with happy thoughts. Just the idea of Dark Latios losing his cool for even a millisecond seems like an amazing victory to me. I am curious as to how these next 7 chapters will go(more death and destruction, or a sort of victory celebration?), but I guess I'll have to wait and find out(even though the chapters are already posted, it's hard finding 2-3 hours to read a chapter without getting interrupted multiple times).
1,211 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »