Reviews for A Ninja's Life For Me
Sailor Pandabear chapter 1 . 11/10/2011
nice, sad and yet somehow holds a small bit of optimism.
Eonblue chapter 1 . 5/28/2011
That was just...

calico.snails chapter 1 . 1/17/2011
I thoroughly enjoyed your thoughtful and concise prose and stark characterization. It's nice to read a story where Shikamaru is actually in character - that is, where all his characteristics are fully expressed in an understated manner - instead of being portrayed as overly lazy or analytical.

Shikamaru's thoughts on killing and justice and morality were all very elegant and unhindered. I love when writers don't try to complicate a character's thoughts with unnecessary and often slovenly, trite metaphors.

Coco-Minu chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
The end was brilliantly hilarious.
Jenny chapter 1 . 9/21/2007
haha cute & it was ShikaIno! awesome :)
ToCOrNot 77 chapter 1 . 5/18/2006
that was really good! good job! loved it! :)
wellduh chapter 1 . 12/19/2005
..well. Damn.

Hang on. I...

Ah, what the hell. If I say anything, it won't be coherent. I'll come back another time and review or email or whatever... suffice to say, it was good. I'm vastly understating that, but right now I'm in a confused state of mind and really can't elaborate. I apologize.
Mistress DragonFlame chapter 1 . 8/3/2005
I have that song, you know. I quite like it.
Aryanne chapter 1 . 6/10/2005
I always wondered how the adult ninjas didn't seem guilty when they killed. I mean, take the first example the manga gives you with Kakashi and Zabuza and Haku. No remorse. You couldn't exactly call it self defense. The life of a ninja isn't all sunny unless someone dies or gets wounded. I mean, just imagine if 'Naruto' was set in present day Japan. I know that a school that trains kids to kill would be a huge political scandal. So I'm glad you wrote about the moral issues the ninjas in 'Naruto' must face.
Nezuko chapter 1 . 3/28/2005
A fitting analogy - pirates and ninja. And a well written exploration of the meaning and toll the work takes on those who do it.
Rashaka chapter 1 . 1/2/2005
Oh, I cannot say how much this story has my love.

If ever there were a song for Shikamaru's ninja angst, you have found it.

Although there were many aspects of this fic I loved, I'm going to say that I particluarly liked your angle of Shikamaru's reaction to joining the ANBU, and everyone else's as well, including Naruto.
The Prime Minister chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
Clever fic. I constantly wonder what goes through the characters' minds. Killing another person seems like such a terrible thing to teach children, but there it is. I like the way that your story focuses on that, but doesn't beat it to death, instead examining it from different angles. I'm not sure that Shikamaru would have been sliced to easily, for he probably has pretty good reflexes, but it served the purposes of your story and I'm not complaining. I really enjoyed the fic.
AnimeFreakPerson chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Heh. This is so cool! The song fits the story well, too. I'd never thought of the "Yo ho" song. Great job!
mariel4000 chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
haha Ah Shika... ahhahahahaha
SnoOza chapter 1 . 9/12/2004
Oh, wow, brilliant fic. You delved into Shikamaru's thoughts deeply and realistically, and I liked the somewhat whimsical way the first part of the fic was carried out, with the switching between past and present, thoughts and action. Not to mention, that was some serious analysis on the job of an anbu. Very well done. :)