Reviews for A Tale
Anon chapter 1 . 1/18/2014
I think that she must love him sometimes. Love freely given usually gets a response of love and it is almost impossible not care at least intermittedly for someone who cares for you.
EmEx chapter 1 . 4/22/2007
Depressingly beautiful...
Jenn - formerly known as Guest chapter 1 . 11/6/2005
i always felt that way, too... that Eowyn must have fallen in love w/ Faramir slowly, yet surely, but over a considerable period of time.

and it's lovely, as always :-)
Arahiril chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
This is a great take on E/F... though I think it brings up more questions than it answers. Which really isn't necessarily a bad thing - this fic is very thought-provoking. It's, in some ways, a much more realistic portrayal of F/E relationship, and I do like the new angle. Though it kind of makes me sad. I mean - after all - ... *trails off*... well anyway, it's well written. Though it seems to be a one-shot, I think a little more couldn't hurt here. I doubt Faramir would be so ignorant as to not know of Eowyn's conflicting feelings on their relationship, so you might consider just tagging on his POV. Or you might expound more on Eowyn's. Whatever you choose to write or not write, it's really great, thanks so much for sharing!
Circini chapter 1 . 9/14/2004
i like this story a lot but i'm like gypsie rose - a little unclear as to eowyn's true feelings now. i understand that she did not love him when she married him but seems to have grown to love him over time. yes? or is it that she loves him, but was never (and still is not) in love with him?
Gypsie Rose chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
So...we know when she didn't love him, but does she love him now, or not? And if so, when did it start? Forgive me if I'm being thick. _;;

-Rose
Good Queen Vold chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
Wow, that was beautiful. I wish I could write with emotion. Please continue, or is this just a one-shot? Thank you very much for feeding my Faramir/Eowyn obsession! **chomp**
clairon chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
Very nicely written.

I can relate to Eowyn's feelings - sometimes the best partners aren't those that blow us away with passion but start as friends and the closeness grows into something longer lasting than simple lust. Evolution brings stronger results than revolution! I hope that is the case with E and F.
shie1dmaidenofrohan chapter 1 . 9/13/2004
Yeah, I could see that... it's sad though. I feel bad for Faramir. Eowyn too, because I like to think that they were happy together (and in my mind they are). Though I'm wondering, based on this... "I will not speak of a time when husband meant friend more then love"... if maybe she's genuinely starting to love him? Is there going to be any more of this?

And yeah, I've noticed there haven't been many new E/F stories lately too! I'm working on one, but RL is keeping me from updating. :P