Reviews for Heart With No Companion
Okay, so I like to think that it takes a lot to make me cry and this only proves it. I honestly can't remember the last time I cried like this. I never thought fanfiction would be able to move me like this. I can't help it, it's just so tragic. I really expected the last chapter to be a happy ending, but I can't say I'm disappointed that it wasn't. I wasn't even the tiniest bit suspicious when I read the end of chapter 19. Sure, it was little bit rushed but lots of stories are like that. And then...
So, so sad. He spent two years with her, talking to her and trying to help her and then this happens. I wonder if they knew it wasn't 'real'? And poor Harry, I feel so sorry for him. Jesus, I'm so emotional right now, worse than Nettie, who I adore by the way. I stupidly listened to 'storybook love' after finishing reading this (although it was a struggle trying to see and type through the Niagara falls coming from my eyes) which sooo didn't help. I feel like this review doesn't fully explain how I feel, but you guys get it, don't you? Anyway... Thanks for writing this story and making me an emotional and slightly disgusting crying mess. I will remember this story for a long time...
Deep in the Night chapter 20 . 11/26
I reviewed on Ashwinder, but I don't care! I'm reviewing on here to 'cause repetitiveness be damned! This really got to me. (And yes, I am still on the verge of reenacting the Great Flood. Water's up to my ankles now. Shouldn't be much longer at the rate I'm going. I'm not even a crier for Pete's sake!)

"Third paragraph and I knew. That's when the tears started. I actually had to leave the living room and go to my bedroom so that I wouldn't cause a scene. I think my Dad thought I was laughing. I was most certainly not.
I didn't stop crying until I started writing this review, but something tells me that the respite won't last for long...
I just wanted to say that I love this story. It's the perfect tragedy. And, as much as I'd rather pretend this ending wasn't real, I can't.
I read all those hints. I saw them and I had that dreaded inkling of what was going to happen, but I didn't want to believe it. But now... (Oh damn, I'm crying again. Thank heavens for tissues. I'm such a snotty crier.)
I knew deep down where this was headed and even the 19th chapter blatantly say that the happy ending isn't... It real for Severus and Hermione, but not for everyone else...
I can't deny the truth when it's blatantly in front of me. I'm probably being silly for taking this so seriously, but damn it all, it really strikes a cord in me.
"Heart with No Companion" with live with me for the rest of my days. I know for a fact that I'll get that teary feeling every time I see the words 'heart' and 'companion' together. So, thank you for writing such a... Memorable story."

All is NOT well.
Stephanie MRV chapter 20 . 10/30
It's 5:13 in the ,original and I have finally finished reading I am so emotional right now. I hate it. I can't stop bloody crying. I hate you and love you so much right now. THIS is a realistic,painful , raw, real, loving, depressing, joyful ending that I can't know for sure how I am taking the epilogue. I am happy that at least in some sense they are happy.
AnotherSentimentalFool chapter 20 . 10/3
Thank you for this achingly beautiful story.
vickety chapter 20 . 9/24
Thanks. This was brilliant.
Noppoh chapter 20 . 9/20
There are no words that can describe your story. It is a masterpiece. The ending had me staring into empty space, in shocked silence, for multiple minutes. In all honesty and simplicity: Thank you.
MariposaHTx chapter 20 . 8/21
This was one of the first fan fics I ever read, and it showed me that fan fiction could be beautifully written and even better than a lot of published works. I've read at least a hundred fics since and this story remains my top favorite. Thank you for this unique story. The feelings it generated have stayed with me and the story has stood out amongst all the other stories I've read.
Everne chapter 20 . 8/11
What the shit just happened to my heart?
Scintilla of Myself chapter 20 . 6/28
Awesome ending! I'm so glad you posted the epilogue, cuz I was really confused in the 19th chapter as to how they returned to the world of the living...
And nice foreshadowing, I honestly didn't pay attention to all the times Nettie talked about "tragic romance" and the like, and I was confused as to why she was speaking in first person, but now it all makes sense v
I'm kinda sad too that they didn't actually return, but I'm more sad for Harry than for Hermione or Severus. They don't have to deal with the pain and the loss.
Thank you for sharing your Opa's story and for writing this fanfic :)
Alexandra chapter 20 . 4/18
Hard to find words, really. This is...this is so very sad and so utterly beautiful. Yes, I've been expecting ending like this. I'm crying terribly and I will for a while now.
I read really lot of books, then few years ago I started to read HP fanfiction and as it is very addictive, I've read fanfiction until now. But I must say, this - this is one of the best things I've ever read and it surely is the best fanfiction I've ever read. I always, for some reason, liked pairing of Hermione and Severus, but it is mostly all the same. I very much enjoyed your absolutly own amazing story, so different than those of anothers. Nettie is now one of my most favourite story characters in general. Why don't you write your own book? Or have you already? If not, you totaly should.
I struggle for some time with decision to stop reading fanfiction, because it takes lot of time, which I now need more than ever. And so right now I decided, that this was my last fanfiction to read for a long time (ever, maybe? - oh but no, somewhere in the future I want to read more from you). This story will be crown for my memories of fanfiction, so thank you very much for writing this and for allowing us, mortals, to read it :).
m2r2a chapter 20 . 4/15
I dont know if i should cry or smile... I guess both. LOVED IT! LOVED YOUR STORY! Even with the bittersweet ending. It was beautifuuul! *Sobbing*
jlove34 chapter 20 . 3/9
I loved this story so much, (even though the previous chapter felt rushed, it still felt right to me) but the epilogue kinda ruined the vibe. It was extremely well written though, so don't take this as a flame 'cause it's not at all—I just wanted to leave some feedback. So strictly becuase I want these two to have a HEA *sap*, I'm going to pretend that chapter twenty never happened and that all three of them all got out of Hermione's mind together. I don't always have to have a happy ending in a story (in fact I've read quite a few that didn't) but this little Fic particularly I thought, for Severus' sake, needed one badly. My opinion, of course. The man had a tragic life, he deserved . . . something more than just inside their heads. Or at least, if they had to succumb to the curse, let them die when they broke the connection so they could move beyond the veil together. So sappy. Haha thanks for sharing.
Ragityannie chapter 20 . 3/3
This story was fucking beautiful, holyshit.

I really enjoyed the ending, it was perfect l! You are fantastic. I'm sorry about the loss of your grandparents. My gran papa misses my nana alot and i think he talks alot less now because he daydreams of her so much and finds it hard to look at his family whom he created with her. I know its not the same but I think long loves are beautiful.
Martionmanswife chapter 7 . 2/28
this is wonderful. You made me cry. Welcome to "the List"... seems my favorite list is becoming legendary... as it is LONG and varied.
Sarah chapter 20 . 2/14
Good lord. I don't know if I hate you or love you, but I am definitely crying. Beautiful story.
1,892 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »