Reviews for Eldritch Asylum
Arkado chapter 9 . 10/10/2010
I strongly disagree with tatewaki's review of chapter 9.

Aside from the Alucard part in the former chapters, which seemed to come out of the left field and was a bit over the top for my tastes, the rest of the story is still quite enjoyable. Depending on the authors intention to follow up the Alucard part later or not, it might even become a highly interesting part and a main focus with the obvious shadow affinities Alucard and Ranma's 'newest female interest' have. Although I fear for certain snakelike Dark Lords if they are careless and get in the way.

As for the darkness, myth and gloom, it still works for quite well even in the latest chapters. Sure, the overall tone has changed from the sugary sweetness of the granger family live, which I kinda regret, but a story has to move on.

Even more, I do like the Hogwarts scene and dialogues, showing us some interesting 'new' aspects and power play between the kiddiees.

It's so cute, it brings big crocodile tears to my eyes.

So basiscally, I like the story, a lot, and hope it gets continued... sometime :P

Good luck to our esteemed authors.
vodkaCanidae chapter 9 . 10/9/2010
Love this! Its really well written, with believably good OCs and thickening plot. I love how the story flows. Its nice that its not always centered around the main character, there are breaks in between to fill in the gaps from which the protagonist cannot experience. Good blend of darkness, angst, gore, violence, action, mysteery, emotions and fun. Ranma is the 'perfect' sister for Hermoine, like yin to yang. Good job there too. And Ranma fits into Slytherin easily, being highly ambitious. It's a really great read, and I can't express my feeling well enough in this review, but it's really excellent and I thank you both very much for producing this magnificent work.
Ancalador chapter 9 . 10/3/2010
Very much enjoyed the story, although it doesn't look like it's still running. Hope that you plan on continuing, so I'll subscribe anyway.

Thank you and keep up the good work.
Untamed of Wildwind chapter 9 . 10/1/2010
Interesting... and strange... story. Will there be more of it?
god of all chapter 9 . 7/10/2010
Great chapter and story so fair pleases continue this story soon.
MebsTheFiend chapter 9 . 7/2/2010
Aaaaah! Where's the rest of it?

Please continue this, it's really good!
tatewaki2000 chapter 9 . 5/3/2010
...Okay...

I think someone, a close friend perhaps, is typing this for you.

The story's ingenuity has fallen dramatically.
The dialog is dull.
And the angst? the supposed supernatural? is so corny that I have to pinch myself, to see if I was hallucinating.

One huge perk of this story was the believability-factor. It was actually really believable. Until...the later chapters.

Seriously, making Ranma more conflicted does not make the story interesting.

It's as if you're reading this Review at this very moment
and I know an orphan that lost her legs from falling on a colony of maggots, that are currently oozing from her eye sockets.
See.

That random? dark? encounter, description didn't help. And please...repeating one ominous word several times is not dark or ominous. Its repetitive and irritating. So Beware.

Beware.

I close my eyes, and hear the...

Beware.

Hahahahha. I like writing reviews.

But seriously. Flesh out the scene! And please put more of a focus to your Protagonist, rather than these choppy flashes to other characters.

If you are the same writer of this story. Then I know you have enough talent to blow everyone away. You are gifted like that.

signed,
an average reader
tatewaki2000 chapter 8 . 5/3/2010

Freeverse comes to mind, when I read this.

It's rushed. It's messy. But...the story is continuing.

Speed and Quantity vs Quality

But still... I shall trudge on.

tatewaki2000 chapter 7 . 5/3/2010
You're charging for reviews. Gasp!

But anyways. Quality has dipped.
But still fantastic.

I mean. There is a less consistent tone, compared to the earlier chapters compared, to now.

It just popped out of nowhere. lol.

But still. A fun. And interestingt chapter. :)

The non-Ranma scenes are less fun...and I'm guilty for briefly glancing through them...before finding a Ranma scene.

But yeah. Your OC's are just not as good as your previous chapter ones. ):

Dang you Monopoly!

But still. I'm just happy and content that you haven't quit on this fic.

tatewaki2000 chapter 2 . 5/3/2010
Oh the detail. The beautiful scenery.

Oh. Oh. OH!

Fantastic. I really should get back to my work...
...but you've pulled me so far in, that I can't seem to find the door.

tatewaki2000 chapter 1 . 5/3/2010
Go Fish and Monopoly, booyah! Hardcore!

Hahahahaha!

But seriously. Fantastic writing. Fantastic!

I especially love the dialog, and your stories writing structure.
So smooth. :)
Orchamus chapter 9 . 4/24/2010
Interesting, that she would be a Slytherin. Hopefully, Ranma doesn't eventually give up being a girl when she finds out that she was originally a boy, being more comfortable as a girl by that time. And I dearly hope the Dark Holy Mother does not depart, for she is FAR too interesting.
Orchamus chapter 7 . 4/24/2010
Wasn't expecting Alucard. That part where she got a misdemeanor charge was kinda crappy, but the fight in the vamp club was bloody awesome.
Orchamus chapter 5 . 4/24/2010
Poor poor Harry Potter. I loved when Ran-chan crushed the magic testing ball. Rofl, it broke, going past Dumbledore.
Orchamus chapter 4 . 4/24/2010
Beautifully done. A wealth of emotion.
833 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 15 .. Last Next »