Reviews for Nightmares
lucidity chapter 4 . 2/17/2006
Poor Aragorn. His nightmare had everything, his fear that he was not the true king, his concern over Eowyn being in love with him and his concern over the health of Faramir.

Very enjoyable, for torment, I mean.

So...where's the chapter for Faramir? LOL!
lucidity chapter 3 . 2/17/2006
Yikes, she almost killed Faramir-that's-that's unforgivable!

This was very sad, yet believable.

Does Faramir not rate his own chapter? If you're doing movie-verse stories his travails are the most chilling of all.
lucidity chapter 2 . 2/17/2006
That was wonderfully scary! Boromir could very well have done those things, had the situation been different.

Chilling, yet wonderful!
lucidity chapter 1 . 2/17/2006
If poor Sam lost his appetite things were serious.

That was beautiful. I loved the peek into Sam's idyllic life that was really not what it seemed.

The nightmare about pushing Frodo was chilling!
Rosie26 chapter 4 . 1/4/2005
I like the way Aragorn is portrayed as a normal man with normal fears and doubts. That you can convey this in a language that isn't your own is amazing.
Raksha The Demon chapter 4 . 1/3/2005
A neat idea, telling a story within the framework of various characters' nightmares and their reactions to the dreams. I find myself looking forward to how you will handle Faramir's nightmare...

Good attention paid to Aragorn's rather difficult position - he is always expected to come through against crushing odds, and be able to practically everything at any time, no matter that he is mortal, and, after the initial healing of Eowyn and Faramir and many others, is probably completely exhausted.

Minor quibble - at the end of this chapter, Aragorn tells Faramir "Rest, my dear friend...". At that point in the story, both in the book and movie, Aragorn and Faramir don't know each other that well or at least are not at a point in their relationship when Aragorn will call Faramir his "dear friend". I personally think they will become close friends as time goes on, but at this point Aragorn should only admire Faramir and perhaps want to become his friend, rather than being familiar enough with him to think of Faramir as his friend.
lindahoyland chapter 4 . 12/21/2004
This is excellent and we badly needed to see Faramir's healing in the EE or ""Oh, come on, King Elessar", the woman answered emphasizing his name sardonically, "you know as well as I do that this is a legend: Kingsfoil in the hand of a king healing all wounds and even the hopeless illnesses. Do you really think that an old sword makes you a real King and gives you the ability to do magic? Tell me, what else have you done for the last months than the only thing you are really good at - taking lives, not saving them."

seems all too likely to be true in Pj's version !

I just love your portrayal of Aragorn and think this is the nightmare he might have had.
quillon chapter 3 . 10/20/2004
Nice switching of viewpoints. This chapter seems very true to character of both Eowyn and Faramir, and I think you did an excellent job of showing just how helpless both of them feel. Looking forward to your next nightmare! :)
lindahoyland chapter 3 . 10/17/2004
Poor Eowyn.I can just imagine she would feel like this.
Rosie26 chapter 3 . 10/17/2004
This is the best one yet lhaewin. There is so much scope for Grima & Eowyn stories, and even more for a menage a trois involving Faramir as well. I can imagine that Eowyn would have nightmares about Grima - had things gone differently she might not have been unable to defend herself against him, tho knowing Eowyn she'd have had a darn good try. I can really visualise this. Poor Faramir...so many people dreaming of killing him!
princessfaz chapter 2 . 10/11/2004
Very good so far! Boromir is so evil! Is everyone going to have a nightmare? Even Faramir?
Boromir chapter 2 . 10/6/2004
Great so far keep going! Is Aragorn going to have a nightmare?
lindahoyland chapter 2 . 10/5/2004
This was excellent, I was truly chilled by it as it was all so 's nightmare was very convincing too. I look forward to more and have added you to my alerts.
Rosie26 chapter 2 . 10/5/2004
It wasn't me. It was the Ring..it made me do it.

What a pity Boromir didn't take notice! Very thought provoking and emotive. Scary stuff. I can imagine it all though. Very well done.
quillon chapter 2 . 10/5/2004
Very creepy and somewhat portentous, this nightmare. Good thing Boromir came (somewhat) to his senses before this came true.

You should not be afraid to let these characters do what they need to do to get your story across to your reader. Obviously, as this is a dream, anything goes, and I think that having Boromir kill people in it shows just how evil the Ring truly is.

Writing is (for me at least) the best way to freely express yourself as no one can change anything about it without your permission. Don't worry about what your reviewers might say about your story. As long as you write what makes YOU satisfied and happy, then it will be good. :)

Looking forward to chapter 3 :)