Reviews for To whom this may concern
Ara C chapter 1 . 8/5
I enjoy the premise of this fic immensely. It's a refreshing twist on the genre of Harry rescue stories, in both its format and the identity of the initiator. It's obvious that you feel deeply about the subject, and it shows, which makes this piece rather touching and heartfelt in its genuity.
However, this is also a double-edged sword, as your narrative lends Dudley a depth of emotional sensitivity he does not possess. This may be mitigated by making Dudley sound less erudite in his letter and cutting down on the usage of stream of consciousness — he is not introspective a character enough to use first person POV in this manner without being OOC. But on the other hand, it would also take away a lot of the emotional punch, which I'd say is the greatest strength in this piece of writing.
It makes for quite a dilemma, since the creativity of your premise hinges on a character that is very difficult to weave into his role without compromising characterization to some extent. But it can be done. "Hero" is another example of Dudley rescue fics, and while I wouldn't say that it's 100% IC, the build-up done in the story makes it much more convincing. If you haven't read it yet, it's definitely worth a look.
Sorry for the long review. Hope to see more fics from you :)
auralupe chapter 1 . 8/6/2015
:) :) :) :)
AmericanMuggleborn chapter 1 . 6/28/2015
Harry is in a very bad state. If the wizards don't come perhaps he won't make it to September first.
Theblackbook chapter 1 . 7/16/2013
It was good!
MuggleCreator chapter 1 . 6/29/2013
Wow. Intense!
RemySevvyFan chapter 1 . 2/19/2012
Wow...I'm speechless...

You're a great writer!

I wish I had at least half of your talent, I'd love to write stories of my own but they sound like a four years old child made them.
soratanaka chapter 1 . 3/27/2011
Wow, nice written.
Bloodgalore chapter 1 . 4/22/2010
Oh that was so touching. I liked the whole italics and normal font thing. Dudley's thoughts and then the letter. You're a really good writer.
somethingborrowed3 chapter 1 . 12/31/2009
Wow, Dudley never struck me as being so sensitive, but this story is really well written. *Sigh* Wow...
chuffed4angst chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
that was a really lovely story. I especially liked how Dudley realized the parallels between he and his friends and Voldemort and his Death Eaters.
Cat Feral chapter 1 . 5/2/2009
This is a really touching - in fact gripping - ficlet! The only criticism I would have is that the letter is much more articulate that I can picture Dudley being. The thoughts are fine, but Canon Dudley wouldn't be able to put those thoughts into words nearly so well.

Other than that - you rock!
Namiko-kii chapter 1 . 4/18/2009
Great story!

Nice(r) Dudley is always awesome.

So yeah... It's good.
anaticulapraecantrix chapter 1 . 10/12/2008
Interesting fic still after four years since you wrote it.

It's nice to see Dudley in a different light, one that was slightly more alluded to during the Deathly Hallows.
Aqua Mage chapter 1 . 10/10/2008
Very nice. I like the switching between Dudley's thoughts and words. Poor Harry.
Antosha Chekhonte chapter 1 . 7/11/2008
Very angsty, but insightful as far as Dudley goes. It works well in both the letter/introspection format.