Reviews for A Sea of Troubles
forTheLoveOfHades chapter 39 . 2/1/2013
this is my favorite in the series! awesome
Seleia chapter 39 . 12/16/2011
Hello! I don't know if anyone has mentioned this, but I thought I'd let you know anyway that while re-reading this story I noticed the bottom part of a paragraph was missing, or probably just the last part of the sentence. An glitch maybe?

If Aragorn hadn't still been recovering – and not too well at that – at least one of the twins would have said something highly sarcastic or scathing. Things being as they were, however, the two dark-haired elves merely glared at their human brother in a way that very cl

"I can't possibly imagine," Elrohir said, deadpan.

I've also started to re-read Visions of Betrayal from the beginning. The latest chapter, chapter 29, was a real treat though, received the email update that a new chapter was posted on the day of my sister's birthday! 11-11-11 :) I can't wait to see how Legolas will react when he sees Celylith, I'm sure it'd be a very...happy reunion :}

Will there be any chance of receiving chapter 30 as a Christmas/New Years present? lol Well, I won't get my hopes up, but I do wish you a happy Christmas and New Years.

Oh, I almost forgot. I've always wanted to know: When do you think an elf reaches majority? You've mentioned it a couple of times in your stories so I've been curious. I tried doing some research, but I get mixed answers...some say an elf reaches majority at about 100 years, others say around 500 years. What do you think?

dr3 chapter 39 . 11/21/2011
Dear Nili, thank you once again for a wonderful story so full of adventure and angst. You bring our friends to life :p
dr3 chapter 21 . 11/19/2011
no one can be tortured so many times & (and in so many stories] remain sane.
Elf of Eryn Lasgalen chapter 39 . 11/17/2011
Aaaaaaaand its over. For me, that is. It was over for you years ago.

I would be sad it's over, but there's that new story/sequel waiting for me to dive right in. And besides, they're alive and home!

I'd go on for longer, but it's my darling mother's birthday and we're having the cake (actually, it's apple crumble). I have already spent far too long reading your admittedly addictive story. So I'll 'talk' to you sometime in the near future. Bye, and thanks for some awesome pieces of writing!

Elf of Eryn Lasgalen chapter 38 . 11/17/2011
Yay! Everyone's alive and Gasur is dead! Everyone's alive except Torel, that is.. *glares blackly at Nili and waves blunt spoon about* I loved that line, by the way!

Now, onto the end!

Elf of Eryn Lasgalen chapter 36 . 11/17/2011
AHHHH! Archers going to kill Legolas! (And, of course, the rest of the elves...) NOOOOO! Go save them, Elladan and Celylith!

I really, really like those elves now, Nili. And they're all DE-E-EAD, with arrows sticking out of them! WAAAAAH! Except for Ferdhol. He's only half-dead. And-

Legolas is up! Stupid Legolas! You're going to get KILLED! Oooooh, that Fosul is a pig. Kill him! Save Legolas and Ferdhol, elves-breaking-through!

YESSSS, go Celylith! DOWN WITH FOSUL! Stay awake and alive, Legolas! (Actually, I think it's a little unrealistic he can get up- he has a stinkin'sword/knife/dagger/whatever STICKING OUT OF HIS GUT- die, Gasur!- but then again, he's an elf. Oh, well...)

Wow. Legolas has perfect aim, even when he's mortally wounded. Yikes. 'This one was incredibly annoying, and just when you thought that he was beaten, he found a way to do something else that foiled your plans.' Woo-hoo! Go, Legolas!

Ack! Legolas! Don't you DARE die!

Oh. Ferdhol DID die? I must have missed that... strange. You shouldn't have done that, Nili, I liked him! You're killing way too many people! (Did you know, I hate killing my (good) characters that I've named?)

Oh, back to Glorfindel. I wanna know what happens to Legolas! Ah, well. Hopefully Glorfindel will kill a few people in need of payback.

Like Salir! I don't really care about him, but he's a bad guy, so KILL HIM GLORFINDEL!

Hmph. Not quite as slow and painful as I would've hoped, but good enough. GASUR IS DEAD! *dances around the room in joy and recieves strange looks from siblings*

Hold on. What about Acalith? She's not going to appear and kill people, is she?

Oh. Elrond's going to go do something to her. Hopefully kill. Then again, maybe she'll jump out the window... :)

Family reunion! Now off to save Legolas from dying!

Oh, Aragorn again. I really want to get back to my favourite elf- who is currently DYING- Nili.

YOU KILLED TOREL! He was far from being my favourite character, what with all these elves, but NILI! HOW COULD YOU?

And that's the end of the chapter. Whew, that was a long review/ rather-annoying-for-you commentary. Sorry! I think I'm a little hyped to be back reading- my mother told me to GO TO BED ALREADY when she found me still reading after midnight. Mothers... :)

Elf of Eryn Lasgalen chapter 35 . 11/17/2011
Alright! Retribution! *punches air* (although I would very much like to punch Gasor...)

The beginnings of retribution, anyway. I don't think I should be glad Elrohir's killed someone, but I am. Actually, the 'getting revenge and killing everyone' is kind of iffy, but considering I really want them dead I'll ignore my consience. :)

And Estel's back! Truth be told I forgot about him... but don't tell him I said that!

Elf of Eryn Lasgalen chapter 34 . 11/17/2011
*sigh* Nili, you're amazin' and all that, but your story has now indirectly chewed all my fingernails off. Its a bad habit of mine, which I should really break, but anyway...

I love, love, LOVE how you depict Glorfindel's and Erestor's relationship. (Along with Aragorn and Legolas, Isal and Elvynd, Elladan and Elrohir, etc. etc...) It's cool!

Cool, you understand, being the highest form of praise a teenager like me can give. *snort*

I'll have to cut it short, as I must find out what happens. What can I say? I'm hooked!

Elf :D
Elf of Eryn Lasgalen chapter 33 . 11/17/2011

NILI! You can't DO this to Legolas! That Gasur! You evil, EVIL person!

Naturally, I mean that in the nicest possible way. I like you, so let's blame it all on Gasur, shall we? ;)

A rather traumatized and angry

Elf :/
Elf of Eryn Lasgalen chapter 32 . 11/17/2011
I was going to read your latest story, but I got caught up in this one instead... anyway, here goes another review!

I have been mentally screaming through all these chapters, and I am so glad I've found you now, not earlier- otherwise I'd have to wait a week or so for you to update. :) I was desperately hoping Legolas wouldn't faint throughout this one, but I think I would have preffered having Legolas faint and them NOT meet Gasur. Although now (hopefully) they'll slay him- slowly and painfully. No one can quite get me to thoroughly HATE characters quite like you can- I don't know whether that's a good thing or not...

Legolas: In HIS case, most definitely a good thing.

I'm inclined to agree. Imagine LIKING Gasur! *runs off howling at the thought* He's utterly corrupt and insane and stupid and terrible and horrid and all other negative adjectives.

Gwedhiel chapter 39 . 8/20/2011
I absolutely loved this story. I loved reading long stories, but i always place high expectations on them (usually resulting in me backing out of a lot of the stories) but you met every one of them. Erestor is one of my favorite characters, which is one of the reasons i was attracted to your story. And i liked how you defined the relationship between Glorfindel and Erestor. And you did the dark councilor justice, something i consider most people are unable to do (if some of the stories i read are any evidence). I loved your characterizations and how they were spot on. And i liked your technique of tying this story in with your other one by using the 'Fox'. For everything I look for in a story, this one was pretty much one of perfection - except for one thing.

It's just something i don't understand. Why was everyone so terrified of Acalith? Sure, she was intimidating and evil and possessed a dangerous aura, but why in the world were they so scared of her? I mean, i get that if someone defied her she could simply call on the guards and kill the person, but what if the guards refused? She's a woman; it's not like she could over power any man. I mean just in the last prequel to this story, you proved that ruling by fear won't work forever. Look where ruling by fear got Girion and how Cendan overthrew him with a large force of his own guards. Maybe it's the same thing, only time didn't get to fulfill what it did in Baredlen, or maybe i'm just missing something. But in all actuality, that fear of a woman was the only thing that didn't make the story seem fully real to me. It kind of made me role my eyes every time it was insinuated. I don't mean to insult you, if i am. If I missed something, please tell me what it is, that way i can go back, read it all over again and enjoy it all the more.

That said, this was an incredible story and i'll be starting your next one as soon as this review is finished. Keep writing because the talent that you possess is very hard to come by on FFN. Happy trails and happy writing! (If i really did miss something, please PM me :) )
The Awsome one chapter 35 . 7/27/2011
I thought it was the right hand that had been cruelly broken. I remember reading that in an earlier chapter ... but oh well. Great chapter. Poor Erestor.
Cranberry Knight-XIII chapter 39 . 7/18/2011
Wow. That's all I can say. This is incredible, and so very, very long! I can definately tell you pured ina lot of time and effort into this story, and it really makes the tale shine! I just absolutely love anything that has to do with LOTR, and this is one of those things. I'm writing The War of Middle Earth, which is a LOTR story, and it will also be agonizingly long, so it's nice to read stories like these!
The Awsome one chapter 2 . 6/30/2011
Can I have a copy of Glorfindel's list? Please? I think this story will be a very good one becasue it has almost all of my favorite Elves in it. Knowing the twins, Legolas and Aragorn there will be come torture in this and i love it when our heroes are hurt and in pain.
1,277 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »