Reviews for Monochrome
Magentian chapter 1 . 7/26/2008
My God... that was beautiful. It's far too early for me to be thinking too deeply into it, but still, an incredible snapshot. I've always loved Makoto Isshiki's character, and you bring it out so well here - each line hisses with some kind of validity, down to the smallest details. And the rhythm and imagery of the piece are fabulous. No sentence is ill-placed. This is the kind of oneshot that one dreams of finding, and I'm so glad I've found this one. :D

I may place another review when I'm a little more coherent, but thank you so much for writing this. I enjoyed it very much. Incredible job.
Happy Pappy chapter 1 . 11/27/2005
Very good. Ypu certaintly did capture the feel of RahXephon and you did a very good job doing this from Makoto's perspective. I've never been too fond of the guy, for obvious reasons, but was intrigued by his character.

Overall, beautifully short little fic.
vegiegurl chapter 1 . 10/9/2005
Wow. I just had to add this "Short, Sweet and to the Point." It's truly beautiful, and it belongs in a C2 archive for beautiful one-shots. Again, wow. This is beautiful. _
Verdot chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Another beautiful RahXephon interlude...

This is some quality work, especially with the Makoto perspective...a character I've always wanted to know more about.

It's good to see Itsuki again, I understand that the three "children" are invariably linked, but I do like to see their interactions the best.

I enjoy your style, it's so detailed, very much an imagist (I refer to a type of poetry from the 20's and 30's) type of perspective. The interruptions of the clock especially were a nice touch.

I think I've babbled long enough. Good work.