Reviews for What Child Is This?
little red after the wolf chapter 1 . 5/15
This is so well characterized, wow, I'm amazed. I love how you didn't just make Frex an asshole, him actually caring about Elphaba is always refreshing and you made it both hilarious (what with the dandelion and bleating and Pagan fairy tale and the grass eating) and very sad because of the way he ends up forgetting about her the second people arrive home. It was realistic and heartbreaking once the humor was done with. Also, Elphaba's attempt to eat grass was adorable. Bravo.
dreamer 3097 chapter 1 . 9/4/2011
this is good
witch-of-the-west9482 chapter 1 . 8/6/2009
I really enjoyed this! The writing was flawless and flowing and the story was great as well.

I felt really horrible for Little Elphaba at the end!

Great story! :)
charmed1s-halliwells chapter 1 . 10/14/2006
This is cute. Poor lil Elphaba...i loved reading this.
KelpayLuv chapter 1 . 6/20/2006
please continue!
EverTheDreamer chapter 1 . 5/5/2006
Aw! Poor Elphie! Always forgotten... Damn Frex...

xoxo, lyss
Nicole chapter 1 . 4/21/2006
[blink] Wow. I haven't actually read the book, but I love this story. Baby Elphaba is adorable and tragic all at once. You write amazingly.

Nic
Contrarian chapter 1 . 3/9/2005
Oh...that's rather bleak. But it had its funny moments, and it's extremely well-written. An interesting look into Frex's mind. It's just astounding how well you kept everyone in character. I'm really impressed! This'll go on my favorites too - it's great how you write serious stories just as well as you write parodies. *wink*
RoxanneHartman chapter 1 . 1/16/2005
Oh, good job. I felt pained for poor little Elphaba. There aren't enough good Frex Fics, so I'm glad to read this one.

-rachel
idinakristinfan chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
i love it!
chelsea-Evans chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
Wonderful. Amazingly wonderful. Frex is trying so hard, but then when there is another child... well there's where the favoritism comes in. Nanny was great, and it was just a magnificent story!

BTW, I loved how she was eating grass, just because of the "No I didn't eat grass as a child" line in the play.
Evelyn Heath chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
I have JUST finished that part of the book, and i just stumbled across this story. WOW, it's so great! I love it! Your writing is awesome! Flawless!
WittyFae chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Thank you all so much for your kind words!

I've noticed that a few of you have expressed interest in me continuing this story. I never like disappointing people but i'm afraid i'm going to have to stay firm in my decision that this is just a one-shot Wicked Fiction. I as a writer and even as a reader cannot see where this story could possibly go and still maintain its original intention of just capturing perhaps the ONE day Frex and Elphaba shared some sort of family bond.

Thank you for your offers and encouragement but i'm afraid that's all she wrote. And i would know as i am she!

For those of you interested I am toying with the idea of writing more stories based on Elphaba's childhood and perhaps even Nessa's so in a way you MIGHT get a bit of a continuation but we'll see.

Again thank you so much for reading and liking my work. Now i know my writing doesn't have to stay locked in the basement cause people will hate it!

-Jenelle (WittyFae)
Viva-taquitos chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
That is too sad. I totally think you should continue this story, and I, myself, would offer to beta is for you.
GentleRainsong chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
that was wonderful. beautifully done. so sad at the ending though.

oh, elphaba.

i hope to see more soon!