Reviews for This Present Darkness
Elwaith chapter 44 . 2/22
I loved Aragorn's speech in this. He's right, killing the Corsairs and mistreating the other prisoners as well as the dead would only cause more of them to hate Gondor. I wish... real life leaders of countries could read that speech.

The part about Legolas was devastating. The fact that he hasn't spoken in days? But there are still many more chapters to go. There has to be some healing by then, at least some. There has to be.
Lireth chapter 61 . 12/19/2017
Wow. Just wow. I’ve devoured this story over the past few days, and I can honestly say it’s the best LotR fanfiction I’ve ever read - perhaps the best fanfic I’ve ever read period. I’ve been reading fanfiction for the past 15 years and I search high and low for quality stories about the fandoms I love...but this story blew me away. I wish I had a printed, bound copy on my shelf - this is more than a book in its own right. The superb characterizations, the way my emotions were manipulated, the realistic way the angsty scenes were dealt with and the believable consequences of the characters’ actions...just amazing. Thank you so much for the wild ride - I couldn’t put this story down, and I want to re-read it again and again. Doubtless I will over the years.

Did you ever publish your original story? I can’t find anything about it on your bio. I would buy it in a heartbeat, if this story is anything to go off of. In any case, I wish you luck if your future endeavors, and thank you again for this wonderful work!
Envy015 chapter 61 . 6/13/2017
This fic is brilliant. Incredible. I've hardly been able to take my mind off it in the three days since I started reading.
You put together a believable and well-written LOTR story using the characters flawlessly! Valar, your Legolas and Thranduil are so perfectly in-canon! I think Legolas is Thranduil's the only son, but, well, your story, your rules :)
The input you gave about the relationship between Legolas, Aragorn and Arwen will be a new head-canon for me.
Great work, thank you!
Celridel chapter 61 . 10/8/2016
It's been twelve years since you finished this. It is undeniable that this is the best fanfic ever made. You are one of those writers that have a skill that can't be told in words. Every character is beautiful, and I dare say Tolkien would be proud.
Thank you for giving us this!
Ithurielistic chapter 38 . 7/12/2016
I'm literally rocking back and forth on the floor. Holy heck. I just- I can't- holy heck.
Ithurielistic chapter 24 . 7/12/2016
I'm screaming rn holy crap
Ithurielistic chapter 15 . 7/12/2016
I can't look away. Oh god. The beautifully written and eloquent storytelling drew me in and now there is no escape O.O

(Sweet lord I love your stories)
Ithurielistic chapter 8 . 7/12/2016
I'm getting seriously scared rn. Aragorn has gone off the deep end!
Ithurielistic chapter 4 . 7/12/2016
I'm getting really, really scared right now. The question is if I have the strength to go to the next chapter... This seems skeevy. Way too skeevy. O.O
AmpalayaJuice chapter 35 . 6/22/2016
Baby Legolas is so cute!
AmpalayaJuice chapter 25 . 6/20/2016
Wait. Wait. I was not ready for this...
AmpalayaJuice chapter 23 . 6/20/2016
I had to take a moment after this because wow. Wtf, Aragorn.
G. Locket chapter 61 . 5/17/2016
Wow... What a ride... I marathoned this story in one day, and I am truly, truly mind-blown.

It has been almost seven years since it was completed, but yes, people are still reading your story. It is thrilling, disturbing, but also beautiful. The intricate natures of love, friendship, power, and lust were masterfully portrayed, and the characters' thoughts, emotions, and motives skillfully developed.

I cannot say that I enjoyed reading this story (although there are parts that made me smile). Its themes are too dark, and its plot too heart-wrenching. But I do appreciate and admire, very much, the carefully crafted descriptions, and the deep meanings behind the words.

Thank you for sharing and please keep writing!
NatheRiver chapter 61 . 4/10/2016
A work of art, thanks for this great experience
Legolas's heart and soul chapter 9 . 3/14/2016
Aaaaand... Did Aragorn -or the thing he is now- ever meet Denethor? Maybe if he had, he could see his mistakes... Jeesh, of course Legolas is trustworthy! Obvoiusly, his best friend is trustworthy! And if Arwen is scared of him, when she loved him so before, it's his own fault. Yep, he's becoming Denethor, mark II.
1,991 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »