Reviews for This Present Darkness
Rookblonkorules chapter 16 . 4/11
No, no, no, no, oh crap, he's been caught.
Rookblonkorules chapter 5 . 3/27
I appreciate your warning. I've read too many fics that give no warning before launching into an explicit scene of some sort and though this wasn't explicit, I am still grateful for your warning.
"Aragorn put his head down on his arms and wept." I find myself pitying him. Whatever is going on with him, I want to see this resolved. I want to see OUR Aragorn back. Not this one, who'd hurt Arwen and honestly doubt her loyalty to him, accuse Legolas of... that. And... who knows what else by the time this story is through.
Rookblonkorules chapter 3 . 3/27
Oh... this is bad... Yeah, this is bad.
Aragorn is going to get the wrong idea and that... that will not go over well.
Rookblonkorules chapter 2 . 3/27
I love the banter between the two of them.
Rookblonkorules chapter 1 . 3/24
So... I'm going to give this story a go. I can't promise I'll stick with it, because I've skipped ahead to see the warnings and... we'll see, I guess. But I'm giving it a go.
It already seems that something is off with Aragorn. And even with that frightening realization, we do have the knowledge that Arwen is pregnant? I'd congratulate the happy couple, but... they don't seem too happy right now.
Elwaith chapter 44 . 2/22
I loved Aragorn's speech in this. He's right, killing the Corsairs and mistreating the other prisoners as well as the dead would only cause more of them to hate Gondor. I wish... real life leaders of countries could read that speech.

The part about Legolas was devastating. The fact that he hasn't spoken in days? But there are still many more chapters to go. There has to be some healing by then, at least some. There has to be.
Lireth chapter 61 . 12/19/2017
Wow. Just wow. I’ve devoured this story over the past few days, and I can honestly say it’s the best LotR fanfiction I’ve ever read - perhaps the best fanfic I’ve ever read period. I’ve been reading fanfiction for the past 15 years and I search high and low for quality stories about the fandoms I love...but this story blew me away. I wish I had a printed, bound copy on my shelf - this is more than a book in its own right. The superb characterizations, the way my emotions were manipulated, the realistic way the angsty scenes were dealt with and the believable consequences of the characters’ actions...just amazing. Thank you so much for the wild ride - I couldn’t put this story down, and I want to re-read it again and again. Doubtless I will over the years.

Did you ever publish your original story? I can’t find anything about it on your bio. I would buy it in a heartbeat, if this story is anything to go off of. In any case, I wish you luck if your future endeavors, and thank you again for this wonderful work!
Envy015 chapter 61 . 6/13/2017
This fic is brilliant. Incredible. I've hardly been able to take my mind off it in the three days since I started reading.
You put together a believable and well-written LOTR story using the characters flawlessly! Valar, your Legolas and Thranduil are so perfectly in-canon! I think Legolas is Thranduil's the only son, but, well, your story, your rules :)
The input you gave about the relationship between Legolas, Aragorn and Arwen will be a new head-canon for me.
Great work, thank you!
Celridel chapter 61 . 10/8/2016
It's been twelve years since you finished this. It is undeniable that this is the best fanfic ever made. You are one of those writers that have a skill that can't be told in words. Every character is beautiful, and I dare say Tolkien would be proud.
Thank you for giving us this!
Ithurielistic chapter 38 . 7/12/2016
I'm literally rocking back and forth on the floor. Holy heck. I just- I can't- holy heck.
Ithurielistic chapter 24 . 7/12/2016
I'm screaming rn holy crap
Ithurielistic chapter 15 . 7/12/2016
I can't look away. Oh god. The beautifully written and eloquent storytelling drew me in and now there is no escape O.O

(Sweet lord I love your stories)
Ithurielistic chapter 8 . 7/12/2016
I'm getting seriously scared rn. Aragorn has gone off the deep end!
Ithurielistic chapter 4 . 7/12/2016
I'm getting really, really scared right now. The question is if I have the strength to go to the next chapter... This seems skeevy. Way too skeevy. O.O
AmpalayaJuice chapter 35 . 6/22/2016