Reviews for A Pause Before the Storm
Sakina the Fallen Angel chapter 1 . 1/4/2006
Wow, this is well written, very IC.

Sakina x
DarkLightningEnvy chapter 1 . 1/2/2006
Yikes. That was really good. Jadis getting a chance to repent..never thought of that. Original. Characterization is well done, and the ending is a perfect one for this story.

-DarkLightningEnvy-

-Jess-
Soprano of the Labyrinth chapter 1 . 9/17/2005
I like! I've always sinpithised with the witch witch, and Aalan scares me. This is really good!
Magic-on-the-Wind chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
I like this. Aslan is in character- he'd even forgive Jadis if she'd let him. And as far as she goes, very well done. She's hard to write (or at least she looks it, I haven't tried yet) because you're never quiet sure whether she'll react to something calmly or if she'll fly into a rage.

Not too sure about Aslan shifting his form, but at the end of the Last Battle, it says that he no longer looked like a lion to them.

All in all, very well done. This'll be going on my favorite's list.
KeitaWolf chapter 1 . 11/14/2004
haha, that was wonderful. I think you accuratly portrayed the characters (Aslan mainly) and I have to say that ending had me rolling on the floor laughing my ass off... I read it as observative sarcasm, and even if it wasn't meant to be read that way, in my head I sounded almost like a sigh, and I couldn't stop laughing. "Two days later I was sleighing through the forest when I offered a child some Turkish Delight..." Loved It. Wonderful Job.
Duchess67 chapter 1 . 11/7/2004
LOL Boy was she stupid! *vbg* Perhaps you should have made it a dream though, because otherwise she might have killed Edmund right off the bat. *g*
varletun chapter 1 . 11/6/2004
Nice. I like the way you portray Aslan, and the way he wasn't patronizing her or treating her as if she was a child, even though she was throwing quite the childish fit, lol. His sadness at her refusal to come with him and his kindness shown is well-fit in his personality of grace.

Only thing I have an issue with is the ending line, because it's a little too... smooth? I guess since the entire piece has been so disjointed and intense and practically crackling with energy and animosity, the calm, smooth narrative sentence it ends with is kind of jarring. Something more concise and foreboding might fit in better, like maybe "It was two days later when I offered a boy in the woods a taste of Turkish Delight." or something. I don't know, really, but it's just a suggestion.

Beyond that, great fic. Thumbs up to you. :D
trecebo chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
Nicely done Pov piece. Tight, concise, flowing with the story.