Reviews for The Gilded Cage
CarsonandMrs.Hughes4ever chapter 1 . 9/11/2008
A great story. I liked the part where Angeuls was thinking about things.
Pylea Princess chapter 1 . 1/27/2005
oh... that makes me feel sad for the ulitmate evil! you have a true gift!
Weavercat chapter 1 . 10/22/2004
Dep...*aplauds in awe* Veery dep. It seems almost as if you are right there with angelus recording every thought.
Earwax chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
Don't pay attention to your last reviewer, Angelus was very in character. Fuega, or whatever her name is, was right when she called Angelus a bastard, but that doesn't mean he doesn't have layers. He's capable of thoughts, emotions, feelings, etc. There are plenty of examples on both BtVS and AtS that show Flashback!Angelus as a family man, a vamp capable of showing affection to his family and quite capable of spoiling both his Childer and Darla.

Many people prefer to ignore that in favor of the Crazy!Angelus of BtVS S2 and AtS S4. Like Fuega, they don't seem to realize that the Angelus in S2 and S4 was not the true Angelus. He was a freakin' loon made crazy by the soul.

Anyway, I'm quite glad you took the time write Angelus as the truly complicated character he is. This was a wonderful oneshot and it explained perfectly his feelings on being "trapped" in Angel. Yadda, yadda, yadda. Just refer to Little Illy's review, she said it all and is far better at this sort of thing then me.
Esperanza Fuega chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
Still a little grammar problems, even after you had it betaed. I liked the idea, but it didn't seem much like Angelus. Of Liam, Angel, and Angelus, Angelus is the bastard, Liam the confused sot, and Angel the warrior. So, not very in character, a few grammar quibs and the like, but nice enough, I guess. 2 stars out of 4.

Your friend in fic,

Esperanza Fuega
Little Illy chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
...that was wonderful! I'm quite amazed. Where to start with my review? I never really thought about Angelus *trapped* in Angel quite like that. I think the bit that really hit home was the bit about Angelus not being able to sleep when he wanted to. It just kinda rocked me a little. Hmm, the bird metaphore was great, the intense imagery and description of the first few paragraphs really added to that. I felt a little bit crushed by Angelus' feelings... I love bad Angelus, but I can almost see where he's coming from. "He’s forgotten all the good times we had." I loved this line... maybe becuase I'm very interested in how much the soul really enfluences, and how much an ensouled vampire remembers... but I think it's also the phrasing... it just seemd very nice. I loved everything about Dru, Spike and Darla. saying he was worshiped by his sire and children, that made me smile. It's true. All the reflections on life as part of the fanged four were great. Especially the last bit regarding leaving Iralnd with Darla, and seeing the "expression on Dru's face". That bit touched me. I love the whole relationship with the four of them... I'm not sure exactly where you did it, but you managed to capture them well. Needs little bit of spell checking in places, but don't we all (I know I do). Great great great work. I love it! Amazing... I think I'm actually going to add it to my favorite stories!
Shell chapter 1 . 9/16/2004
I thought this was quite a good view of Angelus. I felt sorry for him. Poor demon. :( One little thing-you ought to change this bit: "seize to be." It should be "cease to be."