Reviews for Friends Old and New
Future Nekomata chapter 13 . 3/17
Nice example of a Czechof's gun.
spicarus chapter 39 . 3/14
A good story all around.

I liked how you dealt with/wrote out Nodoka. It really seemed to fit her character. But, I would like to point out that, as I recall form the animae and manga, Nodoka didn't choose the seppeku pledge. In fact she was violently opposed to Genma taking Ranma away for training. Genma wrote up the contract, tricked Ranma into "signing" it and, as far as I can remember, basically left it behind for Nodoka to find when he took off with Ranma.
That's not to say I think she was a good parent. But, I think she got too bound up in the idea of the contract because that was all she had for so long.

I particularly approve of how you developed Kasumi and Ranma in this story. The slow realization that they could have more in their lives than what they currently had works very well.

The relationship between Soun and Atsuko is also interesting to see, and I hope it stays for a bit. I think that Atsuko could really help the Tendo girls, if they will let her that is.

I truly hope you return to this story someday.
spicarus chapter 14 . 3/13
I'm going to brake my normal rule about not commenting until I've finished reading all posted chapters.

I know you want to limit the number of characters and view points you have to deal with, but considering how the relationship between Shiori and Ranma is developing I could easily see Genma getting dispirit enough to contact Nodoka himself just to preserve his influence with Ranma. It would be rather interesting to see how Shiori, Nodoka and Ranma would handle that meeting.

Just a thought that's probably been sent your way before.
Kai Hiwatari Seigaku's Phoenix chapter 39 . 3/7
More please this is amazing, well thought out, and even years after reading it and rereading it I find myself redrawn to it(even without an update)
Kurama's Foxy Rose chapter 39 . 2/2
You know what'd be hilarious? If in the Kurama vs. Ranma fight, Shampoo entered the arena (seeing as none of the demons are allowed) and suddenly gives birth right then and there, making Ranma faint - thus snapping him out of his cat-induced madness.
Thugs Bunny 009 chapter 12 . 1/30
Okay, but I wish you'd stop making Yusuke act so out of character. He doesn't anguish this friggin much man. YuYu Hakusho is not friggin Ranma 1/2. It doesn't focus on the same repetitive plot-points for the whole series. it's called development. Something Ranma 1/2-fanboys dunno of 'cause Rumiko failed to develop her characters.

Phew, sorry for the rant but it's just you're making Yusuke seem like Ichigo-emo and it's pissing me off.

Other than that the fight was cool and I enjoyed Kasumi admitting she prefers Kurama over Tofu. It made sense since Kurama is so much more mature than Tofu. I can't ever see Kasumi-chan falling for such a childish man who won't even talk to her properly.
Thugs Bunny 009 chapter 9 . 1/29
Yo. l like the way badass Kurama handled Kodachi. That bitch's crazy. Too crazy. With a friend like her who needs enemies, huh? I'm glad Ranma found a big brother in Kurama, someone wise and full of experience to offer him. He's never had that. His pops and Happosai are too foolish and drugged up on selfishness to be wise and respectable characters.

Hopefully Ranma will ditch his useless compassion and learn not to comfort every girl just 'cause one puts on the waterworks. Kodachi did not deserve any of his sympathy, and her reaction to him proves that. The fucking swallow, insane and unstable bitch. Her whole family's unlikeability and instability is amplified by a million. Each of em needs to be committed in an lunatic asylum.

I'd really love to meet Rumiko so I could bitch-slap the moneymaking whore and command her to tell me what the fuck was going through her head when she first created such unlikeable, obnoxious characters, especially Principal Kuno. I find that mocked, half-assed fake Jamaican-esque douchebag really offensive.

Obviously, Rumiko wasn't thinking when she wrote their characters. She just made them to make money, not with the thought that people would like them.

Sorry for the rant man but 162 episodes of the same repetitive shit will give a guy a lot of pant up frustration. Only seen em all 'cause Ranma was a interesting character and I still like her/him despite her/his weak heart.
Thugs Bunny 009 chapter 8 . 1/29
Well you lost major creditability with your rant at the end of this chapter. I've got no respect for stupid Ranma/Akane-fanboys. Sorry. I just hate that pairing with a passion. Even more so than NaruSaku and that says something, because I really HATE the NaruSaku pairing just a bit more than I hate the NaruHina pairing.
Thugs Bunny 009 chapter 7 . 1/29
Yo. This was an amazing chapter. Nabiki got what's comin' to her. She was humbled beautifully, I enjoyed every bit of badass Yusuke's threatening of her. He ain't Ranma or Kuwabara who are both cool characters in their own rights, but their chivalrous-attitudes stop them from being badasses, like Yusuke, more so Ranma than Kuwabara though.

As the Ranma 1/2 series progressed, in my eyes, Ranma became more and more of a little bitch who just lets others walk all over him.

Granted, Ranma was always a bitch from the very beginning of the series, letting his pathetic ass free-loading father force an engagement to a girl who he doesn't even like on him at the start of the series, but he at least had his moments of pure win.

As the series went on Ranma just looked like a pitiful child with a weak ass heart.
Shiori Kudo chapter 34 . 1/10
Personally, as you said, I don't think the curse would be enough for Nodoka to force Ranma and Genma to commit seppuku. And while the whole seppuku thing is stupid, I don't think that Nodoka is quite as bad as you make her out to be. This is of course, my opinion.
Shiori Kudo chapter 15 . 1/9
Actually, Koto IS a cat. If you listen, she mention's her "little cat ears". I don't remember what episode it was though. of course, her being a fox is PROBABLY a better idea, considering Ranma's ailurophobia(fear of cats)
Shiori Kudo chapter 13 . 1/9
What words are Ko Tze and Bre Rus supposed to be?
irnzenmonk chapter 39 . 11/15/2013
great story ne
Grizzmon chapter 39 . 10/28/2013
Oh you would be surprised...
Grizzmon chapter 38 . 10/28/2013
Well, I still cant' believe Ranma was THAT trusting with a stranger.