Reviews for Last Dance
Legendary Biologist chapter 1 . 11/12/2015
Apparently, since ep 2 to 16 are kind of flashbacks in the anime, they really do skip a lot of things. ;)

The opening paragraph really works well in portraying Brandon's slight awkwardness in participating in a gala. He isn't used to such high class party, so I can see him being in awe at the sight of the elegant ballroom.

The second paragraph also shows Brandon's awkwardness very nicely and fits his character. He's usually cool and calm, yet can still be sweet and awkward at times. I like how he is so captivated by Maria's appearance but can't spit anything out, because that's just Brandon. :)

The part when Brandon tries to tell Maria that he can't dance is just as great. He doesn't want to reject Maria's offer, which is sure to disappoint Maria, yet he can't dance... His nervousness perfectly nails his feeling at that moment. Brandon is really that sweet.

The dance scene is brilliantly written; it fills in what the anime barely shows. I love that we're getting into Brandon's head, who is pretty nervous when dancing (shivering slightly as he touches Maria's exposed back, trying not to step on Maria's toes). It suits his character. And then the exchange after the dance is just as well-written. That's just Brandon's nervous voice.

The last part is sweet, yet sad at the same time. Brandon and Maria finally kiss (ha! They really should've done it in the series, but well...), but it of course, doesn't last long. The last paragraph just perfectly hints their break-up much later in the anime.

The only (very minor) thing I notice is that Brandon is nineteen instead of seventeen during ep 2 to 6. And I'd suggest spelling out the number regarding Brandon's age. :)

That aside, this is a great piece that fills the anime's gap nicely! :D
Twilighthippie1 chapter 1 . 2/24/2010
Aw, I loved this! It was really, really good!

Thanks for writing!I'll read more of your stories!

~Twilighthippie1 )
shilo chapter 1 . 7/14/2005
Aw! So sweet yet sad but you covered that eps pretty well. The behind the scene aspect is what I like alot in fics that the anime doesn't give us. The dance part was very cute yet its something I could totally picture in my head. You have quite the way with words and visuals, I'm just in awe at your writing style. Can't wait to see what else you come up with whether it be more Brandon and Maria (like it SHOULD! *waves Brandon/Maria banner*) or just any of the characters. I'll be looking forward to them.
Xelestial chapter 1 . 6/21/2005
I really liked this! I had always thought that, that the dance would be perfect for them to kiss at and tell each other how they feel...It's so sad though :'(
Wolf's Spirit chapter 1 . 11/3/2004
I really liked this! Could you please answer a question for me? I'm wondering what episode numbers "rain" and "go" were. Those are the two that I saw. Can you dill me in?
Zosocrowe chapter 1 . 11/1/2004
What a nice piece! It's heart-warming, but a bit sad too. I love Brandon...he's so...I don't know, innocent,and you've captured that nicely. Great job!
japanfanatic chapter 1 . 10/16/2004
i luv this story! itz so cute! i just discovered gungrave, and jus watched dis episode... but itz sorta sad... cause maria jus thot of him as a little brother, than a MAN. yea... update soon! i knoe i'm ritin a lot... but i really do luv gungrave... and brandon heat! yea... if u dont update... i'll call millenia to kill you... lolz. (altho ive onli rote one story here... and it wuz about kodomo no omocha... but still... lolz... kk i'll go now... but i'll cum bak latr... kk bai.)

sAyOnARa! ~~JApaNFaNaTIc
Not so Blind Mieko chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
Aw... so cute. God, watching the series allways makes me so sad. This is kind of like it, but in a more heart-warming way.:)