Reviews for Demonic Guardians
half-a-recess chapter 4 . 1/12/2011
So, it wouldn't let me edit my last review to chapter 5... I noticed that it did not type the three zeros in 'one thousand'... Just thought that you should know it was a typo. Yes, I think he must be well over one thousand, and someone also said they looked up kitsune lore... I will continue to cling desperately to the hope that you will pick up this story again. It's so good, and I want to hear more!
Jengurl24 chapter 5 . 10/15/2010
i really like the direction the story is going so far, though it's been over 5 years, are you going to continue? I really hope so.

As for Kurama's age, a fox turns into a spirit fox after 1000 years I'm pretty sure. That's what all the kitune lore says. In both the manga and anime Kurama is shown to have five tails. So I guess that makes him at least 5000. Holy crap he's old. _

I'll keep a lookout for updates, pls don't abandon this fic!~
Nebelkind chapter 5 . 5/10/2010
Hey! You still going to update this?

I'd like to read more!

I don't really know Youko's age and can't remember if it was ever mentioned in the manga, but I think a fox had to be 1000 years old in order to turn into a youko?

Please update again soon!

Black Shadow Tigress chapter 1 . 4/1/2010
ABSOLUTE BEST HP/YYH CROSSOVER EVER!

I love this chapter and can't wait fore more.

Hope you update soon! _
half-a-recess chapter 5 . 2/27/2010
I checked on funmation's website for Kurama's profile. On that, it says that he is about 300 years old, but obviously this is for the English version. When reading the manga, I was under the impression that he was at least 1,0.

Although it doesn't really matter too much unless it will significantly change the plot of your story, I think that it makes more sense that Kurama would be over 1,0. I think this because... Yomi, one of the demon lords, was one of Kurama's followers when Kurama was a very powerful thief. Yomi ended up becoming blind when Kurama ordered an attack on Yomi for his constant disobedience. So, a very long amount of time had to pass in order for Yomi to be able to not only compensate for his loss of sight, but to also gain enough power to rival that of the other two lords, Raizen and Mukuro. Then, we learn that the three demon lords of the Makai were at their disagreement for about 500 years. So if we trace backwards through the known information, Kurama is 500 years old, plus the long amount of time that it took for Yomi to recover and surpass Kurama in strength, plus whatever age Kurama was when he blinded Yomi (probably a significant age considering that Kurama was greatly feared and very powerful).

I will continue to check around to make sure (maybe we can find out by looking at his tails...), but I think that if it is looked at and added up chronologically, he must be over or around 1,0.

Not that it matters too much, but since you asked... I tend not to worry about his age. Love your story! Keep writing!
Zaidee Lighthart chapter 5 . 12/16/2009
Great story, hope you update.

I thought that hiei and yukina were about 400 years old, Koenma is 700 years old and I thought Kurama was at least 10 or more but I curently can't remember...
0.o person chapter 5 . 3/29/2009
i gotta admet, this is a really good crossover, despite the fact that its just barely getting into the plot. the everyone is in charect, and you try rather hard to get all your facts strait, which instantly gets you points from me. however, i did spot some stuff, and being the obsesed fan that i am, i will answer your questions about kurama.

A for ch. 5) in the dubb of the anime, they say that Kurama is 500 years old, i think, but in the subb, its more around 10 to 50. in japanese myths, a fox that was over 10 had silver fur, so one would think that Kurama, being a silver Youko, is at least 10. but it really ust depends on what you want to think.

A for 1st Q)also, in the manga (you can read scanlations online for free), Kurama only changes into his Youko form when he is angry or exited, though i think his body sometimes changes as a defence mekanizum too. im pritty surton that it has nothing to do with the moon, though there is room for such an idea, and many fans like to think that his changing has something to do with the moon.

um... yeah, i hope that made a little sense, and i hope you can read my spelling... thats about all i have to say other then to remeber where the boys power levels are, seeing that this seems to take place after the series(people often forget, which is why i think that YYHHP fic's should always be more mystery then action), remeber that Kurama was origanly a theif, and that Hiei was origanly an assasin, and that both are (really) good at keeping secrets, and that kuwabara is really smart and really strong, but only human. hopfully you somewhat understood this...

um... i don't really know what else to say other then KEEP WRITING THE STORY, BECAUSE I LIKE IT AND I WILL CONTINUE TO READ!
Tankred chapter 5 . 12/18/2008
This is a really interesting story, you should try and see if you couldn't continue writing this. I for one would love to read it.
RyouSeiryuu chapter 5 . 10/17/2008
The plot thickens! It's really nice, I'm looking forward to the next update! I like how you potray the characters, very well kep0t and not out of character at all! i luv kurama and thx again for writing this! *squish kurama plushie*
Demon-Vampire-Girl chapter 5 . 9/3/2008
Oh PLEASE Oh PLEASE! Don't give up on this! It's really good! I have to know whats going to happen! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!
Saint Sky chapter 5 . 8/6/2008
I'm too lazy to log in. Anyway; great story. It's beautifully written and deserves lots of reviews. I only have a one bone to pick. Yuriko is a solely female name. It's the equivalent of the english name Lily. I'd know, since I'm a fluent Japanese speaker and my name is Yuriko. Ehehe...By the way, the estimation of Youko's age, as appeared in the manga, is 10. That doesn't make sense, since in japanese mythology, a kitsune gains a tail every thousand years. Youko has 4 tails. That help?

Keep writing!
lazy.aces chapter 5 . 6/7/2008
He's a thousand years old
Vixen333 chapter 5 . 2/10/2008
In the english version he is 300 but in the japanese version he is 10
Lithium Nightshade chapter 3 . 11/16/2007
She died before, but she gets resurrected. Confusing yes, but if you watch it, it begins making sense
Ellenlome chapter 5 . 9/5/2007
Well, they never say exactly how old he truly is, but it was mentioned at some point in the anime (i think by Genkai or Koenma) that Youko Kurama was over a 10 years old. So he's definitely older than Hogwarts, but for all we know he could be 1001 years old :D.

Good writing by the way. Keep up the good work. :)