Reviews for A Blow To The Thumb
Arianna555 chapter 1 . 12/12/2004
When I'm bored or avoiding studying, I surf around sometimes. This was one of those times.

I'm so glad I came across this and I can't believe I've never read it before. You know I'm not a Dean fan, I'd guess (heh), but...

This is astoundingly powerful, the short sentences and just...straight out there, true statements-absolutely perfect and really penetrating. And all the allusions... It's like nothing is stated straight out, but at the same time everything is. So, so well written, and what a creative idea. I think this could be taken so many ways-like seriously, could be analyzed in an English class.

How I would love to analyze this in an English class! *grins*

Explode, burst, blast, detonate, combust, flash, flare, disappear, blow.

He blew it – at least that's what his left thumb says.

It's all so good, and the consistent themes: his left thumb. This seemingly insignificant thing that means so much here. It matters.

I'm so amazed by how many things could be taken out of this.

And "he blew it." God knows he blew it.

I keep finding this stuff of yours and loving it. I really should go through it all again and make sure I'm not missing something I thought I'd read. ;)

You have so much talent. Keep writing!

Brilliant job.
midtowngirl89 chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
Mwahaha Dean is so pathetic and sad mwahah..I'm sorry *bows head in shame*. But I really dislike Dean. Anyway, I loved this story. It made me think, i.e. "'it' is 'everything'".
Anastasia Athene chapter 1 . 9/19/2004
Hello! I just read this story (obviously...) and let me tell you, i was surprised to see Dean's name in the summary, haha. No, really though, you did a great job with this as well. I cracked up when he cut "the mop." i don't know why, it just struck me as funny. The rest of the story, although not really funny, was good as well. The way you wrote it, in simple sentences, really brings out how mundane and almost emotionless Dean's life is now. I liked it, i liked it a lot. :)
Sarah chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
Really good. You didn't bash Dean, but you didn't make him sound like a saint, either (thank you).
smile1 chapter 1 . 9/18/2004
Hey!

This was actually pretty good and I liked it.

Bye, smile :-)
Shouhei chapter 1 . 9/17/2004
Aw! That was sad, but beautifully written! I'm not a Dean fan, but I do kind of feel sorry for him (sometimes) because rory did break his heart, but she belongs with jess so there! hehe! I loved the metaphor of his thumb to the way he was actually feeling it really makes me feel connected to dean, which most stories don't. Gr8 story, and I can't wait to see what happens next! I love you my dear sweet literati beta!

Defy Gravity