Reviews for Hostage Situation
weezer42 chapter 9 . 2/17
very enjoyable, well written and exciting. Would have loved to see this as an episode...thanks for sharing.
RiddleWrappedInAnEnigma chapter 9 . 1/14
Nice story! I just wish that things were a little more resolved... Like why the Goa'uld was holding a grudge against Sam.
Smiffy11052 chapter 9 . 12/6/2014
Only just found this story. Really enjoyed. Thank you for sharing
lindergail chapter 9 . 9/18/2014
Agree with Pete analysis absolutely. And dead on with the comparison with Hanson! Great job as always!
bec chapter 9 . 12/31/2012
Loved it!
wackyjacqs chapter 9 . 6/5/2012
I know this was posted a significant while ago, but I only came across it yesterday evening!

Your story was a refreshing change to the usual off-world catastrophies or episode-related fics I’ve read so far, but it still kept in tandem with the show, with the Goa’uld on Earth, and dare I say it... Pete.

I really enjoyed the way you wrote the fic, very clear and I could actually visualise it like an episode of the show. Who knows, maybe if they ever bring it back, TPTB can be nudged towards this story; I’d certainly go for it. I thought you portrayed the characters with pinpoint accuracy, and whilst I’m a huge ‘Shipper, it was nice to see the relationship you had between Jack & Sam. Not overbearing, but enough to show there is something there between them.

As an aside, I also wanted to praise you for your handling of the situation regarding the SWAT/DPDs thoughts on Sam/Jack/Pete and Sam in general. I myself, whilst not working for the military (or SG1, sadly), do work in a very male-dominated profession and more often than not, have had to face this sort of thing myself. It's not easy and no matter how hard you work, or how good you are at your job, there will always be a handful who think they know better, which they don't. The issues you had the law enforcements about Sam are sadly very true, and whilst they didn't necessarily say anything to the team's faces, I liked how the team were still able to find out in other ways. It would have good to see the team maybe say, or warn, them in some way after the whole situation, but that could just be my own ulterior motives talking! lol However, it was nice to read of one of the SWAT members with Sam at the end, but a teeny part of me wanted her to overhear them (and Pete) talking about her and her ‘inappropriate’ relationship with Jack though, so everything could reach a crescendo and she could deck Pete in the process. Having said that, I know exactly how Sam felt in that story, so a small, lighthearted - but genuine - apology from a male would have gone a long way for her.

Speaking of Pete. He's another one. He annoyed me in the show, what with his distrust of Sam and his general ineptness. He's a cop for cryin' out loud - he should know better and what does he get? Special treatment and told of the Stargate Program! Totally unrealistic! Anyways.. his character in this was no different as he's still totally oblivious to.. well, anything really. He annoyed me in this, so you did a very good job with him! (This is a compliment by the way, not a criticism!) :)

The only thing I was slightly disappointed with was the issue surrounding the Goa’uld/Mike. I would have liked to have known more about how he became a Goa’uld, what exactly his wife had written in her diaries and why she did that if Jack never had an affair with her, that sort of thing. I was also intrigued as to why he had a personal grievance with Sam. Was it because of her personally, or something to do with Jolinar and/or her father, for example? Is there any chance of a sequel or something to maybe provide a few more answers?

Apart from that though, I really did enjoy the fic and have saved it to my Favourites!
Foghorn chapter 9 . 4/8/2012
SOOOOOO good. I seriously almost threw my iPhone across the room a few times that's how into the story I was. Well done :)
mgamberger chapter 9 . 10/8/2011
Great fic! I am loving reading your stories. You have these wonderful plots, and very diferent from what I read so far.
Josephine Martin chapter 9 . 4/12/2011
I really enjoyed this story. It's unusual to see Sam exploring the darker side of her character, but this was really well done here. And your method of getting rid of Pete was both unique and extremely plausible.

Many thanks for sharing your story.
Harmne chapter 9 . 1/16/2011
Ooh, a lovely gem of a story! I'm so glad I found it. I never liked the way Pete treated Sam either - I always thought she ought to challenge him to hand-to-hand, then hand him his butt and wipe the floor with him. You KNOW she could do it! With one hand! While rewiring a bomb! Sam rocks! And Jack knows it, is proud of her, protective, but still gives her the trust that she can handle herself. Best gift of all.
Star Dust of Ancient Novae chapter 9 . 11/4/2010
amazing
Guest chapter 1 . 3/5/2010
oday I had the opportunity reler that history, she is very legal, and he/she left me today, as in the epóca that I read with the impression that she didn't end that deserves a continuation.

Suggestion: Sam giving a tip foot in Peter's crablouse, and being with Jack. .
Nynaeve506 chapter 9 . 6/19/2009
Great story, I loved the S/J dynamic :)
MiaRose 156 chapter 9 . 12/5/2008
Great story.
avidgokufan chapter 9 . 4/29/2008
I have to tell you, I absolutely loved this story. I'm a huge Jack-fan, and this was a fun team-filled story. I'm not a fan of too much Jack/Sam shippiness, but you had just the right amount. Thank you. Please continue writing.
52 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »