Reviews for Oblivious
Shinigami-chan chapter 43 . 6/21/2006
a monster you may think this story was, but i think it was defantantly worth the read.

shinigami-chan
Lo chapter 43 . 6/19/2006
Ew, Tonks. She doesn't deserve to have people go out of their way to portray her positively. Seriously, she falls into that group of characters in fic (along with Hermione, Lily, and Peter of all people) where it seems like people think the right way to portray someone is to give them anything positive. Well, those are bad characters. It's only the great characters who can encompass both positive and negative, and who can survive the negative. She's someone who should never be anything more than a walk-on character. JKR's use of Tonks in HPB wasn't bad to Tonks, it was bad to Remus, since it gave Tonks a more important role than she should have by attaching her to the coattails of a great character and trying to drag him down.
love-yoshness chapter 1 . 6/19/2006
I love how u portary (if that's spelt wrong, i was never a great speller) Lupin. Is the feral the werewolf that bit bill- i'll read on to find out! great fanfic!
antijuicy chapter 1 . 5/19/2006
I love how you took a mention in OoTP and created it into a whole story; this will definitely be going on my favorites.
The Kiss of Death chapter 42 . 5/14/2006
Your story was abouselty amazing!Finally Kane got what was coming to him.I'm definalty going to read more of your stories.I'm going to add this story to my favorites.
New Dragon Rider chapter 41 . 5/11/2006
good!
purebristles chapter 9 . 4/30/2006
A bout of nostalgia for your work led me back here for a re-read. Remus "danc(ing) naked down Diagon Alley leading a conga-line of kappas and hinkypunks whilst playing the tambourine" made me laugh out very very loudly.

Do you write original stuff as well? I'd love to see what you could do with your own characters.
New Dragon Rider chapter 42 . 4/26/2006
good end!
New Dragon Rider chapter 43 . 4/26/2006
WOW! GREAT JOB!
Good Morning chapter 15 . 4/14/2006
Hi! I lvoe this fanfic! I've not quite finished it yet, but it's really great! I never really thought about how Remus got his bite before (apart from what actually *happened* at the time... if you get me...), but this really got me thinking! Thanks!

Whoo! There's a bit set in Derbyshire! I live in Derbyshire... I've heard of Buxton, but I don't remember ever going there...

You're a great writer, by the way!
RahNee chapter 42 . 4/8/2006
(stands and applauds) Bravo! Bravo!

I'm beyond words, really. This was a beautiful story and now one of my favorites.

I LOVED IT.
RahNee chapter 16 . 4/7/2006
Still reading... riveted by this amazing back-story you've woven for Remus. I am in absolute tears at the moment.

Can I just tell you how lovely this story is so far? You are brilliant, simply brilliant.
RahNee chapter 7 . 4/7/2006
Well, I'm home with a sick child, who is currently sleeping (thank goodness) and what better way to spend the time if I'm going to be stuck indoors than starting a story I've been meaning to read for quite some time...

I am thoroughly enjoying it so far, as you are a fantastic writer! Very gifted. And I present this quote as proof: "The sun was bright against a washed out blue sky, clear but icy cold, the consequence of sunshine in autumn, as hands were rubbed and scarves were tightened against the cruel nip of approaching winter in the air. The odd sharpness of the sunlight lent a strange glint to the melting remains of the early frost that set the thin air sparkling."

If THAT doesn't paint a vivid word-picture, well then I'll eat my keyboard! Just beautiful!

So, I apologize in advance for not reviewing every chapter, because I KNOW how much I love it when those review alert emails pour in. I am quite eager to read and work my way through this story, but I don't want to rush it, and get on to the sequel... I am so pleased to have found such a quality author as yourself. You have been added to my alert list and faves list.
Jedi Rita chapter 33 . 4/5/2006
Someone recently recommended this story to me, and I've been gobbling it up ever since. I'm so glad to have only discovered it after it was finished! If I had to read this as it was being posted, it would have been torture.

I love it! Remus very much in character. Snape too. I totally adore Snape, and you portray him the way I like him: one of the White Hats, but still an obnoxious, sadistic bastard. And Tonks! Ah, this is Tonks as she is meant to be. As much as I love JKR, she really botched it with Tonks in HBP.

And all your fabulous backstory: Remus's family, the whole issue with the feral werewolves, all of it is really great. And an excellent explanation of the whole Wolfsbane thing and why the timing is so critical. Have you written a fic about Remus's feral incident in 1981? I'd love to read that!

Okay, back to the story...
soswimmer13 chapter 43 . 4/2/2006
i love the whole "kane" killed abel by becoming feral, but remus managed to not become romulus (even though tonks thought it was funny, it isnt). i like that they were both named for the weaker brother, but in one case the weaker brother was stronger. the whole kane wandering the earth thing hurting people was quite apropo (sp?). i really like how you characterized the people in this story, and how you used names where inferences could be made. i mean, after hearing Isaacs as the guy's last name, i knew abraham kane had to have something to do with him. great use of biblical names, btw.
701 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »