Reviews for Oblivious
Jedi Rita chapter 33 . 4/5/2006
Someone recently recommended this story to me, and I've been gobbling it up ever since. I'm so glad to have only discovered it after it was finished! If I had to read this as it was being posted, it would have been torture.

I love it! Remus very much in character. Snape too. I totally adore Snape, and you portray him the way I like him: one of the White Hats, but still an obnoxious, sadistic bastard. And Tonks! Ah, this is Tonks as she is meant to be. As much as I love JKR, she really botched it with Tonks in HBP.

And all your fabulous backstory: Remus's family, the whole issue with the feral werewolves, all of it is really great. And an excellent explanation of the whole Wolfsbane thing and why the timing is so critical. Have you written a fic about Remus's feral incident in 1981? I'd love to read that!

Okay, back to the story...
soswimmer13 chapter 43 . 4/2/2006
i love the whole "kane" killed abel by becoming feral, but remus managed to not become romulus (even though tonks thought it was funny, it isnt). i like that they were both named for the weaker brother, but in one case the weaker brother was stronger. the whole kane wandering the earth thing hurting people was quite apropo (sp?). i really like how you characterized the people in this story, and how you used names where inferences could be made. i mean, after hearing Isaacs as the guy's last name, i knew abraham kane had to have something to do with him. great use of biblical names, btw.
Quicksilver Foxx chapter 3 . 3/22/2006
spoot!
Floss chapter 42 . 2/3/2006
It's just gone mid-night and I've finally finished your fic. All I can say is that you write beautifully.

Do you ever get the feeling when you read something that you are right there, seeing it all happen before your eyes? I've had that feeling every step of the way and I have to thank you for it. If you asked me to,I could describe how each scene looked in my opinion. Your descriptions are perfect. There's nothing more to it than that.

I only have one question, living in Wales myself I have to ask: are you Welsh? Your description of the country is spot on and makes me never want to leave, as I realise how beautiful it is.

Thanks again Carly aka Floss.
Conn JS1 chapter 42 . 1/9/2006
Rereading the story I think I have to correct myself, I liked the Werewolf Lesson best...

I am kind of sorry that the whole constructive critisism matter doesn't work in your case, your story is totaly down my ally, your style is touching to say the least, you picture Remus the way I see him, the plot is eveything, from fluffy over exciting to downright heart attack provocing.

So I'll just prais you, allright?

I am so much looking forward to "Imperius" now!

Thank you again!
purebristles chapter 42 . 1/9/2006
This is beautiful. No longer canon due to a couple of revelations in HBP, but still beautiful.
purebristles chapter 38 . 1/9/2006
You know, I spent 1/2 an hour searching for the OTHER fic which I had seen snippets of your writing before, SURE that I had discovered a plagarist, and there you are, plagarising yourself in In From The Cold. You could have warned people like me who tend to remember good writing... for a moment there I was thinking I was Sherlock. Bah. :)
Conn JS1 chapter 29 . 1/8/2006
It is 3:44 a.m. here in Austria and I have to get up at seven and go to a meeting that willdecide aout my future career, maybe even my future life, but I can't go to bed, because this is one of the most spell binding stories I have read for quite a long time.
Conn JS1 chapter 25 . 1/8/2006
I guess it is kind of sick, but I just enjoy reading about Remus being in pain, sick, hurt, wounded, nausious and fainting, and I love how you describe him doing all that in character. In my opinion the best chapter so far.
Conn JS1 chapter 12 . 1/8/2006
I wouldn’t trust you to hit the broad side of a Norwegian Ridgeback!”

These are the sentences I love this story for, they show how you have internalized the potter universe.

Great!
Conn JS1 chapter 8 . 1/8/2006
splendid, superb, awsome, and all the synonymes one can come up with!
Conn JS1 chapter 6 . 1/8/2006
Brilliant, absolutely magnificent!

It as exactly what you promised in your A/N in a more than readable, very enjoyable way. I love the care you give to giving us insight into Remus' mind, the way you let him describe lycanthropy conveying also his relationship to the different aspects of it. I always liked the idea of werewolves bein affected by silver, but you definately had me laughing at Remus'comment about it!

Thank you so much for writing and sharing this!
TheJazz chapter 43 . 1/5/2006
wow! that, my dear, was an amazing story, and I loved every minute of it. I love your diction! it's so intruiging! (i've had to open my thesaurus more than once) and ... wow, like, all of your devices are sharp! god, if it wasn't about Remus i would probably just say that i loved it for it's wording and everything, but dude! that plot! one hell of a plot if you ask me. absolutely brilliant. The whole thing was just ... a cocktail of greatness, ha ha ha. now to get caught up on the sequel...
krumfan chapter 43 . 12/31/2005
wow...I've just read all 42 chapters plus epilouge...and that is all I have to say. Wow.

i truely think this is one of THE best fics i ever read. So well written. The storyline, superb! I'm glad I've read it in its entirety now, instead of having to read it chapter by chapter each week. I've found that works lose their gusto that way..

Anyway, congratulations...you are a great and talented authress. I wish you all the best. I'm even more in love with Lupin now, than I ever have been. Your characterizations were WONDERFUL...

great fic

krumfan (considering changing her name after this fic!)
MarilynJean chapter 43 . 12/30/2005
omg. You do not know hoe excited and lucky I am today. I read your story oblivious on mugglenetfanfiction and it was the best story I ever read. I saw your mention of a sequel imperious and i looked a bit but eventually forgot about it. Today, I was looking into a story and went to the authors profile. In this authors favourite's list I saw a story called imperious. It sparked a memory. Reading the summary, I realised that is was the sequel! And looking down I saw oblivous there too! I never knew you posted on this site and I am now so excited that I get to read more of your story. oblivious was the best story I ever read and im so glad there's more. Yay! Thank you is all I can say.
688 | « Prev Page 1 .. 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 21 .. Last Next »