Reviews for Oblivious
DeLurkerAnon chapter 43 . 8/10/2011
OK, so I've read this before years ago (Imperious was mostly posted but still being posted) and I've probably read it two more times since at least in parts...but last week I bought an ereader, stuck it on there and read it slowly and thoughtfully and reread bets and really savoured it all and I just have to review this time. It's just such an amazing story, I've read lots of Remus fanfic over the years but this is just something I completely believe you know? Just, ahh I have no words...probably why I haven't reviewed before..but yeah, it's just wow, the plot is so engaging even though I already knew the ending I was still totally on the edge of my seat during the Alpha of Hogwarts and Rey's flashback chapters...and A Quiet Word/Full Circle is the most satisfying ending I've ever read (even though I know it's not over because of Imperious) you just have such a beautiful way of writing (e.g. the description of the nameless emotion in A Quiet Word "Remus watched his rage impassively through the bars, watched the drip of fresh blood as it trickled [...] Shame and pity danced together for a story completed in this foul cell with so much lost and so little to be gained..." I noticed the descriptive style really for the first time in A Quiet Word because that chapter is so *intense* and I essentially read every sentence twice but I realised then that way of writing throughout the whole story and how seamless it was but what makes Oblivious so darn good is how rich those kind of lines make it. I also really liked the Annotations chapter, so interesting to see your thoughts and how you plan something of this scale, how you balance the different characters and scenes and even emotions. We get the Fallen and then the lighthearted In From the Cold and it just makes for such a satisfying story! I'm just so thankful you decided to share your talents in such a medium as fanfic and involving such an intriguing character as Remus that obviously doesn't get a lot of screen time in the book and is just so fascinating, but unlike some other authors you still pay off JKR's Remus with his quiet humour and his teaching style (and his father's profession explaining Harry's third year cirriculum) I also love how Harry features subtly into it without you know being Remus' adoptive son or whatever and Neville taking out Kane! (and then in DH he kills Nagini! you're so dead on!) just little details. It's yours and its different but it fits all the cannon character details we know about everyone, you fit it around what's already establised you don't try and change things and of course Rey is a wonderful new character! In your annotations you mentioned how you wanted to add Remus at the beginning and end so you wouldn't have a complete OC story and that was really the draw in me reading it because as much as I've come to love Rey now I probably would've have been so interested if that was all the story was, but now he's so intergrated and I really love how you did add Full Circle because by then I really did care about Rey and I'm so glad that he got that closure! ...well I seem to have found some words after all! Well anyway, I just wanted to leave this, even if you never see it and I'm looking forward to re-reading Imperious next! Also I want to wish you luck in publishing your original fiction! For you to write something like this within the confines of an already established world you're own creation will be really something spectacular!
LupinLover88 chapter 31 . 8/7/2011
Okay so I didn't sign in, but that really is my pen name. I really don't know what it is, but I find myself reading this fic and the sequal many times over. I love it everytime I read it, and I guess that's why it's in my favorites. smiles Anyways, just wanted to complement you on your writing. As for your worry over long chapters, all I can say is that long chapters are better than short ones that are only two lines long. smiles
RiddikulusWaterbender chapter 42 . 7/22/2011
Wow! This is the best story I've ever read! Best written, the characters are awesome, wow! It was really hard to stop reading this. Awesome!
tentLIPS chapter 1 . 7/12/2011
lol false alarm. no kingsley, just madeye &dumbledore.
tentLIPS chapter 42 . 7/6/2011
Gwenhwyfar: in 1981, just after James&Lily's death, Wormtails supposed death, and sirius goes to azkaban, remus's world is falling apart, he goes and gets drunk, and turns feral in front of mad eye, dumbledore and someone else that i cant remember. maybe kingsley. hope it helps :)
Gwenhwyfar chapter 23 . 6/14/2011
... Why is nobody answering my question? :( sorry but I seriously am confused! Has the 1981 event actually been explained? Cuz I am up to chapter twentysomething and I still have no idea what happened that night! I was really looking falward to reading about Remus slash dumbledore and madeye! Anyway... To make my question clear... HAS OR WILL THE 1981 FERAL INCIDENT BE EXPLAINED?
Gwenhwyfar chapter 5 . 6/13/2011
Wow! I love this story! It is brilliant. Also I am reading chapter five, and wondering if I have missed the 1981 feral event. Because it has been mentioned a half a dozen times, but I don't remember it being explained in detail. Have you explained it after chapter five, or have I just missed it?

P.s. I LOVE IT!

Keep up the good writing!
Runt the Brave chapter 14 . 3/9/2011
Kane and Abel? -snicker- Ain't that a coincidence.

I'm really enjoying this story, you right really, really well and it's really engaging. In Part One, Remus was incredibly in character and you're doing a great job portraying Reynard. I can't wait to read more, so, that's why this is probably a short review.
Grace chapter 42 . 12/18/2010
Absolutely the BEST peice of fanfiction I have EVER read. Absolutely stunning. I can't wait to read Imperious now. The emotions, scenery, themes-heck, everything- awed me. You and your fanfiction officially rock. Well done.
JustYourAverageRavenclaw chapter 5 . 5/18/2010
Remus' reply to Malfoy's howl cracked me up :) I seriously love this whole story, and all your other Remus-centric ones. He's my favorite character. I honestly have no real complaints, but I thought you might want to know that in the first paragraph after his dream, the very start of this chapter, you have Remus "shaking from head to tow." I do believe you mean toe... ah, cursed spellcheck when it comes to words like that :) I wish there was such a thing as context-check :)
Seamew chapter 43 . 1/27/2010
I absolutely love this story of yours. I can't believe I didn't find it earlier, but thank goodness I have! I've always loved reading a good fic about how Remus came to be a werewolf, and this is by far the best. Ever.

Your characterization was spot on, in my opinion, and I adore the Lupin family. You made me feel so bad about Kane though, especially early on when I realized he was probably the boy the Lupins were considering for adoption. I'll have to go read more of your fics, now. Thank you so much for writing!
temeraire chapter 22 . 11/12/2009
Your Chapter 21 seems to be MIA...where'd it go?
Abraxan chapter 42 . 8/30/2009
Wow! What a great ending - sensitive, sweet, bittersweet - just perfect. Well done!

I'm glad to read you're working on an original novel! I was going to encourage you to do that if you weren't already doing so.

I'm in the same position you are - HP story nagging at me, readers nagging at me, and a novel (my second) to finish polishing. I wish you lots of luck finding a publisher and getting your work out there to the world. And when it's out there, be sure to let your fanfiction readers know so we can order it ASAP!

Keep up the outstanding work!

Abraxan chapter 41 . 8/29/2009
Wow! Remus handled that with a great deal of wisdom and class. Well done!

Abraxan chapter 32 . 8/28/2009
I've honestly been reading too fast to review, but I had to tell you that not only do I love this beautifully written story, I also love the sweet, gently humorous, human touches you include - like Remus telling his dad if he brings chocolate, he'll "fit him in". Well done!

684 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 13 .. Last Next »