Reviews for The Cross And The Switchblade
meteor9 chapter 8 . 12/20/2005
Ended adorably, that it did. Nice mix of mysticism and creepy sex offenders, too. It's amazing how a chapter as long as this one can still feel so focused the whole way through. No filler or anything. Excellent work, as always. _
Shade Eido chapter 8 . 12/20/2005
Hee hee, what a cute, bittersweet chapter. It's amazing how they all stick together and lift each other up so well. I think it's unfair that Berlitz didn't pay Clive, but, then again, life's not fair so.. : As always, your descriptions are top knotch and colorful and.. I.. would say more but my brain is dead and stuff (What's new, yes? XD) In closing, I'd like to say: Great chapter, great story, me want more. Yup.
Shade Eido chapter 7 . 10/26/2005
:claps: Bravo! Another great chapter. "You can find anything in Sin City". Hehe heh, sorry about that, it kind of popped into my head and stuff. Horatio has all KINDS of wisdom to expel, doesn't he? :smile: I can really empathize with Clive and Ravendor, you make them so realistic, like I can reach into my screen and touch em'. Poor boys.. :hugs them all: And what Ravendor said about Drifters was hilarious. Yay, yay, yay! Encore.
NarcissisticRiceBall chapter 6 . 10/23/2005
Hey great story! I'm so glad you updated. I'm looking forward to the next chapter!
Shade Eido chapter 6 . 10/10/2005
Wow, that was a well-written fight scene. _ I feel so sorry for the boys, though, they gave it their all but still.. mean orcs... *kicks them with a stereo shaped foot* Hee hee hee, I also like how you're developing Catherine's character; she's so innocent and so sweet, and, in a good way, ultimately un-worldly. Hey, the way I see it, as long as you're having fun, it doesn't matter how long it takes to come out. Another great chapter, I must say.
Skylark Starflower chapter 5 . 1/12/2005
I had a sick thought I must share with the world when I read the bit about the well water. _ And that was: Ew, what if the Kraken peed in it? Hee hee hee. _ And Clive tasting the egg yolk reminds me of Benton Fraser from Due South and his habit of licking everything. _

Anyway, I will leave you with those lovely images now after I take the time to say, 'still good, love it. More now.' _ Have a good day, bye!
meteor9 chapter 5 . 1/11/2005
Well I'll be darned, Mongo solved a puzzle! Somewhat, anyway. Also of note is the formation of Filgaia's fastest growing professional sport, Pillbug Punting. _

This one is...even bigger than the last one. Now I see what you mean about not wanting to do this length again. _ It's too bad, though, because I loved every word of it.

I don't know what else to say right now, so...I eagerly await tCatS 6!
meteor9 chapter 4 . 1/11/2005
I took some time to write this out beforehand, so I might actually say something useful this time. _

First off, I gotta comment on how well polished your writing is. It's evident throughout this entire piece.

Two, though there are about three places where a space was omitted, one has to take into consideration the sheer size of this entry. The average writer would probably have many more mistakes lying around. And besides, who's to say that it's not 's fault anyway? I mean, they got rid of TABS. Seriously. _

Clive is extremely intelligent for a six-year old, that's evident. And given his future characteristics, completely fitting. Plus, he's got 20 years to calm down, so I don't think anyone could accuse him of OOC-ness. Not that anyone here would, of course. Perhaps I just think the worst of people thanks to Gaia. I dunno. ;

That's not to say that Ravvy isn't intelligent, either. He's got Clive beat, that's for sure. _

And hey, it's Horatio! Awesome! _

Um...sorry it took so long to review. _;
Shade Eido chapter 5 . 1/9/2005
Wow, so the group of youngsters meet up again and there are monsters to fight. Ohh. Man, I wish that I could say more..I know, I'll put it in a yummy cluster of thoughts. _

Once again your descriptions are perfect and vibrant. In addition to the aforementioned statement, I also am fond of the character interaction and how Ravendor treats Clive. I feel so sorry for them, they must be so scared.. ;_; I wonder if they will be okay. Also, I forgot to mention this in previous reviews, I like the ruins a lot. For some reason it both frightens me and fascinates me. It's like, when I look in the mirror I wonder if there's another world beyond it, you know? But seriously, this story is getting better with every chapter. Great job BW Dono, this is kicking much ass. _
Skylark Starflower chapter 4 . 1/3/2005
The ruin sounds cool. I wanna go play there. _ Hee hee hee. Me like, more! _
Shade Eido chapter 4 . 1/3/2005
Wow! This is lovely and spooky all at the same time! The Looking Glass.. I wonder if it's a...? Hmm..*shakes head* Don't mind me, I'm musing. : Anyway, on with the review. Manna is wise beyond her years and Clive is really really sneaky.
Jonaleepuff chapter 3 . 12/27/2004
I-It's an Alex! _ *insert bad memories here* Great chapter though! Awesome descriptions-unlike me. I really gotta get caught up in reading.
Skylark Starflower chapter 3 . 12/4/2004
Would have reviewed earlier, but was misbehaving then. _ And now I've forgotten most of what I wanted to say about it. Except that Alex's description reminds me a lot of Irving Vold Valeria. _ But good, and waiting to see more now!
Shade Eido chapter 3 . 11/23/2004
Another great chapter. I will now list all of the things I love. _

First of all, I love how you bring this story to life. The characters are so realistic that I believe they will leap out from my computer.

So Point One: Character develoment.

And, let's not forget the setting. Good lord, it feels as if I've been to Little Twister before, that's how good this sounds.

Point Two: Brilliant Scenery.

And, I also love the lively character interaction, as always, it is top notch.

Point Three:Character Interaction.

And, also, I'm already loving this story because it has a strong female character. _ Manna is one tough lady. _In summary, I love it very much. *glomps story and you*
Skylark Starflower chapter 2 . 10/31/2004
Hee hee hee! Berkley torture! Yay! _ Pimples... *Giggles insanly* This chapter are fun! Whe! _ More!