Reviews for Arise From the Fire
Padfootkicksbutt chapter 22 . 2/28/2012
oooohh. is marina gonna get to go with the fellowship? i would love to find out!
ChildlikeEmpress chapter 22 . 12/20/2010
I hope you continue this! Its been really entertaining thus far. :)
Albie chapter 22 . 9/11/2010
OH NOOOOOOOOOO! You can't have left it here! I know it's been a long time since you've updated (erm... a very long time...) but you HAVE TO KEEP GOING! I love this story - your style of writing keeps me reading and reading. Thankyou for the wonderful story so far, and I hope that one day you find the inspiration to come back and finish it off. I'll keep checking and hoping! (:
Sakura123 chapter 22 . 2/16/2010
I've never been one for Boromir/OC Romances, but you've just about converted me with your story. I love your character Marina, she's quite the captivating character and her interaction with Boromir is amazing.

I hope you update soon (when you get the chance). If not, I've enjoyed what you've posted immensely.

Sakura123
Anearin chapter 22 . 11/15/2008
Suliad dear overworked underpaid Author,

I have greatly enjoyed reading through this tangled web that you have woven. The plot line is excellent and believable! And especially like what you have done with Marina's character. The only part I found slightly uncharacteristic of her was when the theif tried to 'take liberties with her' and then kill her. Personally I would have thought her too good a warrior to be bested that easily, however you are the author and you decide :)

I am greatly looking forward to reading your next chapter! and the chapter after that and so on :P I am most curious as to how you are going to combine Marina and the rest of the story... and whether or not Boromir dies in your story or not...

Until next time,

Anea
Mina chapter 22 . 7/20/2008
I check to see if you've updated just about EVERY DAY! i absolutely love your story...love the characters, the writing, everything is great and on point! so please please update soon, u have an amazing story here!
Punk Rocker Fairy chapter 22 . 5/8/2008
PLEASE CoNTiNUE! *on her knees begging*
Punk Rocker Fairy chapter 22 . 5/6/2008
That...was...AWSOME, please keep writing! PLEASE!
Aoi Dragon chapter 22 . 3/20/2008
With the exception of Gondorians also having pale eyes (not brown as you have said with Boromir; it irked me when you said "brown eyes"... and anyway, Sean Bean's eyes are green. Period.), you have everything else spot on, in my opinion. I don't think anyone in book Arda (Middle-earth) has brown eyes from Gondor, Rohan, or Arnor, and of course none of the Elves do. This is because (except for Rohan - note: Must research why for Rohan) the people of Gondor and Arnor are descendants of Numenor, founded by Elros, Elrond's twin brother (although Hugo Weaving has darker eyes, Elrond is meant to have light colored eyes). I can only hope I'm telling you something you don't already know, but since you're basing this on movie-verse more than book-verse... yeah...

Me Sean Bean fan. I know LOTS about him and I usually know lots about many of his characters. Boromir, Odysseus, Alec Trevelyan, Kyle, Oliver Mellors (who is delicious, by the way)... I'm passionate... not obsessed about his acting career. I mean... he's fifty... he doesn't look it... Oh, and Sean was the age of his character while filming LotR - 40-41. I've always imagined Boromir more like how Sean played him anyway, but with a REAL stubborn streak. And men can be quite dense when it comes to knowing how women feel about them... I always thought Boromir was like that. Well, you have your Boromir, and I have mine. And I do like your Boromir.

Now, a few nit-picky things. How does Arwen know Marina's name and vice versa when there was no introduction of, "My name is [blah]"? It's just kind of psychic force of suddenly they know each other. And what about her reaction to Aragorn and him being King of GONDOR? I would be like, "OMGWTF! He's the king?" except more eloquently and in older sounding English. Also, Boromir would know about the wraiths; they went through Osgiliath (or near it) in order to get to the north. He would know about the Nazgul, whether he learned it in school or Faramir told him. I'm sure the records of the Witch King of Angmar are somewhere in Gondor since he loved attacking Arnor in years passed. That's who the Dunedain rangers were fighting in the north; they still are eradicating the orcs left there from the reign of the Witch King to keep the northern kingdom safe. When Aragorn became king, he was king of BOTH Gondor and Arnor.

I've got lots of websites and books at my fingertips if you would like to do further research. Oh and if you're wondering on my credibility on the Sean Bean subject go here: w. imdb name/ nm0293/ or here: w. full-of-beans Delete the spaces. I've been to other sites to compare the facts and have yet to meet the man to get a first hand impression (I missed him when he was filming near my hometown).

I'll be watching this story because I like it. :)

~Aoi Dragon
Friendly Legolas Sporker chapter 22 . 3/20/2008
I just found your story, and let me say, i love it!

the only thing i dislike is your use of movie dialog.

update.(:
cjsl8ne chapter 22 . 3/20/2008
I just discovered this fic and I am really enjoying it. I like your idea of a Mordorian character. The possibilities for angst are endless. Is Boromir going to disappear with Marina instead of dying? Can't wait to find out. Thanks for sharing your original idea with us.
ValarenOfGondor chapter 1 . 3/20/2008
This is a really good story :) I found it a few months back and have been following it since. I like Marina. She is a good woman with a great spirit. She and Boromir are so good together!

This latest chapter was really good too. It is breaking her heart that he is going off with the Fellowship and it will be curious to see if she goes along or follows them.

Please update when you can :)
ElvishKiwi chapter 22 . 3/19/2008
This is a facinating story. It's a little cliche in parts, but always interesting, nonetheless. I came expecting a Mary-Sue, and was plesantly surprised enough to keep me reading all twenty-two chapters.

Marina's background is actually quite believable, and you've managed to build the story around it well. It's fast-paced, too, there's always something happening and you havn't let it despite the developing romance you haven't let it dissolve into a pool of mush.

I don't really like your portrayal of Gondor's first family much - your characters are good but not the way I've envisioned them. Faramir we haven't seen much of, but he does seem a little pushoverish. Denethor is a little to unreasonable for my taste - which you must understand is entirly predictable, coming from me. Boromir is great, his character is portrayed well, but even he seems a little immature at times.

Other characters are done very well, however; I do like the way you've portrayed Arwen. She's very ancient and elvish, so many writiers try to make her somehow... human, and you don't do that.

Your writing style is also good, it's interesting, flows well, and is nice to read. It's a good story.

A couple of canon niggles: Firstly Boromir would not have known about the ring until he reached the council. No one did. It was absolutly imperative that no one knew who didn't need to, and they would not have even told Denethor.

Secondly he wasn't summoned to the counsel as such, both he and Faramir dreamt of it and he went to investigate.

Don't let this depress you, I can see you've spent a lot of time on this (Four years? Wow!) and put a lot of effort into getting it right and developing a really good story. The points in it's favour far outweigh the failings - which is why I'm still here, twenty two chapters later!

As you've vowed not to make this tenth walker, I have no qualms in enthusiastically asking for more!
Pop-tarts chapter 22 . 3/19/2008
this is so great!...all the drama and everything, hope you update soon!
Circuit-Elf chapter 21 . 9/12/2007
Gargg! More chapters! WRITE, WRITE, WRITE! This really good writing; keep at it!

But... Is Borimir gonna go and get killed, like he does in the book...? : That would be so sad...