Reviews for Beyond the Pale
Moon Lantern chapter 1 . 2/21
I was intruiged by this, I think Sirius meeting Sir Francis is a great idea, especially for the Ricardian in me. But... why did they not meet Richard?
Also, was Phineas bluffing when he said he didnt believe Sirius to be dead?
meganphntmgrl chapter 1 . 10/5/2005
Damn straight Henry the Seventh was the Dark Lord!

It was nice to see a Sir Francis story for once. I find him extremely hard to characterize without indirect plagiarism from Sharon Kay Penman's "Sunne in Splendour". I was also impressed by the fact that someone else remembered that he went into hiding. And yes- poor Cousin Richard indeed.
Andrea Rimsky chapter 1 . 4/3/2005
I love it! Quite possible the best of all possible crossovers: Harry Potter and Richard I (though you're more interested in the history than the play, which is perfectly fine by me).

Poor Lovell. Walled up in his study and all that.
Xanatos' Lady Morwen chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
Whoa! This is a really good story. I loved the humor, and the thought of Sirius' mother screaming all night. Your characters were pretty true to life, and I love Phineas' last remark. It sparked a few plot bunnies!

[i] "Always making students sit in his office while he yammers on about things he ought to have told them months ago, he is; he's both vain and senile." The elder Black snorted. "I don't know how that school would get on without me." [/i]

I loved that part!
Rosie eisoR chapter 1 . 9/20/2004
I think I end up proposing to you on a weekly basis. This was just so credible, and wonderfully weird, and beautifully tied into canon - Phineas' 'hint' was great. And the touch with Harry being the Dark Lord made me giggle.

A cup of tea really does solve everything. The British way. I love Sir Francis.