Reviews for A Date for the Fourth of July
avidgokufan chapter 22 . 12/10/2006
Bravo. However, I still think manipulative little Lionel should come back. Maybe steal Dawn's time machine or something and go back and prevent his eyes from being popped. Then he could try to manipulate Buffy into working for him. That'd be cool. But I'm just thinking. You are a good author. I enjoyed this. COntinue.
herndon chapter 22 . 10/17/2005
i just plowed through your entire trilogy over the weekend and was absolutely hooked!

finding decent crossovers is a difficult task, but you absolutely brought all the characters to life and had them relate in such a convincing way (and your cara was absolutely adorable, especially with her cute reaction to the lost hair!).

i have no idea if you plan on continuing this series, but you'll have a tough time topping this story-very nice!

hope you decide to pick this up and continue the series soon!
onlimain chapter 22 . 8/18/2005
This story was amazing. Thank you for sharing it with us. I like happy endings, so I really enjoyed this one. I will keep an eye out for any more of your stories.
sparky24 chapter 22 . 8/18/2005
Great story. Too bad it's over. Are you planning any more sequels?
The Die Hard chapter 22 . 8/18/2005
Aw! (melts) I am SUCH a sucker for happy endings. Are you at least gonna let Lex and Buffy and Clark and Dawn have a few days off before the next mutant/demon shows up? (Maybe Cara could go bash something, a la superbaby...)
The Die Hard chapter 21 . 8/12/2005
He. As frustrating as being broken up into chapters is, the chapter titles are GREAT fun. I especially enjoyed the expanded time-over scene with Mulder, like getting a famous action scene done in double perspective. (Not to mention that he got to stay alive this time. I suppose it would be too much to ask to leave Bush dead...) And the portrayal of Superman's all-business persona. It's actually almost believable that people don't associate him with Clark, because they act NOTHING alike. Superman casually tosses spaceships into the sun. Clark is wondering what ELSE could possibly go wrong. (Probably Lex and Buffy are, too. As cute a couple as those two would make, they'd drive each other to terminal depression inside a month.) As for Cara, she DEFINITELY needs a Watcher!
onlimain chapter 21 . 8/12/2005
Yes! You saved Mulder! I loved Cara's enraged ranting. I'm so glad she wasn't seriously hurt. This story continues to be great. I can't wait to read the next part.
The Die Hard chapter 20 . 8/8/2005
Heh, violating all the known laws of physics. Well, Dawn, your boyfriend does it all the time, so what's the problem? A suitable application of enough power, and you can solve just about anything... (grin) The characterization and contrasts among the co-conspirators is superb. Buffy talking Clark into his "inner criminal," Lex's intimate knowledge of where he can get anything he wants, Dawn's careless exactitude. I want in on this team!
The Die Hard chapter 19 . 8/8/2005
Hee! I like the chapter title. / Lex and Clark should get together and have an "it's all my fault" marathon sometime. Maybe they could bore each other into getting over it. Personally, I blame George Bush. (Yes, I know he's currently dead in the story, and pity he isn't ... well.) If the most powerful nation on Earth can't stop a lousy alien ship or two, then what's the point of being dictator? / Buffy says she's seen the rain of blood before. Did I miss something?
spk chapter 19 . 8/7/2005
Great Story! Can't wait to see what happens next. I'd never thought of these pairings before, but I love it. I can so totally see it. I'll definitely be waiting for your updates. :)
sparky24 chapter 19 . 8/3/2005
Wow! A lot to take in. The end of the world or maybe not. Buffy looks so motherly with Cara. She really connects well with that little girl. So Dawn's time machine gonna save the day?
The Die Hard chapter 18 . 7/31/2005
Hm, yeah, Stonetree would make a good Watcher. Maybe he could be put in charge of Clark, if he gets over the Naman-worship... ( #$%! ffnet and their stupid translator programs! I KNOW those letters weren't run together in your original version!)
onlimain chapter 17 . 7/28/2005
This story is great! It's sad that Mulder died, but at least he was proven right in the end. I like how Buffy is looking out for Lex's interests in the looting of the spaceship. And I *love* Lex's line about already having the one thing he needed to come safe out of the ship. Before, Lex would have been the first one in line to retrieve alien artifacts, but now, it doesn't really matter to him as long as he has Buffy. That's just so sweet. I'll look forward to the next chapter.
The Die Hard chapter 17 . 7/28/2005
Poor Clark, stuck with a story about being sick during The End Of The World As We Know It. It's got to be rough on your (alter) ego, being abused like that. Snicker.
Lexi chapter 1 . 7/26/2005
Love, Love, Love the story so far, here are some of my favorite lines.

"Lex was pleased to see that one of them was gone; Buffy's tendency to rely on improvised weaponry all the time worried the hell out of him." That got a big Aw! out of me. It's good that someone worries about Buffy and Lex being the one to do it, just makes me all gooey inside.

"Bush looked confused." Ha, what's new.

"Quiet, George," a nearby suited man hushed him, and took him by the arm. *Sigh* If only it was that easy to shut up the Texas mistake.

The clone soldier smoothly stood and effortlessly backhanded Bush to the ground. He lay with just his feet in view, completely still. Most of the men in suits looked strangely satisfied." You know there's something wrong when I echo the satisfaction of the collaborators, and yet strangely enough not really worried about it.

"Oh, that'll go over well in Kansas, Lex thought. He could almost hear ten thousand farmers cocking their deer rifles" I LOL with that line.

Buffy wasn't sure what the Angel Investigations crew had for detectors and weapons, but they were all vamps and demons except for Wes and Cordy - they'd be fine.

I object if Corduffy isn't a demon I don't know who is.

As for the rest, love the introduction of Hope and Mercy from Superman cannon but am a bit depressed with the death of Mulder. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter, keep up the good work.