Reviews for Heard Him Sing
David Fishwick chapter 1 . 12/5/2012
I liked how you wrote Lorne's thoughts about Lindsey and Angel. Thanks for writing.
Blonde-Existentialist chapter 1 . 3/12/2012
I think this is a good mental snapshot and character assessment of Lorne from the ending. Oh Lindsey.
SongBirdie chapter 1 . 4/7/2011
This story is amazing. Lorne's voice in this is perfect. The movie and theater references added so much. And comparing Lindsey to Lex was the icing on the cake. You really got inside Lorne's head, during a scene that was so against everything he believed in. And you showed that. Bravo.
nmcil chapter 1 . 3/7/2006
Really enjoyed reading your story - your treatment of Lorne was very good - very much like the character was in the series and with so a great understanding of all these characters work together.

I wish that more writers would do work with Lorne - not sure why that is, but he is a golden opportunity to explore the Angel series.

I hope you get these message, as I am not sure what a signed/verified review means - go here from another site.
wild wolf free17 chapter 1 . 8/31/2005
This is beautifully done. I like the way you portrayed Lorne's regret. Good job.
Caspican Duck Duck chapter 1 . 4/11/2005
Great story! You have Lorne's voice down perfectly. His internal conflict really comes to life in this.

Brilliant.

PJ
Shadowfax chapter 1 . 3/11/2005
Wow. Very nice.

You know, I've been pissed at Lorne for awhile now, because he did that... But this really helped me understand him better. And I loved the Hamlet reference. I can't believe I never saw that... I love Hamlet, I love Lindsey... the twain shall meet! ] But you left off Kenneth Branagh. He's good. I'm not mad at Lorne anymore. Just at what he was forced to become.

I'm mad at Angel for telling him to do it! gr... Angel should know better than to use his friends like that, that Lorne's not the kind of person who should be doing his dirty work. ...And yet, he's the perfect person. He's the only person I think *could* have killed Lindsey, because Lindsey wasn't expecting it. And that's a compliment to Lindsey, on behalf of the show. If an oblique one... And it was so fitting that Lindsey, the first villain on the show, was the last one too.

Okay, I'm done philosophizing. Thanks for the story. ]
Dark Gotham chapter 1 . 2/26/2005
This is rather good. I like this little angst bit on Lorne.
Heart Broken chapter 1 . 1/14/2005
*Holding back tears* I hated that scene, not your fic, it was great. But I hated Lorne so much... And Angel told him to... *Holds back tears again* Lindsey could have change...
Imzadi chapter 1 . 12/25/2004
I didn't want to review this story when I first read it because I was so sick over Lorne's killing Lindsey, and I wanted him to burn in hell. I still do. He admits Lindsey isn't evil but rather wishy-washy and indecisive. Yet he still goes ahead and does it because "Angel is always right!" Was he right when he erased everyone's memories to change Connor's future? Was he right when he slept with Darla in the first place? Was he right when he walked out of the Hyperion back in the 30's and let all those people die? No, Lorne should have allowed Lindsey to live. He might have ended up on the side of good. At least he was planning to join the battle in the alley and might have done some good. You're not a pawn, Lorne. You should have let him live. Burn in hell-or Pylea!
barnabas1320 chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
This is a wonderful story! It sounds just like Lorne right down to the words he would say. It's quite sad really.
Little Illy chapter 1 . 10/3/2004
OMG, did I ever tell you how much I love that scene? (ok, so oviously I didn't, but I will know.) Up untill then, I'd never been a big Lorne fan, and I hadn't seen enough of Lidsey to like or hate him, but then this scene... the last Angel ep ever, possibly the end of the Buffyverse! God that scene just threw me. It was so poweful! I think you used the quotes to your atvantage. It is such an amazing scene and Joss said it all so well, and the quotes realy nicely boardered your work. I think it was a great look at Lorne and how he was feeling in those last moments. Because he was really saying "Goonight Folks" for good. This was really written with Lorne in mind, all the pop culture references especially about singers and movies. The movie theme was great too, becuase I think Lorne almost looks at life as if it's a movie, and he was also looking at Lindsey's life like a movie too. I think the best line was probably "the end of the movie... it’s rolling the credits now" I saw alot of meanings in that, the end of Lindsey, the end of Lorne in the fang gang, the end of the job, the end of the world maybe... and maybe a bit of the end of Lorne, or innocent Lorne. So *great* use of the movie metaphore there. Plus, the phrasing was just *killer*. Another kind of meaningful thing was what Lorne saw when he heard Lidsey sing. It struck me that although it's Angel who is facing Lindsey in the vision, it's Lorne who really faces him in the end. I don't know why that shook me, but there you go. As I said before, that moment seriously just brought out Lorne and Lindsey for me, and it's about time someone did a bit on that in my opinion. Great work!
pari106hotmail.com chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Wow. Great Lorne-voice. Really sad and angsty, this piece, and it makes sense. Good job.
Rhiannon Merdon chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Wow. Youd did a great job of getting into the characters...I was so mad when Lorne killed Lindsey. How could he do that! But you did a great job. I even added it to my favs!
Davy Jones Locker chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Thank You Thank You! God when I watched that scene in the finale with Lorne, it broke my heart to see him do that, and to have you write out here, thank you! you've done such an amazing job! and really I don't say that often. you managaed to capture the very essence of both charaters. you wrote through Lornes thoughts about everything involving that one descion and it was perfect. that is really, really hard to write out a monolugue like this without it changing any of the characters obvious feeling toward events. you just did a perfect, perfect job. Lornes thoughts on Lindsey, I can really see him having those. and where you explained about Lindsey being wishy Washy, that was just like a stab to the gut, you really GOT the sadness Lorne was feeling. Okay so I'm not being very articulate, but at least this is easily interpretted. You are going on my Favorites List.