Reviews for Weekenders: Love, Fate & Everything In Between
Lord Malachite chapter 7 . 7/19/2005
Well this chapter was kind of a change. Not that it doesn't fit in with the story but it was a little more down to earth. I think you did good with the angst and anticipation of Tino without overdoing it. I really like how despite Tino having so many more years of life experience, Tish still has to keep him grounded in reality. That line where she tells Tino that he's teetering on the edge of dorkness is a classic.

The way you handled this would indicate some personal experience in younger confession of love. Actually, I remember I couldn't sleep at all the night I first told a girl I had feelings for her. She slept like a baby. Figures. And people say men are insensitive! You definitely nailed all that.

And of course, I can't help but smile at another author putting Tino and Tish together now that I've gone and broken them up in my own story. It helps me feel like they're not doomed after all, so I really appreciate that. I know you put a lot of work into this story, and that it isn't easy for you to update, so thanks for that.

Lastly, I can't imagine what the next plot point will be, but I'm sure Tino has a long journey ahead of him and his newfound relationship with Tish will only be a part of the challenges that await. :)
BeeKay84 chapter 7 . 7/18/2005
Hey great chapter! Aww, so Tino gets together with Tish. It's so lovely! I didn't miss the humor in this chapter, too much of it wouldn't have been compatible here. A Scottish history exhibition, Lor must be excited, hehe. Well now all that's left to say is: Keep up the great work! I can't wait to read the next chapter!
Didjargo chapter 7 . 7/16/2005
Well, it's always a surprise to see someone in the WFF circle, besides me, updating one of their stories. This is still such a surreal tale you've got going here. I constantly wonder if Tino really has gone back in time, or if this is all but a dream... for that matter, I still feel uncomfortable with Tino's persona, but placing the age and wisdom of a middle aged man in the body of a 12-year-old boy must be very hard to write. And as such, you've abandoned the twitchy little spaz monkey that we all know and love, truly leaving the boy behind when he began talking all Shakespearian to Tish. but regardless, you've really got an original story going here and I can only imagine how the conclusion will work out when it comes to that. Keep up the good work and if I could offer a little constructive criticism before I go. Although this is a story between Tino and Tish, you might want to flesh out the personalities of Carver and Lor a bit more. Okay, Later Days.
Shinji Langley chapter 7 . 7/16/2005
I can only think about what that next plot point of yours is going to be about. Some complications are necessary, and I imagine they could come from Tish's apparent insecurity, only a guess though.

Here's hoping you can update again soon. :)
Didjargo chapter 2 . 7/11/2005
I must say that I am pleasantly surprised. Upon reading chapter one I wasn’t sure that I wanted to go one as I got a cold feeling not unlike what I got from reading Attic Man’s “Seize the Life”… I really didn’t want to read another story about how depressing and tragic the characters’ lives become in the future. But I pressed on, to find a rather unexpected turn of events in the end of chapter 2. A truly surreal twist, I only hope that the following chapters don’t reveal that this is still Tino’s dream. As I’m sure that waking up to find that his second chance was no more than an illusion will undoubtedly send him even farther into a state of depression- and his life is pretty gray as it stands. But I still have 4 more chapters to go until I’m all caught up… so perhaps I won’t have to wait too long for my answer.
BeeKay84 chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
That was a very surprising chapter, in many ways. First of all, it was very well-written, like all the other chapters before. Then, I never expected Dot to play a role in this fic, esp. not such an important one. In her monologue, she seemed a little OOC, so eloquent, you know. But on the other hand, we really don't know much about her, so it's very likely her personality goes a lot deeper, like you described her. I think it was a great idea to let Tino and Dot become friends like that. And it's wonderful how you keep this story emotional and humorous at the same time. I just loved Tino's theories about the Pizza Guy, his comment about his Mom making even stranger kind of food when she's worried, and the "Big C - Little T" line. And yeah, this update was *surprisingly* quick. ;) I really like like story, it's getting better and better. Please keep up the fantastic work, I can't wait to read about Funville - I bet there're a lot more surprises waiting for us then. ;)
Lord Malachite chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
This was certainly a very different kind of update than I was expecting. This almost turned into a Tino/Dot fic, I felt. But it was good, because they have a lot to talk about in here.

Criticially speaking, this chapter works well. Just work on your paragraph structure and punctuation. Sometimes you have a little too much going on in one paragraph, and there are a few grammar issues, but nothing so serious they ruin the story.

Thanks for giving us the C2 group! It's a real blessing for finding Weekenders fic! Best of luck with your next installment!
Shinji Langley chapter 6 . 5/9/2005
I think you did a pretty good job with Dot here, really gave her character some depth. Don't worry about the lenght of your chapters, the more the merrier, unless you're in the vicinity of 10 words. ;) Then it might be time to ease up.

Overall this was a great interlude before the Tino & Tish stuff picks up again.
Attic Man chapter 6 . 5/8/2005
Good to see a fast update. It's becoming a rare thing these days from any author of the Weekenders variety. I think this was a good chapter. It's always nice to see one of the minor characters (in this case Dot) fleshed out a bit. Also the longer length of this chapter is much appreciated. There were minor grammatical errors here or there but no more than I make so it's fine by my standards then. I still would have liked to have seen Dot be from the future as well but whatever. Keep up the good work and keep the updates coming this fast. If you can then I'll do the same.
BeeKay84 chapter 5 . 5/4/2005
Wow, you're looking forward to my review? I'm somehow flattered now. ;)

Well, like Tino, I didn't really know what I expected. I really liked how you described Tino's feelings in the beginning. I also liked the dialog between Tino & his Mom, both very in character. Great! I really think you did a very good job here in this character, maybe Tish's reaction could've been a little more surprised, but I think it was fine the way you wrote it. And by Tish still thinking about Tino's words and making a decision, you keep the suspense of the story. I really can't wait to read on! Right now, Tish seems as if she thinks about how to say "no" without hurting his feelings. But we'll see... As I said, I'm looking forward to reading the next chapter! You're doing great, keep up the good work!
Lord Malachite chapter 5 . 5/3/2005
Another solid entry into this series. Everything here works. I would say some of the dialogue felt a tiny bit forced, but definitely not OOC. It clicked. Tish is Tishy and Tino is insecure. Your skill set is growing with each chapter you release, so I would say you are on your way to blossoming. I do think you're capable of longer chapter, but we'll take it one step at a time. I'm glad to see that you've stuck with this story. Keep going till the end. We all want to know what becomes of Tino!
Shinji Langley chapter 5 . 5/2/2005
I was actually kind of surprised that Tino took it that badly, but otherwise I really liked the chapter. Your creativity really shines through in more than a couple spots.

Nice work man. :)
Shinji Langley chapter 4 . 3/30/2005
Awesome work GD!

The dilemma Tino faces here is a great twist to it all. As far as chapter length, I thought this was just about right. It's concise yet there is character development, and drama along with it.

Keep flying the flag, man. :)
BeeKay84 chapter 4 . 3/28/2005
Hey great to see a new chapter from you! I don't think your chapters are too short. I think it's quality that counts, not quantity, you know? Every author should make their chapters as long as they think they should be. You're welcome, I'm glad my last review was of some use for you. Now... I haven't even said what I think: This chapter is wonderful! So touching. I was afraid Tish would find out and be mad at Tino. I only hope he will find enough strength and courage to tell her about his feelings, about how he doesn't want to lose her - and I hope she will believe him. And there was one phrase that I really liked in particular: "He’d seen those later days he always spoke about and he didn’t want them anymore."

Keep up the fantastic work! And take your time, as much as you feel you need to make this next chapter a very special one. I'm looking forward to reading it!

And concerning "supporting Weekenders fic's": Ever thought about creating a C2-Community? I've often thought about creating one, but I don't know if I'm really qualified for that... okay, I think I should end this long review. CU
Lord Malachite chapter 4 . 3/28/2005
It was definitely too short. Fortunately, it was also one of the stronger chapters in the story, so that offsets any sin shortness might have contributed. Your writing continues to reflect a solid understanding of each of the characters, they all seem to react to the changing circumstances as I would expect them to were this an episode. This is the mark of good writing. I can't find much to criticize beyond the length, work on telling more of the story. Personally, I find that a good word to chapter ratio is at least 30 words. That might seem daunting, but you would be surprised at how quickly it can go. And sometimes, you end up doing more than you expected to. At any rate, keep up the good work, and thanks for supporting the Tino/Tish pairing, sometimes I really feel like I'm all alone out here!