Reviews for Silent High
MelanisticLeopard chapter 10 . 3/25/2013
Ok, it was a bit shippy & there were more typos, but all things considered I did like this. The Silent Hill theming really came through, the ultimate explanation was believable, & I did not catch on to Sakura's twist AT ALL before the ultimate reveal. *facepalm* Good fic.
MelanisticLeopard chapter 1 . 3/25/2013
Hello! I think this is a neat concept & I hope the fic lives up to the series it borrows from (I don't know yet, I've only read chapter 1) but there were a few things that confused me... not because they were supposed to XD
First of all, the chapter, & story, opens with Sakura in Kurenai's class
Sakura looked up at the voice and her eyebrows scrunched. "Kurenai-sensei?" Kurenai let out an exasperated sigh, shaking her head at Sakura's reaction. "Where…" she started.
but then it says
Sakura shook her head. "I woke up and suddenly I was in this classroom. Iruka-sensei was teaching it but… we graduated the academy already, right?"
This Silent Hill-themed story is going to be confusing enough without author's mistakes, ne?
Also, Ino's comment to Sasuke:
"That usually brings a smile to your face everything."
I really didn't get that she meant it as a sort of pet name, like 'you're my everything' until I read
But just as she was sure Hinata was still alive, she had to be sure that Ino was not really Sasuke's anything.
Up until that point, I honestly thought it was a typo. Maybe if you wrote it like 'face, Everything' it would come across more as a name?
& last thing: I haven't seen any labels in the summary or tags to suggest that this is a SasuSaku, but I agree with Ino that Sakura was most likely about to confess her feelings. If it's just Sakura being canonically Sakura that's fine, but if it is a SasuSaku, could you indicate that so people like me don't accidentally get invested in something we're not going to want to continue reading past a certain romantic development?
So I took a lot of words to say it but I really only wanted to point out a typo, an unclear place, & a potential addition to the description.
Thanks for your time!
ignorethisiwas12 chapter 10 . 10/15/2011
Wow... amazing story!
whiskedaway chapter 10 . 10/13/2011
Awesome, awesome, awesome! :DD

Really gave me creeps at times, haha. :P
Starry Pink chapter 10 . 5/29/2011
I really enjoyed this story! Great job! :)
SkyeZ chapter 10 . 4/17/2011
Loved it! XD
UnbiasedBias chapter 10 . 12/27/2010
I. Love. Your. Ending.

While I read the whole fic, I was just so... chilly. Your story was chilling. Especially the hospital part, and with the whole 'wheelchair' stuff. Gosh, that was scary.

I'm glad that the ending was the jounin exam and that it was indeed a genjutsu. I've read previous horror fics which are scary too, but their endings leave it hanging - and though I know that's the point of a horror fic, I can't help but feel relieved when I read an ending which clears everything up for the better.

Yikes, I still feel a little uncomfortable.

I guess that means you did a good job. xD

~DdK
Negative-Z chapter 10 . 8/25/2010
The SH aspects were very well incorporated, but most of all Sakura's final revelation gives it a depth and maturity that, well, I should have expected by now :)
maxinecortes chapter 10 . 6/30/2010
I have to tell you, this is by far THE best Naruto fic I've ever read. It just surpasses the Naruto stories I've read before, and that's saying a lot. :)

There are absolutely no boring parts at all. Every chapter is full of suspenseful and thrilling scenes, and I could not stop reading it. It was just right to the point. The plot idea was genius and I really like how you managed to blend in all of the Team 7's dreams (Naruto being loved, Sasuke wanting to have the perfect brother, Sakura wanting to be like her teammates). I also like their interactions with each other and with other characters in the story. How you ended the story was perfect and it just explained everything that was going on.

The story is well-written and that really helps the reader to understand what is going on. It was like watching a movie. :D

The characters are also very well-written and they are very in character.

I have a lot more positive things to say, but that would take a long time to type. :P So I just wanted to thank you for writing such an awesome story! :D
Unisawr chapter 10 . 5/30/2010
This was absolutely EPIC.

Usually I don't read Team 7 stories, it either has to be a pairing or none at all. But I saw Silent Hill was going to be thrown into the mix, so really-that made my decision.

Brilliantly thought out and planned. You had the perfect mix of the Silent Hill aspects as well as keeping the Naruto canon-world aspects in tact. The concept of the perfect world, their desires, and the concept that the original Silent Hill was formed around; Seriously if I hadn't known better, I'd feel like the game's plot was made to be a perfect fit here. It just came together all so well! AHHH.

The character development was beautiful, Sasuke's feeling of isolation from his team, Sakura's hesitation in her abilities and strength, Naruto's realizations-and you achieved all of this through the filter of this distorted world. And I was really expecting that you'd just leave char. development out all together just 'cause this was an AU world and that was hard enough to think about as it is.

And did I mention the interaction between our loveable trio? Simply magnificence! [And I loved the subtle hints of romance there, how the hell you managed to incorporate that in this type of setting, is the amazing part] Hell, this could even be considered a team-building exercise. A scary one nonetheless, but hey, it seemed to work out for them, ne?

The action scenes, oh man, don't get me started. The exhilaration, the suspense, the frustration-I seriously saw glass exploding right before my eyes [and I even put on some SH music just to enhance the mood. Hah.]

I really can't express all of this enough through words though. I was expecting some 'dun-dun-dun' at the end, but it turned out to be a happy ending. Sort of. Though I feel like the closure between Sasuke and Sakura is still hanging loose. I mean, damn! after all that, he just picks up an apple? Ugh, fine. I should be happy that you even managed to finish the story. And for that I'm grateful to have read such a masterpiece.
Vandenberg chapter 10 . 2/6/2010
Great job in writing this up-it's one of the best horror stories i've ever read. :)

-Sked-San-san
Yuki chapter 10 . 2/6/2010
Wow this the best horror stor. I've ever read! It was awesome my fav!
Terrible Lurker chapter 10 . 4/21/2009
Excellent story.
sakura san 3 chapter 10 . 4/6/2009
WHAT? NO SASUKE AND SAKURA ENDING? WHAT HAPPENED TO THEM?
insaneteacup chapter 1 . 2/4/2009
Nice touch on the dream within a dream quote there too. ;) more subtle hints, hehe.