Reviews for Nerdanel Attempts A Rescue
Noldo chapter 1 . 10/1/2004
A very poignant piece of work. It's sad to think of Nerdanel getting rid of all her things (to put it colloquially, as I'm too sleepy to be literary), and also sad to find that she and Feanor are already growing apart. Certainly not as light-hearted as your previous piece, but I enjoyed reading it nonetheless.

Now I seem to be filled with a burning desire to write Feanor/Nerdanel.

Bad plot bunny. Bad. Get out of my poor brain this instant.
Vana Tuivana chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
Oh, your style is utterly perfect for this topic: detailed but spare, sort of airy but concrete, no-nonsense poesy-prose.

Once again, absolutely fantastic work. You capture emotion in dialogue so well, especially with your Feanor, who is just as paradoxical here as ever.
Machinesister chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
Not a light read, I can assure you, but nevertheless rewarding. The last conversation captures the friction between Feanor and Nerdanel...awkward.

wow.
Itarille chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
This is so lovely in such a restrained way, and just so very sad. Somehow, the idea of their marriage ending like this is all that much more effective and heartbreaking than it could ever be if it went out with a bang.
Mirfein chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
This is interesting. The quality of the writing is vague and wistful-almost surreal-in its dealing with such a sorrowful subject. Especially the part in which Nerdanel waves to her children playing in the grass, and they wave back, not really sure of what she is doing. It's very poignant.

Good work.

Mirfein
the surly mermaid chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
The image of Nerdanel giving away all her things is very poignant. And of course Feanor would be too dense to realize she was leaving for good.
Lillian C1 chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Not quite as lighthearted as its predecessor, but I loved it nonetheless - a very accurate portrayal of what Nerdanel's feelings must have been at that time, I think. Well done!

But feel free to also right a happy story that takes place in between the two you have already written! ;-)
Neld chapter 1 . 9/22/2004
Oh. Changed the title ?

(Do I have to repeat that, why, of course, I loved it?)