Reviews for The Lion In The Meadow
Verdot chapter 1 . 3/7/2005
That was such a beautiful and hurtful and... wow...

Normally the very thought of a Vincent/Yuffie freaks me out, but I can see it here. I can *see* it.

"I bet you two woulda been in love, in fact. You would've met and he would've been all '...' and you would've been all '...' and then the violins and you would have fallen passionately in love and I could've been main bridesmaid and you could've changed your last name to Leonhart-Valentine and it would've been awesome, imagine the sex.""

I LOVE that part. Don't tempt the yaoi gods. Hehehe...

Beautiful work. I'm just so...wow...

~Cendrillo
Two Cents chapter 1 . 2/7/2005
Finally! A SxY fic that didn't send my liver into pancretic shock with an overdose of sweetness. Absolutely brilliant writing.
SilverLocke980 chapter 1 . 1/10/2005
(claps his hands) Amazing. Simply amazing. Allow me to introduce myself...

I came upon this fanfiction while hunting for "Amarant/Freya" that was well-written, having found it a most interesting idea (I tend to like canon pairings more than anything else, and Freya/Fratley is canon, but Freya/Amarant is interesting, if only on a "what if" scale). After messing around with both "Anam Cara" and "All Fall Down" (both beautiful fics, might I add- I like "Anam Cara" better, but the two are pretty much just one fic anyway, "All Fall Down" being the prologue and "Anam Cara" the actual story), I decided to read the rest of your fanfictions, and I have been (for lack of a better word) absolutely enthralled. This, I believe, is one of your best. That is, however, much like saying that a particular nugget of gold is better than any other particular nugget of gold- it's all gold, one way or another.

This... there is no way to adequately describe it. It's beautiful, but it's sad, too. It's happy, but somehow it's full of tears. It cries, but it full of fragile hope too. It's everything all rolled into one. It deals with every issue that Kingdom Hearts, in the happiness of its general spirit, decided not to deal with... and it makes everything seem better, somehow. At first, I thought it would be about despair, particularly when they mentioned that "they got pushed over for a bunch of kids in nappies" (oh, how I felt their pain) but somehow, you turned it around at the end so that, in my head at least, I believe that they figured it out; it doesn't matter if you save the world at all... it matters that you live.

Am reading your other fics and enjoying the hell out of myself! Keep writing!

And Vincent/Yuffie forever!

Your Newest Fan,

-Silverlocke980
Ms. Imperfection chapter 1 . 12/13/2004
Beautiful. I simply adore the way you wrote this. The characters' feelings and thoughts - delightfully scattered as they were, in Yuffie's case - were portrayed beautifully in both the spoken and unspoken words. Though I was never much of a Yuffie/Vincent fan, the way you presented it here was so tragic/pretty/giddy-inducing that I was in awe. I might just have to read a few more Yuffie/Vincent fics now, just to quell my curiosity.

Another thing I loved was the incorporation of both Leon and Yuffie's worlds, and all the people in them. Even after playing KH through several times, I just never quite -got- what the hell was up with Squall/Yuffie/Aerith/Cid/etc. The tones of tragedy and loss really brought a sense of 'grown up' seriousness to the sometimes silly, somewhat cliched Kingdom Heart's universe; as well as the more adult-toned hints of humor. (the thought of Aerith checking out Squall’s ass was priceless, and “Dear Omni; thanks for Squall's chest. Love, Yuff” got a chuckle out of me.) Not to mention the hint of lemony-goodness there towards the end. Tastefully written, steamy, and yet realistic all at the same time. Bravo.

My rambling aside, this is a wonderful fic all around. It's one I plan on reading again, and it has definitely inspired me to check out some more of your work.

~MsImp
deity of death1 chapter 1 . 12/11/2004
...Beautiful. I love the squifiness..._
Kit Spooner chapter 1 . 12/8/2004
I read this a while back and didn't review because I'm a horrible person. Really, truly a bad person. So I'm making up for it now. With a review.

I never made it far into KH, but there was a certain sort of kooky underlying tragedy of the whole game that the main plot only vaguely brushed against in passing. You reminded me of exactly what I found so freaking creepy about the game: characters dragged kicking and struggling from their separate world and then dropped down as unexpected roommates in a weird sort of twilight town. I liked that about your story.

PS: The squishy bits were hot too. Heh.
SetsuntaMew chapter 1 . 10/28/2004
That was REALLY good. Totally worth the read and even though I don't like Yuffie/Vincent, I loved it. Good job!
DawningFire chapter 1 . 10/20/2004
Is there more? Reading this is like Chota on k3r0, which is a stupid comparison to the woman who WRITES Chota. I guess I never expected you wrote everything like that.

When's the novel?

~P
Deplora chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
Okay, I'll admit it. I'm getting notoriously bad for reading fics and then not reviewing them. And someone brought that to my attention today, so I'm going back and reviewing the stories that I've read lately that I should have reviewed.

Let me just say that this is an excellent fic. I just absolutely loved your characterization of Yuffums and Squallie (yes, I have nicknames for them. Don't look at me like that _) and the little bit of Yuffentine in there was perfect because I love Yuffentine almost as much as I do Squffie. So, yeah... this has to be one of my favorite fics of all time. It's getting hard to find good fics these days. At least, it is for me. But that may because I'm picky and only read stories in three sections and for three ships.

Okay, I'm rambling. So, let me just say once more that this is a way awesome fic and that I love it.
balfonheim chapter 1 . 10/17/2004
Oh my gosh, that was so SWET! I loved it to pieces! A fine bit of Squffie. Very cute. It had me laughing also. No one can write Yuffie like you do. Excellent job with this.
Chaos Zero chapter 1 . 10/14/2004
For some reason, it's says 'Reviewer' even though I put in 'Chaos Zero'. If you're wondering what I'm talking about, I'm speaking about the last review, which was me, but is being very Yuffie-like again.
Guest chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
Guardian! You're still writing Yuffie fics! After "Much Ado About Yuffie", and "Sunshine in Winter", I thought, THOSE stories would have been how you left Yuffie fics.

I'm so happy to see that you're still writing. I wish I had some sort of PERMANENT online ability, but I don't. I can't even remember my log in password, and whatnot, ugh.

I would have NEVER looked in the Kingdom Hearts section for fics, but then I read your profile, and saw that you wrote about Yuffie again! I mean, I LOVE KH, but I'm not too interested in fanfiction about that particular alternate universe (if that's what you wanna call it).

Your way of writing. I can tell it had Yuffie all over it. Some people may said it wasn't particularly the best written story, but to Yuffie fans, you wrote... PERFECT. I'm such a big fan of yours, like you wouldn't believe. Please continue writing great stories, for I'll always look around. Just, don't forget about going back to FFVII fics at some point. Maybe after Advent Children, or after Dirge of Cereberus (the upcoming Vincent FFVII game on PS2), you'd have many new ideas about how Yuffie and Vincent meet up... :)
Demeter1 chapter 1 . 9/29/2004
I had one of those 'moments' when I read this. _ It was beautiful and perfect and oh wow, I couldn't help but read it twice in a row since it was *Squall* and *Yuffie*. And they were talking about their worlds and they way their friends died, and it made the goofy game of Kingdom of Hearts suddenly tragic. It was like watching their worlds bleed together and know that none of them could be separated again and it made this *chill* go through me. _

"Okay, okay, stop looking at me like that, I can see it's your shotgun." I actually almost cried because it was so Yuffie and it was so Vincent and it was so *weird* because she wasn't talking to just anybody. She was talking to Leon who could be Vincent's spiritual twin.

"Maybe she should stop consorting with men desperately in love with dead chicks, she decides." It seems to be the story of her life. Gawd, I loved Yuffie here.

"They are dancing shy of ten years between them; he feels like a dirty old man but he just can't stop now"... definitely gave me pause. The pairing is so bizarre and if it wasn't for Kingdom of Hearts and its actually-very-brilliant-storyline, probably no on earth would have ever thought of this pairing. And I do bet Aeris will at least slap him one.

"(She'll never tell him that he was her first time. The brooding would go on for years.) " Yuffie knows his and Vincent's type so well. And I just went 'blergh' and 'augh' in meaningless words as I contemplated that no, Yuffie never made it with Vincent and I wanted to go hide in a corner and bawl. -_-

It makes me want to try to play Kingdom of Hearts again (because the premise is awesome and the characters gorgeous and I don't care anymore that it seemed like a sellout for Squaresoft). The storyline was always there and while I've always entertained Yuffie/Leon, this just suddenly inspires me to new levels. Ah, and I just blathered a whole bunch of nothing. _
Ourania chapter 1 . 9/26/2004
Wow. This was a really good, kind of confusing, very interesting piece of fanfiction. I never really considered the whole Leon(Squall)/Yuffie aspect, but after I read this ficlet, it didn't seem quite so far flung.

I like Yuffie's take on Leon, some of the lines were deliciously amusing, "strode off to brood by the fountain in a swirl of chains and exquisitely conditioned hair" made me giggle insanely for a few minutes because it was so very much how someone of Yuffie's vocabulary would describe Leon.

I must say I admire your work, even when some of it confounds me if I'm not paying enough attention.

I'm not much of one for lemons (I was blushing throughout the entire scene, I assure you) but your writing is unquestionably good, so the small dislike of graphic sex on my part was diminished overall.

I hope you write more fanfictions before becoming an author of immense stature; I enjoy reading them.

-Ourania
stillontheboat chapter 1 . 9/26/2004
This was a great read. Your twist on Yuffie's character has been the most entertaining and (in my mind) accurate portrayal ever both in this and in Sunshine in Winter. Not to mention your take on both Leon and Vinnie. *sigh* Gotta love the "mindblowing in leather" comment. Please continue to make great stories for all us Yuffie/Vinnie fans to enjoy!
55 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 Next »