Reviews for Slicked Up to the Nines
Galactic Cannibalism chapter 8 . 3/10/2011
I really do hope that you update this soon, and that you're feeling better :) You have a really good story here, and I don't want to see it smothered to death in dust.
kweenofalldreams13 chapter 1 . 3/7/2010
This story is bomb-skies! I love it! Please continue when you can, hope that your health improves soon.
big fan who is to be unnamed chapter 8 . 4/5/2009
yay! not on the disease but on the update. I'm glad your on your way to recovery.
Swing Girl At Heart chapter 8 . 2/25/2009
Hi, Pannychan

I decided to give your story a shot after the catchy title snagged my attention, and I'm glad I did. While your writing flow may be a little...iffy at parts, the overall plot is quite good - better than the vast majority of stories you find on this site. I also decided to read it because it seems to be one of the few stories in the Swing Kids archive that's leaning more towards light-hearted. Most of them (mine included, I'll admit) are depressing dramas or angst oneshots, and while these may be well-written and interesting, they do get boring after awhile. Yours is a breath of fresh air.

I especially liked that you made Lorelei to be Herr Schumler's daughter. Schumler was one of my favorite minor characters in the film, and I think he was grossly underused - not to mention he did seem quite fatherly, when you think about it.

Two suggestions: One, you should change Charlie's name to be a more German name, since she is in fact German. Some examples are Anya or Frieda. Charlie's pretty American/British. Two, Peter's introduction, when he enters Schumler's shop - he tells Lorelei "Guten morgen." But to Lorelei's ears, it would simply be "Good morning." Writing it in German makes the reader think that the character who's listening doesn't speak German, even if she's supposed to be of that nationality. Just a thought.

Anyways, keep it up, and good luck with recovery! It's not too often we find adult writers on this site, I think we'd like to keep the ones we've got! :P

Swing Girl At Heart
Christine Writer chapter 7 . 8/27/2008
Please continue...
josephine chapter 7 . 7/31/2008
U HAVE TO UPDATE :'(
lauren chapter 7 . 7/28/2008
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE UPDATE I CHECK EVERY DAY TO SEE IF YOU HAVE! I WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS NEXT N I LOVE THOMAS/LORELEI
kiara chapter 7 . 7/8/2008
I love this update son :)
QuietOne364 chapter 7 . 6/20/2008
can't wait for more.
Cass chapter 7 . 5/1/2008
can't wait for more
Berria chapter 7 . 4/13/2008
I do have an account I just forgot my password. _!

But you should continue the story! IT'S GETTING REALLY GOOD!

I don't know who else likes this, but I certainly do!

PLEASE CONTINUE!

(is this versing or what?.?)

Berria
Thomas'sOneLove17 chapter 6 . 7/6/2006
this is a really good fic, please update soon! well... Good Luck!

Peace,

Thomas'sOneLove17
xSketchy.and.Spunkx chapter 6 . 3/9/2006
O! Such suspence! I want to know more! Ah I love it. I truely love this story! Update soon! AH! So awesome!
xSketchy.and.Spunkx chapter 5 . 2/11/2006
O! I love this story! Update soon! Ah! So god!
The chapter 5 . 2/4/2006
Wow, this is really good, and it is so nice to finally read something that actually pays attention to the time period and setting of the cannon story line (especially liked the interspersal of the occasional german word). You've done a fantasic job of getting into all the characters: I'm hooked. I really hope you continue this.