Reviews for The King's Mistress
Dreamer chapter 38 . 1/21
This story had been a beautiful ride of ups and downs and clearly well thought-out. It's a gem and I love when I find stories like these on this website, so thank you for writing this and I wish you the best of luck with everything in the future. This is an instant-favorite.

P.S. I appreciate your fresh take on Kagome and Kikyou's relationship. It was a pleasure to read and you captured all the characters' personalities well.
Dreamer chapter 37 . 1/21
Haha leave it to a kid to say that. Go Shippou! Propose, InuYasha! :D

I appreciate the comedy thrown in there at the end. It was a nice break from the angst.
Dreamer chapter 36 . 1/20
I must say that you wrote that beautifully. Grief is just as complex and painful as love sometimes and I appreciate how they all dealt with the loss in their own ways...well done.
Dreamer chapter 35 . 1/20
Oh gosh! You've got me nearly crying! I'm never sure how to feel about Kikyou's character, but I always get emotional when she dies... I'm so happy that she ended on a positive note though and that she and Onigumo can be together properly now, without Naraku or the criticisms of others.

Also, I love how Kagura didn't show up to send off the Queen and that Kikyou and InuYasha couldn't be with Kikyou. I suspected that was the case, but still, yay! :)
Dreamer chapter 34 . 1/20
Uh oh, is demon baby causing problems?

Yay for InuYasha confessing and Kikyou and Kagome being spared from a death sentence! I wonder if Kikyou will be possessed by the child or what will happen now. Off to investigate!
Dreamer chapter 33 . 1/20
Wow! Very powerfully written! You go girl! I haven't read a powerful trial scene like that since I read the NaLu (Fairy Tail) fan-fiction: Trust Me - which I highly recommend, by the way.

By the way, I like the name Gideon for Yuka's crush. I wasn't so sure about Gwen - maybe his nickname? :) He's a good addition to the story.
Dreamer chapter 32 . 1/19
Aww such genuine love... I feel for Kouga right now. You wrote him well. I somewhat wish that we could've experienced more of his perspective through this story, but I'm also perfectly happy with how it's unfolded. I only hope that Kagome does listen to InuYasha this time. I'm worried Naraku will bring to light her feelings for InuYasha or find some other way to hurt her if she goes.
Dreamer chapter 31 . 1/19
I appreciate that Kikyou is trying to repent, though it's cruel that they might not let her give birth before the execution that I suspect this is heading toward...

I suspect InuYasha will not be happy to discover that Kagome and Miroku went behind his back. Looking forward to the next chapter!
Dreamer chapter 30 . 1/18
Awww that was so adorable! I feel so giddy. :) I’m very happy for them - concerned, but happy.
Dreamer chapter 29 . 1/18
Woo! Go girl! Yeah, I think being a human in a land of wolves made her uncomfortable and she really wasn’t able to shine. I worry for her, but as she’s reflecting on what happened, I feel it’s safe to assume she at least will survive.

Also, I’m happy for Ayame and Yuka! :)
Dreamer chapter 28 . 1/18
I love Ayame, and I'm really glad that you've made her and Kagome sorta friends. They can bond over the pain and if they ever get their dream kings, maybe they can be true friends.

Gotta say, I'm worried for Kikyou and about Naraku, but I just wonder how InuYasha will react and when he'll find out...
Dreamer chapter 27 . 1/17
Well, please disregard my last comment about unrequited love. I’d thought that he’d realized his feelings, but apparently not. Another heartbreaking chapter. I find myself worried about Naraku’s plans, as he’s been far too quiet and tame for too long...

Also, yay, Ayame! It sounds like future-Kouga may still be dense to her feelings, but I rather like her and I hope they find happiness together eventually... :)
Dreamer chapter 26 . 1/17
Awww poor Kagome, InuYasha, and Kouga! So much tragedy!

I’m sorry to hear that you’ve received unnecessarily harsh and cruel criticism. I think your pacing and writing is very good. I sometimes offer constructive criticism or comment that I wish for their sake that things were different, but you keep your characters true to themselves and have weaved together a rare gem of a well-written story, so please keep up the good work and don’t let the haters get you down!
Dreamer chapter 25 . 1/17
No! No no no! My poor Kagome... You write well, dolphingirl0113, though I am sad no one ruined the wedding or otherwise stopped it. The love triangle is heart-breaking, though - if you don't mind my saying so - I'm not sure unrequited love makes sense, as neither InuYasha nor Kikyou love each other and InuYasha and Kagome return each other's feelings, but simply aren't in a position to act on them. If it was unrequited, then someone wouldn't love the person that loves them in turn (maybe Kouga?)...

Just one question, will they really have to go through that embarrassing old custom for royals: the Consummation, where several individuals witness the first night of the royal couple? I'm hopeful that maybe it won't be consummated for one reason or another? :)
Dreamer chapter 24 . 1/16
Waaahhh! You're making me cry! Cancel the wedding! C'mon, this is torture. They clearly love each other and no one wants this wedding except those not in the know and those obsessed with reputation - cough, Kikyou, cough - and even then it's debatable!

Loved the running/jumping scene by the way and it was lovely to see them both relax for once and just be happy.
3,359 | Page 1 2 3 4 11 .. Last Next »