Reviews for Deadly Politics
Guest chapter 39 . 3/22/2015
Very nicely done. There just are not many goof fanfics for this genre. I am glad I found this one!
DarkJewelRomani chapter 39 . 6/9/2013
Beautiful story, but ultimately sad. I had hopped to find the ending for the baby. Perhaps you have a sequel sitting in the recesses of your mind?
Guest chapter 29 . 4/18/2013
Sorry.
Breaking Marina is the last straw.
Could overlook the other stuff, but I read for enjoyment and pleasure.
There was no pleasure in this chapter.
I am done.
Good day
Pern Dreamer chapter 39 . 12/25/2010
This was your first fan fiction? WWWOOOWWW!

This is amazing! I love how detailed your characterizations are. I liked the way you paced the story (though I think I might have had trouble waiting for chapters as you were writing).

I'm off to find more of your work.
Brannie chapter 39 . 2/13/2010
Well done, overall! I enjoyed reading it. Sometimes I laughed at how good your characterization of Lucivar was ... he's hilarious. Well, err, when you're not nose to nose with him, at least.

As you said yourself there were some awkward bits, but I understand you didn't have much time to devote. Best of luck, wherever you're at in your studies!

Brannie
Allyssianne chapter 39 . 7/2/2009
Good story. I love the BJT stories and am just waiting for the new one scheduled for release next year. Very, very poignant. I almost cried at the loss of Sadelle and Rael. I need to find my copy of the trilogy and reread it now. BTW do you know of any other good BJT stories especially crossovers?
Kaetien2006 chapter 39 . 1/29/2008
May I say, wow, that's long. I have to thank you though, it was the highlight of my long boring day at work. I was able to read it all in one sitting!

I like how you had Cinta rid Daemon & Lucivar of their memories. As I was reading, I was concerned about Lucivar and Daemon having traveled to Kaeleer; I don't think either of them had been to Kaeleer in the books, and Daemon didn't know how to open the gates.

The other thing that I was wondering about, I don't think Dorthea would have actually gone to Glacia to participate. She was never the type to literally get her hands dirty. Maybe that's just me, but I thought she was too present during the messier scenes, like the torture of poor Mirina, Sadelle & Rael.

It is very well written, you are able to capture the emotions of your characters very well. I do have to agree with an earlier review for this that I saw, that Sadelle's fear of Rael changed very quickly, but since I'm having that same problem with my own story, I can't say much. That's hard.

My biggest compliments for being able to write something this long, I've been trying to do something like this over the last five years with no success. You did very well.

Thanks for the great read, it really made my long day go faster!
Sepdet chapter 39 . 12/31/2007
Well well well...

I must admit that I wasn't expecting to find any particularly good Black Jewels fan fiction. But you have managed to both correct my incorrect assumption and surprise me. While there were moments that I didn't quite buy, overall you have written a throughly enjoyable piece.

Working the original author in made me grin too.

Nice work.

-Sepdet
Kasloumor chapter 39 . 6/25/2007
Thank you for making this huge effort in writing this amazing fanfic
storylistener chapter 39 . 4/18/2007
Good explination of why Daemon and Lucivar think they've never been to Kaeleer before. One question: What happened to Arielle? I have really enjoyed your story. WONDERFUL JOB!
faefay chapter 1 . 3/24/2007
I have just finished this story and enjoyed it very much. I am glad that you did not leave it with a happy ending which I thought might happen. The ending that you wrote fits in much better with the 'reality' of the situations in the Realms at that time. I am glad that Sadelle and Rael went down fighting though. Personally, I am not a fan of the mention of Anne Bishop but that is a individual quirk. I am not often a fan of people mentioning the writer in their stories. I enjoyed the other links to the trilogy especially in the last chapter. ALtogether I found this story engaging and the writing flowed well.
linda chapter 39 . 2/8/2007
i thought that this was a very good story. i have question what about the baby or did i mess that part. oh well please keep dreaming and writing.
Daughter of Night chapter 39 . 12/21/2006
I'm crying now... *sniffle*

I'd really, really hoped you'd allow a happy ending, but I suppose that just wasn't in the cards for most people while Dorothea was alive.

I feel extremely sorry for Mirina, but Sadelle and Rael going down fighting was very fitting. They were just that kind of people to me. *hugs* I'm glad their daughter got away safely, and the locket was a nice touch!

I really liked Reyan's death and partial resurfacing! He definitely didn't deserve a chance to become demon dead, and you wrote the scene perfectly. )

I think you did a good job tieing the story into canon events, and adding Anne Bishop like that made me laugh. I hadn't seen the Kaelas connection coming, but it was nice nonetheless. In fact, the whole last chapter is great!

I love the story, and I'm sorry I slid out of the fandom part-way through it... I'll try to be around more from now on! ;)
piwqefjk chapter 39 . 11/26/2006
The idea for Kaelas is brilliant. And that was a really good story. To give you an idea of how hooked I was: It's 12:57 am (oh crap) and I have school tomorrow - no, wait, I have school today. And I need to wake up at 6:30 . . . Anyway. Thankyou for that brilliant story.
piwqefjk chapter 38 . 11/26/2006
Good way of doing that. And the healing wounds part . . . very apt.