Reviews for Facing the Darkness
wotumba1 chapter 4 . 12/8/2017
so sad those partings... but not forever
wotumba1 chapter 3 . 12/8/2017
he is a true king, whether he looks it or not
wotumba1 chapter 1 . 12/8/2017
poor aragorn, all the sorrows of the world lie upon him
wotumba1 chapter 9 . 9/22/2015
love this Story!
will continue on to "the hidden days of healing" now
PSW chapter 9 . 7/29/2015
This was really good! :-) I admit that I have always been leery of reading LOTR fanfic, and have in fact never done so, because of the vast and complex layering and meaning of the tale itself - I have somehow always wondered if fanfic quite fit for it, if that makes any sense. I came across your story by accident, though, and it caught my eye. I think your characterizations of Aragorn and Faramir were very good, and your dialogue flowed very nicely as well. I'm glad I read this, and I think I'll read the next one now! Thanks so much for your work on this!
catherine10 chapter 9 . 7/26/2015
i love it
Sentinelle chapter 9 . 10/27/2014
Beautiful story! Because of you, I begin to really appreciate Faramir (a character that I didn't know very well). I rather expected Master Aedred, rushing in order to fuss over Aragorn, forcing him to rest in a room, massaging his limbs...
DeepRootsAerNotReached chapter 9 . 2/3/2014
The healer in him was horrified. 'chuckles'

You made me cry again.

Frostless
fantasychica37 chapter 9 . 9/4/2013
You made me almost cry! :)
Abigail Peredhil chapter 9 . 5/7/2013
I really really really enjoyed reading this. Thank you so much for the time and effort you put into it. You represented Aragorn very well and also have an amazing Faramir.
kyoiku kanji chapter 9 . 3/15/2013
And this does leave me with that "Deep breath before the plunge" feeling. Very well done indeed!
kyoiku kanji chapter 8 . 3/15/2013
I also like how you had the sad reflections give way once more to the determination that is the iron will that is Strider. I admit you had me laughing when Eomer found the armor that would fit him AND Aragorn.

I like how you bring back the vambraces he's worn in honor of Boromir.

One nit - I belief Gondorian motives should be Gondorian motifs.
kyoiku kanji chapter 7 . 3/15/2013
(I do feel sorry for the servants who have to deal with the bath... after he's finished) This was nice because again, there wasn't time in the movie to go through all the emotions and the wondering if this is the last *foo* I'll ever have... the last chance to talk to Faramir, the last bath... the last bit of sleep...

And admitting that his dreams may not come to pass- not an easy thing to do- and not an easy thing to rest of the shoulders of the not-yet-king. Again, well done.
kyoiku kanji chapter 6 . 3/15/2013
I don't think I can say enough about this fiction (and I'm never sure if I should comment chapter by chapter or at the end, because good fiction deserves lots of reviews!) This is very well done, and very emotionally packed and I really like the exchange between Aragorn and Imrahil. Yep... you may be acting like a king, but you still dress like a ranger.
kyoiku kanji chapter 5 . 3/15/2013
Thinking about it, because of timing again, in the movies, they didn't really go into just how... horrible the black breath was, how haunting and chilling. I like how you have Aragorn setting things up so that... if he doesn't make it- people are still as taken care of as he can make them.

Very well done.