Reviews for Facing the Darkness
Shadowed Flames chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
Aw... poor faramir!
Arahiril chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
A very promising start, hopefully you'll continue it soon.

Just a random thing - maybe Faramir's scars aren't from Denethor (as most probably think) or perhaps from the recent battle? Mayhap (if this is book-based - since he had a couple of days) he fell into the wrong hands for a bit of a time... just a thought, not meant as anything.

Hope to see a new chapter from you soon, and possibly just a bit longer! Good job!
N Snape chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
oh, please, go on with this! :)
Rosie26 chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
This is enjoyable. I'm looking forward to seeing the development of the relationship between Aragorn and Faramir. And finding out about Faramir's scars! I always think that Aragorn would have tried to be a replacement for both Boromir and Denethor in Faramir's life. Update soon. :)
Raksha The Demon chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
I hope the story isn't over! Where did Faramir get those scars?

I'm not sure that "the lash" would be a normal means of punishment for youthful misbehavior in Gondor or Rohan or even Rivendell ("most young men felt the lash at some time during unruly youth); I would think the belt would be used, sparingly, or slapping/spanking for younger children, or a switch. But that's a minor detail; it's obvious that what was done to Faramir went beyond normal punishment.

Maybe Daddy Dearest decided Faramir deserved additional punishment for relinquishing the Ring.

It makes sense that Aragorn would want to check up on at least a few patients, and have a talk with the new Steward of Gondor, before leaving for the Black Gate. You write Aragorn-the-healer well.

I hope there's more!
Isadora2 chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
Oh, how wonderful to see you already started a new story so soon after "Hidden Days Of Healing" and I am particularly glad to see it will to some degree involve Faramir in addition to Aragorn. The first chapter already feels like a missing part from the book, something we never got to see. You know, since I told you already, I felt the same way about Sam's emotional outburst in HDOH towards Aragorn. It is beautiful that you manage yet again to enrich the already perfect story of LOTR with those moments. Very few authors are able to do that and it is a true gift to us your readers. Thank you so much for that and I am looking forward to more interaction and talks between Aragorn and Faramir, who I always feel to be sadly neglected by fanfic authors.

Wonderful to see you back! :)
clairon chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
Oh my favourite - you can't beat a bit of Aragorn and Faramir (although judging from Faramir's back someone has tried!)

Nice start lindahoyland and it's a pleasure to read your work and thank you as you have spent so much time reading and commenting on mine.

POST MORE SOON PLEASE . . . . .
Evendim chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
Welcome back, mellon-nin, a very powerful beginning! Hanon Lle! E.
Mornflower chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
WOWWIE! This story is very interesting already! Please update soon!

*Mornflower*
sielge chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
Great first chapter! Update soon!
pipinheart chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
Good... Poor faramir,he is so ill at ease as the king tends him...

The lashes on his back, I wonder if his father had done that too him...Please continue, love

this...

great job
Barbara Kennedy chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
*Dance of joy for new story!*

What a wonderful beginning.

More please?
get-rid-of-this-account chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
You just continue to amaze me mre and more. I am really looking forward to further chapters in this story, so please, update soon!
AM chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
Who was beating Faramir and why? I have a guess but need confirmation.

Glad to have you back so soon!
Susan W chapter 1 . 9/23/2004
Augh! Too short a chapter. I do hope you continue this story. I was wondering when you were going to write Faramir into one of your stories. You seem to be reviewing all of the well written Faramir stories that I am currently reading. Your "The Hidden Days of Healing" was very well written (oops, sorry never reviewed that one), however, (sigh) there was no Faramir in that one.

Update soon!