Reviews for Facing the Darkness
Syntyche chapter 9 . 3/14/2010
I'm so glad to have these little moments you've written to fill in some of the gaps ... and I'm looking forward to reading all of the other stories I see you've written.

This story I quite like because it takes so many little things - Aragorn's dressing for battle, for instance - and weaves them into story that, although short, is gratefully read and enjoyed. thank you for posting it!
LisaG16 chapter 9 . 1/5/2010
Excellent story! I'm going to hurry over and read the next one! :)
Hello Anyone There chapter 9 . 12/23/2007
I love this story. You've portrayed Aragorns emotions brilliantly. He seems so wise and kingly.
Rhyselle chapter 9 . 10/16/2006
It has been two years since you finished this story, I see. I truly regret that I have not found your fics before today-I found them by following a favorite author link from another LOTR fanfic writer.

I really enjoyed reading this tale and am about to go to the one this was a prequel to.

The characterization of Aragorn was just right to my mind, and I really liked what you showed of the hobbits in the Houses of Healing as well. Of the things I regretted in the film versions, not seeing Faramir being healed bothered me most, followed by the lack of the Scouring of the Shire. Why could he not have gotten rid of that bloody annoying avalanche of skulls and used those wasted minutes to let us see Fara' healing? *sigh* Well, at least in canon, we see it, and it is extrapolated in the wonderful fics that have been posted here. :)

Thanks for sharing your words.
Neoinean chapter 9 . 10/1/2006
This is another wonderful expansion of Tolkien. You blend the book and the movie together very well, and your own personal touches are welcome additions. I wasn't sure about the thought of Denethor flogging Faramir so, but then I decided that if he floggs everyone who displeases him without regard for their station or importance its just another sign of his descent into maddness, which is much more believable. I tend to favor a more sympathetic view of Denethor (if you can count being cold, emotionally neglectful, and openly playing favorites "sympathetic") so I'm probably biased. Anyway, I really liked this story. Thanks for sharing it!
MarzBar chapter 9 . 2/23/2006
As you can see, I am working through your wonderful stories. Great characterizations.
Mandy chapter 5 . 12/9/2005
I seem to remember reading that Aragorn still considered Pippin to be in the service of Gondor. In fact, when the Hobbits returned to the Shire, Pippin was "on leave." I never did understand that since I, too, thought Denethor had released him.
lucidity chapter 9 . 10/20/2005
Wonderful ending! I will now have to make some time to read the next installment!

Great fic!
lucidity chapter 8 . 10/20/2005
Wow, you sure do know a lot about the armor and such of the time. Bravo.
lucidity chapter 7 . 10/20/2005
Faramir doesn't get very much rest, the poor dear
lucidity chapter 6 . 10/20/2005
Poor Faramir! He keeps ending up feeling foolish in front of Aragorn. I'm glad that Aragorn is not scornful of his 'weakness'.
lucidity chapter 5 . 10/20/2005
Aragorn really does need to tend to himself better and what is up with poor Faramir?
lucidity chapter 4 . 10/20/2005
That was kind of a sad chapter. Poor everyone! Aragorn had better start caring for himself if he hopes to be of any help in the future.

What is up with our dear Faramir? I am currently writing a short story about when he is told of his father's madness. Great minds think alike!
lucidity chapter 3 . 10/20/2005
Poor Pippin, to be thrust into an explanation. Especially since he is not the most well-equipped to deal with delicate situations.
lucidity chapter 2 . 10/20/2005
Poor Faramir! To suffer so much at the hands of one who was to love him unconditionally.
166 | « Prev Page 1 2 3 4 5 .. Last Next »