Reviews for Facing the Darkness
Drylith chapter 9 . 10/22/2004
I loved your story and look forward to reading some of your other work.
shirebound chapter 9 . 10/20/2004
Wonderful. I love that the oaths were given in love, and not fear. Terrific story!
Rosie26 chapter 9 . 10/19/2004
Lovely story Linda, and great last chapter. You've captured the essence of that part of the story really well.
MusicDreamer chapter 9 . 10/19/2004
Aww beautiful story. And now to read the other one. And then I'll read the new one you plan on posting. I'm so happy. Two more stories by you. Keep up the excellent work.
wanderwithme4now chapter 9 . 10/19/2004
Yeah! Please do post another story! I can't wait!
grumpy chapter 9 . 10/19/2004
what a great story, I have enjoyed it a lot. I thought it was a good touch, Aragorn wearing Boramir's cloak. looking forward to your next story.
utfrog98 chapter 9 . 10/19/2004
Loved this as I did the others; PLEASE keep writing. You have great skill with the characters.

If you write romance; please try an Aragorn and Arwen wedding scene.

Thanks - looking forward to your next story.
Barbara Kennedy chapter 9 . 10/19/2004
I stand and applaude this fine story at its completion.

Your writing is well worth waiting for.

I look forward to seeing your next story.
Quickbeam1 chapter 9 . 10/18/2004
Beautiful conclusion! Especially the following lines.

/Aragorn smiled, though fighting to control his emotions. He had fought and survived many battles, but never one in which the odds were as hopeless as they were now.

He hardly felt the pain in his arms and shoulders any longer, so great was the pain in his heart, a sorrow that must be concealed, as it was his duty to inspire his men and calm their fears in the face of almost certain death./

As I've said before, it is so in tune with how Tolkien wrote and had in mind for his characters. It has been a pleasure reading "Facing the Darkness". I look forward to your next selection.
Susan W chapter 9 . 10/18/2004
Excellent ending! The oathgiving was finely written.

A sequel to Hidden Days of Healing would be great. I am glad that you will continue writing LOTR fanfics. It would be nice though if you wrote Aragorn and company returning to Minas Tirith. Don't mean to complain, but, so many authors have written one or more years into the future after the War, but not many have written the days and months after the War. If they do write a story of those days, the story is usually Fellowship members and very little of the Steward if at all or it is just another Fara/Eowyn romance story. I do like to see how they all developed their friendships and see Faramir's reaction to all of those elves from legend converging on Minas Tirith.

Fantastic story! I'm sure I'll like your next one whatever it is, just as long as it is LOTR.
Arahiril chapter 9 . 10/18/2004
I admit that I'm sorry to see this wonderful fic end, but it has been written so well that I can't really complain. My consolation: that you'll be working on a new fic to delight us all with. My highest compliments go to you on this final touching scene between Aragorn and Faramir, and I very much look forward to reading more of your work soon.
Mysterious Jedi chapter 9 . 10/18/2004
Excellent, I will eagerly look forward to your next story.
AM chapter 9 . 10/18/2004
Very well done. One really has to feel for that man (A).

Looking forward to next story.
noxfiction chapter 9 . 10/18/2004
Aw, I'll be sad to see this fic go... :(

I love your writing and I am looking forward to your next fic!

I loved your take on Merry and on Faramir. They're two of my favourite characters (the other being Sam) and you write them better than anyone else that I have read so far.

I hope you put your new fic up soon, I'll definitely read it. Thanks muchly for this one, Merry-2004 x
noxfiction chapter 8 . 10/17/2004
Eomer sneezed as he rooted through a heap of dusty armour, he cursed as he banged his knee against yet another ancient rusted breastplate. - I liked that, alot. Hehe... You write the characters so well! I love reading your fics. Hope to read more soon. x
172 | « Prev Page 1 .. 2 3 4 5 6 7 .. Last Next »