Reviews for The Shape of His Heart
Golden Asp chapter 12 . 6/7
This was amazing. How did I not read this before? I love this! Totally going in my favourites RIGHT THIS STINKING MINUTE!
random-k chapter 1 . 3/9
This is 17 kinds of awesome! The tone fits Rikku quite well, and they are both beautifuly IC
Millenium Ring chapter 12 . 11/24/2014
Okay, you totally nailed the crazy mind that is Rikku. I cannot believe how fantastic this was. I only added it to my 'stories to read' bookmarks on a whim, since I'd take any and all long FFX fics on this site, but I am certainly glad that I read it. There are some authors who just write characters perfectly and I can safely say that you are one of those. I loved the way this began as a simple 'quest' for Rikku to regain her pride and became something so fun and life-changing for both our protagonists. I also kind of guessed that time moved differently for our heroes underground, since none of the other party members had bothered to go after them while they were down there. Made sense. I will definitely look for more of your works now, you fantabulous person! Enjoyable story throughout.
0ptimuspenguin chapter 12 . 3/28/2014
this was literally the best story i've read in a loooong time and i'm so so amazed by how perfectly you portray your chars (especially rikku's narration, which made this fic the best first person i've ever read ever) and by how fluidly and descriptive you write. i read this more or less in one sitting just because your writing was so beautiful and so enthralling that i just didn't want to stop reading! ahhhhh thanks so much for publishing this story, and i look forward to reading more from you !
El Reino chapter 12 . 11/23/2012
You know when you read a story and it kind of leaves this funny little feeling in your chest? When you're so triumphant you got to the end and finally found out what happens, but you're super depressed that it's the end? When you've gotten so wrapped up in something, you don't realize how tightly it's wound around you? Only a couple of stories leave me that way and I try to stray away from them because that feeling will haunt me for days. But I happened to get that feeling with this one. It was an accident, reading this story, but it was a happy accident.

I don't know if you still come on this site, or still read your reviews, but it would be a complete shame if I did not throw you a line. I respect your writing and how deep into character you got. This was a fantastic story and even though there were some things that I wasn't too crazy about, it wasn't enough to make me close the tab on this forever. I consider that to be a sign of a seriously talented writer.

If you're still open to sharing your original work, I would love some. Maybe we can PM each other and work something out?

Thanks for writing,
Nothing Gold chapter 12 . 11/7/2012
Wow. Wow, wow, wow. I love this story so much, its absolutely excellent, congrats on such a great read.
Summercloud chapter 12 . 10/22/2012
What an awesome story! My absolute favorite part of this was Rikku's voice, which you both captured and created so well. I love her to pieces! And I love you, for writing her! I actually read this on your website, so the formatting was great, but I do have to tell you that none of the links to your pictures worked.

It said that if I'm interested in your original fiction I should tell you... Any chance you could email me that info? Thanks!
Pryzeofsin chapter 5 . 6/1/2012
Omg... not only do you write a kick ass aurikku... but your a dune fan! major kudos!
FrozenFragile chapter 5 . 1/8/2012
First order of business: 50 awesome points to you for the Dune reference. :D

Second order of business: The inner monologue you have for Rikku and the dialogue between her and Auron are freaking great. They both seem really in character, to me at least. More so than most fanfics, anyway. The bit about tanks and roller skates was great. (So were Rikku's thoughts on the fayth and cherry ice cream, but that was a few chapters back, I think.) I especially love how you keep them both in character and in such a dismal situation but still stick in plenty of humor. "Domestic violence aside"... *giggle*

Thirdly, last but not least: I don't think I've pointed out yet how truly awesome your spelling and grammar are. I haven't got a single mistake yet despite ready- God, what, 5 chapters so 20,000 words? more?- Anyhoo, I just wanted to say kudos for that. I'm impressed.
FrozenFragile chapter 4 . 1/8/2012
Seriously? SERIOUSLY? He knows they've been going in circles and he hasn't said anything? Cuh uv y rymv-feddat dnumm, ra cruimt pa rihk po rec duac vnus dra nyvdanc... .
FrozenFragile chapter 3 . 1/8/2012
*babble* Wha...? But.. But he's on the sphere! How can it not be... Oh, I'm so confused.
FrozenFragile chapter 2 . 1/8/2012
Review or you'll punch me? Well, well, I can't easily argue with that.

Chappie one was super good, with just one little nit-picking point: the sharp transition between her crying and laughing took me an extra time to read through. I was really confused at first. Other than that, great work. Onward ho. :)
FrozenFragile chapter 1 . 1/8/2012
Ha! That was great. :) I love the way you had Rikku point out how seductive his voice gets (she's totally right, too). This whole leg-bet-thing is gonna be good.
Rexnos chapter 12 . 7/20/2011
I'm very impressed. I've read a lot of fan fiction, a lot of good fan fiction even, but I don't think I've ever read anything that's captured a character quite as adeptly as this piece. Throughout the entire story, Rikku is just Rikku. She's hyper, passionate, and intelligent every second of the story. She's everything the game Rikku was and perhaps a bit more. I could see her, I could feel her and I could understand her. It was amazing.

To balance this high praise, because I'm a critical SoB, I wasn't feeling the early romance too much. Rikku and Auron are trapped in a cave... so? As far as I could tell, one minute they're tolerating each others presence, the next they're head over heels. I can understand a little bonding being stuck in the dark and desperate, but I didn't quite see the timeless bond being formed.

Regardless, this was a great fic. It had a strong story, strong characters and a leading lady who was full of everything good and then some. In addition, I felt a great chunk of the story was pretty deep, life lessons, philosophy, etc and so forth. All in all, I'm very impressed. Have no doubt I'll be perusing the rest of your writing at a more decent hour (since it's 2 AM now... _;).

Great work,

dreamsofthings chapter 12 . 5/21/2011
I really enjoyed this; you write well.