Reviews for Of Pink Silk and White Linen
StrangerWays chapter 8 . 5/31/2013
I found this story to be good. We write alike but you are much more organized than I am. You go from scene to scene to flashback to scene and to different perspectives its quite difficult to do but you've found a way. Says good things on your part.

Anyway, I found this story good not great. Only because I'm confused on certain parts, such as Phoebe knowing about Helga and Riley and Gerald not knowing them. I would think he would be upset with Phoebe for lack of communication but then again I couldn't find an explanation.

I liked how Helga turned out, I did find it sad she never enjoyed the pleasures of life, that being romantic pleasures. But she became successful and raised her son rightly so.

I disliked having Arnold and Helga together. I find it hard to believe that he could ever love Helga romantically if he hadnt done it in their adolescence.

I just found this contradictive but on my part bit yours. Realistically Helga and Arnold wouldn't be together but also realistically if you loved only one person it makes sense that you would only want that person no matter the pain. So I guess it would happen.

I found the ending to be unfinished. Mostly because Riley didn't appear. If Riley at the end said something into Helga's and Arnold's future it could be finished but to me it wasn't. I liked not knowing if it would work or not because secretly I wouldn't want it to. But somehow it just felt unfinished, cause of no Riley action.

My favorite part in the story was the flashback of the title of the story, Helga's poem. Absolutely beautiful. Wonderful job on that! In a way the poem foretold what future Helga and Arnold would always have. Unfortunately not a good one, or the one everyone wants, a happy one.

I suppose for the couple in your fic they should just remain apart, they do so much better apart.

I'm being really analytical and sensitive when it comes to this, not sure why. Maybe it hits home somewhere but in other words. I enjoyed thinking. Lol

Nice job. I find you to be a wonderful author.
Parkeraa chapter 9 . 5/6/2012
Okay I just read this fanfcition and i have to say is that you need to update. Please update!
Agunimon1000 chapter 9 . 8/28/2011
It kinda left us hangin, but its an okay ending. I really want to see the events happening before they come to a conclusion though. so... CONTINUE _
Ardent Ly chapter 9 . 1/17/2011
Amazing story! I love the way you commit to Helga's feelings. Excellent job!
anlmoon chapter 9 . 6/13/2010
a very well done story, interesing plot, and the poem is very nice.
Yardbird9 chapter 9 . 3/31/2005
A well thought-out story!

It flowed very smoothly.

I also liked your dialogue, since it was very crdible.

I like how you had both Arnold and Helga not really communicating directly with each other, which results in misunderstandings.

The flashbacks were very good.

Nice poem of the title.
dins chapter 9 . 1/29/2005
WOI! I DEMAND A CONTINUATION! ARRGGHH! I was up all night reading the WHOLE thing, I thought it was wickedly awesome! But the ending was disappointing! It's a classic ending, but I don't agree that it's the right ending for this. You know how you had 2-3 more chapters, could you at least post them or mail them to me! Please!

I mean, the flow of the story, the detail, it was all great, but please don't stop at that. I wanna see Arnold fall in lurrve and him to find out about her childhood infactuation with him and the whole lot! There are just too many possible outcomes to this story and I'm sure if you continue it, it'll be one heck of a fanfic. I'm am practically begging for some sort of continuation to rest my romantic soul! C'mon! Like you said, you take your reviews in VERY high regard so mean it! For a Helga Arnold Fan! I plead!

From Yours Truly.
ni9htdreame12 chapter 9 . 1/12/2005
is there more! wow!
Spastic Bookworm chapter 9 . 10/18/2004
That was WOW! I loved it. I think that made a good ending too. But I think there should be a sequal. If there is, I will def. read it!
raine84 chapter 9 . 10/12/2004
Damn. You are great writer. I'm glad I stubbled across you. Now I definitly have to read your other stories. I hope they are even better.
Bloody Heartless chapter 9 . 10/11/2004
wow! I really can't wait for the next one!

~ Tien Yun Goddes(s)
Lord Malachite chapter 9 . 10/7/2004
I vote that you should continue this story to it's conclusion. Beginning a new one, even a sequel, is a daunting task. And since you already have other ideas in your head that are worth pursuing, I feel it would be a mistake to spread yourself too thin. I would finish this one, then move on to the next project. However, I stand by whatever decision you make. Your story has been a most entertaining read, worth looking for updates each day. Keep at it!
The Fuzy Llama chapter 9 . 10/6/2004
*thinks a while* I think the medieval/alternate universe thing sounds like it will be great... the one when they're 16 sounds pretty good, especially if it's angsty. (mwhahahahaha!)If you would be juggling to do those two and the sequel to this one, you could always go back to the sequel later. But, it's your choice in the end, so make of my meaningless rambling as you will.
olduserbc chapter 9 . 10/6/2004
For some unknown reason, I despise sequels. So obviously, I recommend that you wrap up this story in a few more chapters and be done with it. I don't feel the end of chapter eight is complete enough. Of course, this is YOUR decision. Do what you really feel is best, and I'll read it either way.

As for the one-shot, it was very enjoyable. It held a sort of bleak-but-hopeful atmosphere that I loved reading. After you figure out what you're going to do with "Of Pink Silk and White Linen", you definitely need to send this baby out on its own. It deserves a posting all to itself.

-BC
Shinji Langley chapter 9 . 10/6/2004
Hmm, perhaps you should go straight to the sequel. The ending of chapter 8 works just about well enough for a total ending (that poem was superb by the way)

About the others, the story where they're all 16 sounds appetizing. It's a theme that many authors have done before, but few have truly succeeded in doing. With the way you write you should be able to pull off a great fic though.

Also, nice job on that one shot, pretty cool stuff.
54 | Page 1 2 3 .. Last Next »