Reviews for The Story of the Snicket Siblings
nadeyatsya chapter 20 . 5/29/2012
While this story is very good so far- might i infom you that the term "sugar bowl" means a "large sum of money" not a literal bowl.

Just thought youd like to know- great job, by the way!
Sugary Snicket chapter 32 . 6/7/2005
Wow, you are a good writer! Please review mine! It's a poem called "The Ballad of the Baudelaires", and it's under the regular section. I don't have a c2 community to belong to yet. WAH! I'M HOMELESS!
Sugary Snicket chapter 30 . 6/7/2005
That explains why he writes about the Baudelaires! Man, this story is kewl!
Sugary Snicket chapter 27 . 6/7/2005
Wow, you DO scare me...
L.C. Techno chapter 32 . 6/6/2005
Well written especially the beginning line of the book.
Sugary Snicket chapter 22 . 6/5/2005
It better all be good, or I'll whip you with a wet noodle! ;)
Sugary Snicket chapter 20 . 6/5/2005
You're right, that is funny! LOLOLOLOLOL!
Sugary Snicket chapter 18 . 6/5/2005
OMG, this is so good, I'm hooked on it!
Sugary Snicket chapter 13 . 6/5/2005
That explains the bowler hat!
Sugary Snicket chapter 10 . 6/5/2005
You're Olaf thingy is frightening! Ooh, I've got the shivers!
visualpurple chapter 32 . 6/4/2005
Aw! Such a nice story! You know, at the beginning of this story I thought it was a bit shaky and I thought you would either never finish it, or make it terrible. But I am happy to say you proved me very wrong. Great fanfic! Write another! (wink wink)
Ameraka chapter 32 . 6/2/2005
Awesome story! I don't have any ideas now since it's 10:40 p.m. But good luck with your next one, I'll be sure to read it. Have fun in Germany!
kaput chapter 32 . 6/2/2005
That last image was very powerful; I literally felt as if I was there in the tower with Lemony, the description was that well-crafted. I like your inclusion of the "If you are interested in stories with happy endings..." line, as well. While your ending may not have been happy, it was satisfying, and I think that that's what a good ending should be, so bravo.

As to what your next story should be about... I have no idea (I know, I'm rather unhelpful; I apologize). But I will read it, no matter what its nature is. A chance to enjoy more of your splendiferous writing is simply too good to pass up. :)
kaput chapter 1 . 6/1/2005
Ack, don't I feel embarrassed. In my review, I meant 'Daniel' Handler, not David... dunno what came over me, but around where I live it's rather late and I'm dead tired.

*goes off to cower in shame*

At any rate, update soon!
kaput chapter 31 . 6/1/2005
I have only just finished this fic, having blown through it in the past two days, unable to put it down (or should I say 'exit the browser?' I dunno). Anyway, I think it's magnificent. I especially love the way you have managed to capture the original feeling of the books, how you use the same, light, but still tangible cynicism that David Handler uses. Your word choice also emulates the original series.

In addition, I like how you've stayed true to the characters of Lemony, Beatrice and the others, a grand feat indeed when there is almost no material on them in the books themselves; everything is implied. And yet You write these people exactly as I might have imagined them myself, and, I think, in a way that mirrors the canon. Of course, with Olaf it's a different story than with, say, Mr. and Mrs. Baudelaire, but I also think you've captured him quite well, and Esme, and the troupe. Yes, overall, your characters are just great. In fact, the whole story is great. I even put it on my favorites list. I can't wait for more!