Reviews for House of Fire
Avalon Estel chapter 1 . 3/10/2005
Incredible. Simply and utterly incredible. I felt so bad for her the whole time, because she must have loved her children beyond reason, and to see her defending them... It was just amazing. Your first time writing her? I would never have known. This was so perfect. On my fav. stories, this one is.

And Maglor is MINE!

~Avie~
CrimsonEnchantress chapter 1 . 12/4/2004
Wow. That was really good. Good in that...it was different, you know? Most of Tolkien's works fail to acknowledge the women, the wives, but I like how you portrayed her. It was...a fresh way to look at it.

Nice style. I liked how you went from one son to the other, oldest to youngest.

It was also really angsty. Which was nice.

Really good job. I always loved Feanor and his family.
finch too lazy to log in chapter 1 . 10/18/2004
Interesting portrayal of Nerdanel by means of her sons, though privately I think she shouldn't feel so guilty - they were under no obligation to take that Oath; after all she didn't do it either.

Beautifully written, too; I like the rhytmic quality of your prose. And thanks for your reviews!
Noldo chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
That was very nice indeed. Nerdanel is beautifully realised, and I think that for a first try at the character, it was, frankly, outstanding.

This line particularly affected me: 'I cannot see a blood-drenched sword where a lyre should be.'

Also, thanks for reviewing several of my Silm-fics. I'm much obliged.

Noldo
Ann Nonny - Ms chapter 1 . 10/7/2004
Mr...Nice. XD
UniCornVampire3z chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
cool. i like it, it's very desciptive and relaxing, interesting. i read (and am in the slow prosess of rereading) the simarillion, and the ways this is writting, the lilt of this, makes the stories seem more alive, not like a history manuel, that seems to be the simmarillion. (can't spell to save my life). wow, she really does seem quite taken by grief. liked this i did!
Roisin Dubh chapter 1 . 9/25/2004
As always, lovely and elegant prose and introspection from you, Isilme.

Good balance of the good in the sons with what the father twisted them into...

And I like the idea of letting them live in infamy for their deeds, but let them not be cursed.

Brava!
Miriel Amarian chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
For a first try at Nerdanel, this was excellent. Why were you so worried? She was one character I always felt a lot of sympathy for. I never actively hated Feanor until he left her and caused the death of his whole family.

I did like the way you did Caranthir and Maedhros. Malgor too, he really was the sweetest of the sons.
captianjack chapter 1 . 9/24/2004
you are a damn good writer you stubborn ass. now im gonna go IM you. keep up the psycho-ly good work

:D :D :D