Reviews for Short Attention Span Theatre
nekogirl017 chapter 1 . 10/25/2013
Well, that's odd! The title of this story is also my Nick-name!
BlondieMarie24 chapter 2 . 11/22/2011
I love the part where Carrie asks him what was mommys favorite sesame character and he goes Oskar the grouch she based her life on it made my day
Anonymous chapter 13 . 8/18/2011
I think that it's totally racist for the child you were babysitting not to be allowed to play with another child just because he/she has a different ethnicity.. But point made, this is a very good story :)
Anonymous chapter 12 . 8/18/2011
I totally loved the way danny brought up flying & falling & all that which eventually turned into a metaphor of love & all that :) really well done!
Harmonious Wolf chapter 4 . 8/16/2011
I am not afraid to admit that this one made me cry. Especially the song's lyris. ~Har~
Closed Parentheses chapter 4 . 4/1/2011
That's 'laid,' not 'layed,' for the past tense of 'lay.' But at least you had the right usage and didn't say something like 'laying on a bed' or 'lied down a rose.'

The characterizations were pretty much totally absent here. I get that in a situation of this extremity reactions are extreme, but not everyone has the same extreme reactions, and I honestly doubt that Sam would pray and even more that Danny would bother to 'hate God.' Danny doesn't live in a mental universe where God is even a tangentially relevant concept; his cosmic forces are things like /Clockwork/. He was raised in a household that does absurd things 'for science!' and believes in ghosts without apparently feeling the need to believe in souls; it's likely 'God' is a thing that turns up only in Christmas specials and books from previous centuries that Lancer makes you read.

Praying just in case seems very unlikely from Sam because she doesn't like to even owe favors. The God of Abraham and Moses is opposed to most of her ideals. And speaking of Christmas specials-she's a Jew, which means different things to different people, but as an ethnic identity generally involves (even) less actual religiosity than maintaining a self-image as Christian, especially among the financially well-off in modern America. And given this is Sam...yeah. Still, we don't see as much of her private life, so I can accept the idea that (especially since she loves her grandma so) she might try praying in an extremity in which she was otherwise helpless.

Which also: Matt is, technically, as the offspring of a Jewish mother, ethnically Jewish as well. Huh. Cool. I may write a Danny Phantom childfic just to explore that.

Then on a personal level Sam seems more likely to go around shouting at everyone who wasn't Matt and engaging in property damage when she couldn't stand to be at the hospital anymore, and Danny would be the one falling apart and going into depression, or flying around the ghost zone looking for a magic cure. Jazz would be making sure the two of them ate, or trying to.

Also there might be blaming of the grandparents going on, since their weird inventions might be radio, know...~something~ other than that one passing reference to Danny complaining about being half-ghost to make this a fanfiction and not just a highly-generic short story about a couple and their dying son.

But you were using these lyrics, so I guess you were pretty constrained to the stuff in the song, which meant a religious tone from Fenton and a weepy Sam. And a cliche count of /thirty-four/.

I've lost three people to cancer, and each of their deaths was unique, and involved different memories and personal dynamics, and hurt in a different way. This is just...I mean, you didn't just wipe out canon personalities, you gave the kid himself none at all. Ten is old enough to have quite a lot of defined character. It's hard to get emotionally invested in a transparent plot device.
anonymous baka chapter 17 . 9/26/2010
This is good. Just one error on the lyrics though: It's "Wind blows, the dead leaves fall" not "When showed the deadly fall".

That is all! _
Donteatacowman chapter 17 . 10/26/2009
Not to be nitpicky, but may I please correct some of the lyrics? :)

Your lyrics

The corrected (according to my knowledge) lyrics

When showed the deadly fall

Wind blows, the dead leaves fall

Your heart abandoned

Your heart has mended

Your walls now perishing

You're wrong; now bear the shame

Like a bad dream in December

Like pleasant dreams in cold December

Otherwise, scary/sad story but good job. :) Thanks for writing.
Donteatacowman chapter 13 . 10/26/2009
Author’s note: I’m apologizing if I offend anyone. Or maybe I’m not, maybe if this offends you, you need a reality check. I live in a small 95 white town. I just got fired from an uptown babysitting job because I let the girl play with an African American child who was at the park. So I’m taking a break from Taking Over Me right now because I feel this point needs to be made.

O_o Geez, where do you live, the 50's?

But seriously, I'm sorry that anything like that would happen, especially near you.
Donteatacowman chapter 9 . 10/25/2009
Mm, I don't believe candy hearts are vegetarian. (They have gelatin in 'em.) But otherwise, that has got to be one of the sweetest (no pun intended) way to propose I've heard of so far. :D Aw...
Donteatacowman chapter 3 . 10/25/2009
Aw, adorable!
Donteatacowman chapter 1 . 10/25/2009
Oh geez, that's miserable. Good job giving it an optimistic ending, though.
omgmyyouth chapter 17 . 7/13/2007
All of these one shots are great!

~Proud member of WUAC!~
FieryPhoenixSong chapter 4 . 1/24/2007
Oh my goodnes...I'm crying. I love stories like this...but, as that quote in Lord of the Movies (movies) "No Parent should ever have to burry a child."
Trumpet-Geek chapter 17 . 9/2/2006
Awesome one-shots! I love reading collections of one-shots in one story. These one-shots were amazing!