Reviews for The Scribe's Crystal
divestio chapter 3 . 7/12/2008
Well, I know it has been a couple of years since this story was active, but I did notice a couple of things in the 3rd chapter that need to be pointed out. I think they normally take a floo to the Leaky Cauldron and then catch the Hogwarts Express to Hogsmeade. It is a very long trip and takes several hours by train. Once they arrive in Hogsmeade, which is just down the road from Hogwarts, they take the carriages up to the castle. If they were not taking the train, they would have to use a portkey to get to Hogsmeade to meet the carriages. Just a minor detail.
risi chapter 13 . 4/23/2007
I was reading your oneshot, Seen and Unforseen, when I decided to look at your other stories and found this story. I've so enjoyed it and only wish I had read it when you first wrote it, but this is definitely a favorite story. I know it's been quite awhile and you probably aren't interested in writing anymore about this story, but I have a burning question. Is Snape completely human? In the cavern Bellatrix wondered if his kind could die and in the last chapter when Dumbledore appealed to Snape as a fellow human being and to look to his humane side, the impression is left that there is something not quite human about Snape. Also later when they were discussing Hermione's affection for Snape and Dumbledore said it was not in Snape's nature to care for anyone that way, I had to wonder why not? Either he's not human or a eunuch. ;-) Anyway it's left me wondering and I wonder if you had a back story behind it all that you had intended to write and then decided not to. I admit I was also quite intrigued as to how Snape became a Death Eater since there were hints that it wasn't quite all his own idea and maybe he wasn't as willing as everyone seems to think. Anyway, loved this story. :-)
Ezmerelda chapter 13 . 11/21/2005
Lovely story!

Your writing is crisp and clear, the plot was well-thought-out, and that twist at the end of chapter 12 was very interesting!

Thanks for writing! "
Lydia chapter 10 . 7/17/2005
OMG I just read chapter two of HBP and already I'm in serious need of counselling. Everything I refused to believe is apparently TRUE. I dread to read on :( Can I tempt you to send me an e-mail (wnn106475 tiscali . nl - without the spaces obviously) in order to discuss the shocking truth (shocking, to me at least)? If not, that's OK, but please don't stop writing wonderful romantic stories about our man!
Lydia chapter 13 . 7/15/2005
You managed to complete your story before the publication of HBP - well done! I do hope you will return to fanfiction in between books 6 and 7.

I don't really worry about whether Snape's a double-agent or not - I mean I've convinced myself he isn't ;) And I don't think he needs redemption at all! Everyone seems to be absolutely sure that he's evil and that he joined Voldemort for all the wrong reasons and then later changed his mind, but I won't believe it until I see it printed in black and white in a book written by Rowling herself. Who knows, he might have joined the Death Eaters in order to help someone. Ah well, it may all just be wishful thinking. And you're right - all those romantic fanfictions would look slightly silly if he turned out to be a dark wizard after all. But let's keep the faith LOL. Enjoy HBP and see you :)
FemmeLoki chapter 13 . 7/14/2005
Aw... I won't go again. But you're not writing anymore? :*( T'is a shame, it was a wonderful ending. So, where is this Severus Snapeics Annonymous? I believe I would like to join.
ThouandI chapter 13 . 7/14/2005
I can't believe we have reached the end, but what an ending it was. You really set things up for the final battle and I like the transformation in Hermione. I don't know what more there is to say, but great work. Happy reading on the 16th.
Emma Barrows chapter 13 . 7/14/2005
LOL Yep I'm like soo excited!

Anyway, wonderful chapter. I'm really loving it

Emma
Lydia chapter 12 . 7/12/2005
A little later than I promised, but better late than never. This was another great chapter. You write really well and I love the attention you give to tiny details. The Sirens are great. I'm a little worried about your plans for Snape though, based on previous chapters: Bellatrix made a remark to him about "your kind" and the way he seemed to be able to fly in the previous chapter was slightly creepy. Just to let you know, I have absolute faith in canon Snape; I'm sure he has a hidden agenda but that doesn't necessarily make him evil (in fact, I'm convinced he's quite the opposite. I hope Rowling won't disappoint me). I like the mystery plot in this story (it's much better than in both your Andi stories - well-written though they were) - what is it Lupin and Snape will have to do to save Hermione? Oh and just wondering: how could anyone have mistaken the body of a 40-something-year-old for a schoolgirl's?

OK, I'm ready for your next update :) See you!
FemmeLoki chapter 12 . 7/11/2005
No alcohol, just not a lot of sleep! Same affect, really... I can't believe Snape had no sarcastic remarks or demands when HP and Ron showed up.

Hermione's gone to the Dark Side! Use the Force, Harry! Use the Force!
Queen of the Faeries1 chapter 12 . 7/11/2005
Ooh, cliffhanger. This was sort of a bridge chapter so I'm not quite sure what to say about it. I do have a bit of a question though. Two chapters ago, you mentioned that Neville had received three of those locating mirrors, which means that they're pretty common. But wouldn't that make these sorts of situations negligible then? With the Marauders' Map, it was pretty damn cool and pinpointed where everyone in the castle was, but there was only one of them, and it had defenses. It seems slightly too easy. Then again, it might just be because I'm irritable from all this hot weather. If you'd like, I could beta the last chapter for you and have it back to you the same day, but I don't know when you want it up. My email is if you decide to take me up on it.
ThouandI chapter 12 . 7/11/2005
How could you leave us there? I don't think that was very nice, but I will let you off the hook, since I know you have been very speedy in getting out this story. I didn't expect this turn of events nor for Hermione to be gone that long. Can't wait to find out what happens next.
Emma Barrows chapter 12 . 7/11/2005
Hey

You welcomed! what's new?

Anyway, great chapter! I'm looking forward to reading more

:D

Emma
Lydia chapter 11 . 7/11/2005
You're updating faster than I can review! To my horror I just found another chapter notification in my mailbox.

This was a great chapter.

Will read the next one tonight and will review immediately. I Promise lol! See you :)
Queen of the Faeries1 chapter 11 . 7/10/2005
I don't get the internet for five days and wow, there's two new chapters. I love this last chapter-it's so packed full of movement, in action, plot, and emotion. Again, I love your Snape oh-so-very-much. He's like he usually is-slightly petty and snarky and an underdog, and he complains about the injustice of Ron not being expelled, which I can completely see happening. But I also love the scene where he flies toward Harry and Ron to ask where Hermione is. The imagery of that is great. By the way, another scene of that Snape-runflying is in "What E'er Therein is Promised", Deeble's story on Ashwinder, another great story, and the two flying scenes just seemed to coincide in my memory. I think there's two more chapters left? You've got a lot to solve in those two. I'm really looking forward to them. Picked up two typos reading through: 1) PORING over the texts, rather than pouring, near the beginning Chapter 10; 2) Where TO next, rather than TOO, midway through chapter 11.