Reviews for Avoiding the Angel
PrincessFlame91 chapter 1 . 4/14/2007
Wow. That was a great story. The characterization was really deep and I felt like I really understood what Ran was feeling. I felt so sorry for Yohji, though. He loves Ran so deeply, but Ran could care less. Or is it that he's in deep denial? The last paragraph was sweet, yet unbelievably sad at the same time. Great job! This is definitely one of my favorites.
Bishieluv chapter 1 . 9/24/2006
This would be so sweet, if it wasn't so sad. Poor Aya!
AeryonSun chapter 1 . 10/25/2005
I have no words for that...it was magnetic? Yeah, magnetic and sad. So thick with emotion and drama. I noticed the genre was angst, but god that word is almost an underestimet of this stroy. I don't think I ever read a story so...well...SAD.
wanling chapter 1 . 8/27/2005
hey there, i think you did a great job with the characterisation. glad to see some original and creative work around on enjoyed the very honest, genuine, believable and authentic perspective. on the whole, a great job done, wish more would appreciate it :)
Rosemarykiss chapter 1 . 5/9/2005
That's really sweet.
sootsprite chapter 1 . 3/26/2005
mwa...oh god. beautifully written, absolutely confincing, and completely tears at your emotions. just...wow. brilliant.
LoneCayt chapter 1 . 2/23/2005
I suppose I should tell you how much I love this story now that I've read it several times over the last few months. I really like how you characterize Aya as sort of having a dual nature... he's suitably pleased and doesn't hate, but at the same time, he dislikes Yohji and everything he's brought into his life. It adds a lot of depth to Aya's character. Plus, I always envisioned Aya as being on the manic depressive side. It just fits.
Hakudoshi-chan chapter 1 . 12/29/2004
This was very lovely and cute
eMu3 chapter 1 . 11/10/2004
Ah...I am convinced that a relationship between Aya and Yohji would HAVE to end up something like this. I love seeing people try to write it with them deeply in love and whatnot, but I am convinced due to their opposite personalities on Aya's side it wouldn't really be reciprocated. Good job, liked it a lot. It's so cute how hard Yohji tries. Poor guy. I also enjoyed the romance novel no one would take responsibility for yet everyone read.
Vampire Louis chapter 1 . 10/12/2004
O_O

...

Wow.

I... just... wow. I honestly can't say anything more to this and expect it to do any justice. Congratulations, that's a first. Props for an absolutely amazing job well done.

-VL
fan of story chapter 1 . 10/2/2004
Wow...It's been awhile since I've read anything that made me cry. That was beautiful! It was quite nice to read something not full of spelling and grammatical errors either. If you can keep with the style and not lose anything I would love for you to continue this story. It would be perfect if Aya eventually feels (really feels) the love he shares with Yohji.
Leokitsune chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
Cold dead Aya. Is he frozen all the way through, or is it just a layer that needs to be thawed to get to the warmth underneath? So hard to tell. I guess that's what another chapter would tell us, maybe (hopefully)? The idea that the Weiss boys had a romance book that they all read in the bathroom was pretty amusing to me. Especially Ken. Good story! I'm a sap. I'm hoping for a happy ending.
Rebound chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
O.o omg.. that was insanely sad... i WAS in a good mood.. kinda.. okay i wasnt.. lol.. Anyway, i loved that! ... man, i cant even think of what to say... lol.. just really awsome.. and well writen.. and so depressing.. and im rambling again, and using far to many "..." lol _
E chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
sad. Poor Aya. Maybe Yoji will someday make him feel again, at least anger or irritation. Yoji irritates everybody!