Reviews for Autumn Rains
A random passer-by chapter 1 . 8/22/2006
Wow. Very, very, very nice. Characterization is amazing, description is wonderfull, and the angst... M, angst. Good job, this is on my list of favourite IX fics, for sure. Keep up the good work.
Black Jester chapter 1 . 11/25/2004
Keeping Freya IC is a very difficult thing to do - not to mention keeping Amarant reasonably characterised! - and this was a good show of how to do so.

*nods* My hat's off to you.
Sliz chapter 1 . 10/15/2004
mate, that ruled, I loved the way youdid the characters, theres definitly no problem, probably the best story i've read on for a long time now, please make it into a multi chapter!

Slizano
Shido chapter 1 . 10/5/2004
Very, very well done. Freya has always been one of my favorite characters and you have done an excellent job with staying in chacater with her. Kudos to you.

BTW this is going on my favorites list.
Freya rule chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
*sniff* This made me cry so much!
Guardian1 chapter 1 . 9/27/2004
I really enjoyed this. The 'autumn' imagery was subtle and set the whole tone for the story, which was poignant and bitter and lonely and lovely, and your characterisation of Freya - especially a Freya partial to alcohol in her bad moments, a bit of fanon that I'm rather partial to as part of her make-up - is spot-on. Their friendship is comfortable without being touchy-feely, they're brutally frank with each other, and Freya not being quite the pillar of strength she usually is works. (I *loved* Freya's tendency towards extended vocab when she's sloshed. Hilarious stuff.)

There were a few minor punctuation errors - your tendency to put a full-stop in a sentence of dialogue while carrying on with the speaker afterwards ('"...No." he glanced at her once more '... for instance) can be a little jarring, but otherwise your use of language is brutal and compelling, making it very easy to overlook these tiny wee things. I can't really comment on Fratley having an affair, since we got to see so little of it and any possible reasons - so I am hoping that this will be delved into at a later date. Not that we got to see what kind of man Fratley was in the first place in the game; it is just extra sad for Freya to be hung up on such a git.

Please do write more, though waiting until November will be a hard wait! This is an excellent piece and continuation would just be gravy.