Reviews for Court and Spark
the brown cow chapter 1 . 2/24
Great little mint series
Lord Yellowtail chapter 1 . 7/4/2013

I hope you're doing well. I just wanted to drop you a quick note to say how much I loved this story. I just re-read it again and it's still just as adorable and heartwarming as it was the first time. Lots of stories focus on Trip as the "outsider" trying to learn to live with someone who processes emotions so differently than he does and how to demonstrate and recognize expressions of love between them.

Not many stories try to do this from T'Pol's POV, and even fewer do it well. You and Rigil Kent (who writes the Endeavor and Divergent Paths AUs) are my two favorite Trip/T'Pol authors in large part because you both do such a great job of getting into T'Pol's head. I also love your depiction of Trip's parents. They're such a real, genuine couple, and you show their Southern heritage without turning them into cliches. I'm from Texas, so I really appreciate that. :) In fact, you've done a great job with all of Trip's extended family.

T'Pol's relationship with Trip's mother is especially sweet. I melted a little when T'Pol started referring to her in her head using the Vulcan word for mother in law. It shows a level of acceptance and comfort with her relationship with Trip and his family that the show never had to ability or will to give us.

I think my favorite thing about this story is that by the end, T'Pol considers Florida *her* home and Trip's family *her* family. It's underplayed and a natural progression of what happens in the story, and demonstrates in a few short sentences how much T'Pol has changed from the Vulcan she was in the Enterprise pilot.

(Great cameo by Soval, as well. I really like him when he's written like this: the dichotomy between the diplomat forced to toe the party line and the much more reasonable, compassionate (yes, I think Vulcans can be compassionate, in their own way) man underneath that cares so deeply for T'Pol. His rant about being told off by a little human girl is priceless.)

I know it's been years since you've written this, but if you ever decided to come back to the "Court and Spark AU" I'd love to see how this version of Trip and T'Pol and the Tucker family dealt with Terra Prime and little Lizzie. There's an innocence about the Tucker family, even after the Expanse and Elizabeth's death in the Xindi attack, and part of me can't help wondering how they'd deal with something so unspeakably evil. Having seen how well T'Pol interacted with some of the younger Tucker children before baby Elizabeth, I'd wonder how that would change...

Thank you for the great story.
phoenex chapter 10 . 10/15/2011
I loved this story :)
Jacqueline Roget chapter 10 . 1/20/2008
Alelou chapter 10 . 9/9/2007
Sweet and convincingly in character even with all the hilarious havoc being wreaked. Very nice. Thanks!
ga-4-ever chapter 10 . 3/16/2007

I discovered your story only today or better I finished it today... And I really like it, especially that the Tuckers have been so friendly to T'Pol;)

I'd like to read some more stories from you...
coldqueen chapter 10 . 3/8/2007
Ohh...I love it! I'm slightly confused as to what he was recovering from...but I still LOVE IT!
KEmperor chapter 10 . 2/26/2007
That was a nice ending, I enjoyed it. I hope you plan to write another one.
Sea9262 chapter 10 . 2/20/2007
That was great! Thank you.
Rusty4Coke chapter 10 . 2/16/2007
This story is so beautfully written! i love it! so going to read it again!
Kate Andromeda chapter 10 . 2/12/2007
One of the best stories I have read recently. All chacaters are so well draw especialy T'Pol. Thank you for sharing that.
MizJoely chapter 10 . 2/12/2007
But...but...this CAN'T be the end. Can it? It's lovely, so well written, everyone having their own distinctive voices, the humor so well done...this is one of my favorite Trip/T'Pol stories. Period. Please write more. Someday?
Cpt. Ritter chapter 10 . 2/11/2007
Lovely ending, absolutely lovely. And while I haven't had the wait, I understand that a good story has to have a solid end. This is the solid end. Wonderful work.
bianca89 chapter 10 . 2/11/2007
I'm so happy to see this finished. What a wonderful parting gift!
Cpt. Ritter chapter 9 . 2/6/2007
Oh wow... this is a very very good piece of fiction. I enjoyed every minute of it, even with the zaniness of the Tucker family, in all honesty, I could expect it. Very good. I look forward to the epilogue.