Reviews for Beginning
lilmouse chapter 1 . 11/5/2004
Bella Luna,

My apologies for not reviewing your story sooner. I'm not familiar with the musical - I gather it's about the Wicked Witch of the West - but I enjoyed this piece, regardless.

Your writing is very evocative. Good work!

Mouse :)
deaver chapter 1 . 10/3/2004
Interesting. Full of potential, but so short and uneventful. You have a beautiful style of writing, a little like some of the classic legends of the fantasy field, but more romantic and poetic, and thus uniquely evocative. I'd love to see this emotional, vivid style you have used for a longer atsmospheric fantasy telling the rest of Elphaba's story. I mean, we know that someone's going to have to do it eventually, and I think your style would be perfect for capturing it in a form that would be as affecting as Schwartz's music.

If you're stuck for ideas, just get a copy of "Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz", "The Land of Oz", or "The Emerald city of Oz", then take the child-oriented adventures in the lands outside Oz portrayed in these books, and apply the Maguire-Holzman treatment to them, raising moral questions that are obvious, yet were never intended to be asked. I'd do it myself, but my own very heavy, ironic style is utterly unsuited to creating a musical effect. You have a gift for that sort of thing. Use . Full of potential, but so short and uneventful. You have a beautiful style of writing, a little like some of the classic legends of the fantasy field, but more romantic and poetic, and thus uniquely evocative. I'd love to see this emotional, vivid style you have used for a longer atsmospheric fantasy telling the rest of Elphaba's story. I mean, we know that someone's going to have to do it eventually, and I think your style would be perfect for capturing it in a form that would be as affecting as Schwartz's music.

If you're stuck for ideas, just get a copy of "Dorothy and the Wizard in Oz", "The Land of Oz", or "The Emerald city of Oz", then take the child-oriented adventures in the lands outside Oz portrayed in these books, and apply the Maguire-Holzman treatment to them, raising moral questions that are obvious, yet were never intended to be asked. I'd do it myself, but my own very heavy, ironic style is utterly unsuited to creating a musical effect. You have a gift for that sort of thing. Use it.
alfabiteater chapter 1 . 9/30/2004
omg... i have been searching for wickedfics everywhere, yay.. ok that was cute... but now i wanna know what happens like where they go and stuff... maybe you could write anout chapter or something... ok well i liked it
anywbshowlover chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
this awesome story. please keep writing
sweet saturn chapter 1 . 9/28/2004
To be honest, I'm a little disappointed. Not being good at grammar is no excuse for writing with poor grammar. There's plenty of grammar guides and elitist bitches like me out there who are always willing to help a fellow writer out. Heck, Microsoft Word even has a grammar checker. You're grammar ISN'T horrible, but it could use a little polishing. Your story...well it was nice, but it didn't quite tickle my fancy or move me very much. This is, I'm guessing, supposed to be a reflective piece, so why is there not a whole lot of reflecting going on? A lot of the comments, although nice and fluffy, were rather cliche. To make this not a completely negative review and show that I'm not heinous bitch, I will say that I think you have potential as a writer. I did enjoy your other "Wicked" fic much more. Keep writing, and I hope to see you progress!